Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 279. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Then why do not you do a miner ?

There hasn't been enough incentive to do it.  If someone offered a large enough payment, I could write a Linux ZEC miner that is at least 10% faster than Claymore 9.2, and probably have it finished in under 30 days.

OK, how much for a 10% faster miner?

10BTC would be enough.

Difference between you and CM.  You claim things can be super fast, but say it's not worth it to you for less than X money upfront.  CM makes an actual miner for anyone to use, knowing profit will be made.

High performance code is often not started in ASM, as writing OpenCL or C code is often close enough or same speed as what you could get with ASM, and often gets you useful information for the best way to do things, before spending lots of time writing, and iterating over ASM implementations.  Also ASM optimizations are often custom to each card, which increases time. So while you were all theory from day one (which is fine if you don't plan writing a miner, or just for fun). So CM profit, now you spend time trying to get others to copy CM code, which is obviously quite good, or you wouldn't suggest it, because you know you missed the profit window.  It's silly to mine ZEC with AMD now on many cards, better to Eth or Monero, so good luck selling a miner 3 months late.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Hi guys
I have a question
Which kind o windows is better for claymore's zcash mining?
I have 5 r9 390x and i want to know which version of amd driver is the best for this work

IMO if you must use windows on those cards, go Win 7 and the Catalyst 15.12 or Crimson 16.10.1 drivers.

legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
I cannot get -tt to work on either the claymores eth miner or zcash miner

i have 3 rigs

2 of the m -tt works flawlessly

one my last rig i woke up and temps were at 89 degrees

can someone come up with a fix?
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
I think the psu enough for 4 x 480 8gb,
evga 1300w g2
and again the psu has 25 days of life, bought it new on Amazon

For me the power supply of 1300W (Antec High Current Pro Platinum ) work with 6 x SAPPHIRE RX480 8 Gb Nitro OC + .
Activity: 588

There hasn't been enough incentive to do it.  If someone offered a large enough payment, I could write a Linux ZEC miner that is at least 10% faster than Claymore 9.2, and probably have it finished in under 30 days.

You can add a 2% devfee just like Claymore does and make much more than 10BTC.

That's a possibility, but by no means a certainty.  ZEC could drop to $10.  The majority of ZEC could end up being minded by botnets, or by big farms running private miners.

I've been approached by a number of people asking me to write a private (and possibly public) miner, so it won't be long before I get the right incentive to write it.
Activity: 441
Merit: 252
XMR is the coin to be mined now.. On both new and old hardware.. Price is SKY ROCKETTING..
Claymore's GPU miner is available here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-cryptonote-amd-gpu-miner-v113-638915

I got working devfee remover for both GPU and CPU version.
Contact me on PM

You mean you give people a virus to install to their computer.  Make greedy people pay a penalty by giving them a virus. GG
Activity: 19
Merit: 0

I actually think I could get 25% faster performance, but would only promise 10% to play it safe.
It would be even easier for Wolf to do it given his expertise with GCN assembler, but he seems to be having more fun doing other stuff.

Can Claymore also do that?

None of Claymore's miners (eth, zec, xmr) seem to use GCN assembler, even though people like Wolf and Realhet have been doing miner kernels in asm for at least a couple years now.
https://realhet.wordpress.com/gcn-asm-groestl-coin-kernel/

Yeah yeah, all talk and no code. Theoretical code makes people no money.  Zec is least profitable to mine now anyway. Theorizing is fine, but is worthless for bashing, and often theoretical speed != reality. If it is as awesome as you say, you would write it.  What is the point of hyping up theoretical vaporware you have no intentions to write, just to try to discredit others? Is your theoretical skill over 9000?

claymore has said from the beginning for someone else to make a miner better than his and he will lower dev fee and/or beat theirs.  So instead of talking a big game, just make it.  Then you can say whatever you want.
Activity: 437
Merit: 250
Hi guys
I have a question
I have 5 r9 390x and i want to know which version of amd driver is the best for this work

I am use Windows 10 and don't have any problem with it. For such cards you may use Crimson 15.12
Activity: 27
Hi guys
I have a question
Activity: 28
XMR is the coin to be mined now.. On both new and old hardware.. Price is SKY ROCKETTING..
Claymore's GPU miner is available here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-cryptonote-amd-gpu-miner-v113-638915

I got working devfee remover for both GPU and CPU version.
Contact me on PM
Activity: 449

I actually think I could get 25% faster performance, but would only promise 10% to play it safe.
It would be even easier for Wolf to do it given his expertise with GCN assembler, but he seems to be having more fun doing other stuff.

None of Claymore's miners (eth, zec, xmr) seem to use GCN assembler, even though people like Wolf and Realhet have been doing miner kernels in asm for at least a couple years now.

Yeah yeah, all talk and no code. Theoretical code makes people no money.  Zec is least profitable to mine now anyway. Theorizing is fine, but is worthless for bashing, and often theoretical speed != reality. If it is as awesome as you say, you would write it.  What is the point of hyping up theoretical vaporware you have no intentions to write, just to try to discredit others? Is your theoretical skill over 9000?
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
Maybe you don't have such a sense of humor...
You also don't seem to understand how copyright law works.  It restricts copying, not reverse engineering.

It seems you should learn a bit.
The License file is a part of miner package. Besides copyrights, it also describes what you may do and what you may not. Do you state that you may ignore "License.txt"? If so, that's what I mean when I say that some devs don't respect licenses.

You are almost paranoid about people learning how your code works, yet it's been over a month since I publicly described how to implement a ZEC miner that is significantly faster than yours.

You can add a 2% devfee just like Claymore does and make much more than 10BTC.
Activity: 378
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I think the psu enough for 4 x 480 8gb,
evga 1300w g2
and again the psu has 25 days of life, bought it new on Amazon
rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

clean install with DDU,
16.11.5 drivers
okay for 2 hours, also wrapped 10 minutes, after crashes
and so I find the driver, I tried several times, but nothing more and negative results
I tried to change the uprights, position scede video, but the result does not change,
I left the rig so as you see, and it's working.

someone understands us something?
Ive been having a similar problem with my gigabyte g1 480. I get the black screen of dead. I suspect it maybe related to the PSU, but again on XMR there are no issues. Sometimes it runs for 15 minutes, others for several hours, now running for over 24 hours. This happens with or without overclocking.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

clean install with DDU,
16.11.5 drivers
okay for 2 hours, also wrapped 10 minutes, after crashes
and so I find the driver, I tried several times, but nothing more and negative results
I tried to change the uprights, position scede video, but the result does not change,
I left the rig so as you see, and it's working.

someone understands us something?

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

10BTC would be enough.

Sure you can

10BTC would be enough.

Sure you can

Activity: 307
here is a pm I got  on Christmas Day no less:

I deleted some of it>

------------------------------

DevFee redirecting hack for multiple coins and miners.
Take 100% of the earnings, you already payed enough devfee's.

Coins supported : ZEC, ETH, ETC, EXP, XMR

Miners supported and tested :

- Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner 7.4 (ETH, ETC, EXP)
- Claymore's ZCash AMD GPU Miner v9.2 (ZEC)
- EWBF's CUDA Zcash miner (ZEC)
- Claymore's CryptoNote GPU Miner v9.6 (XMR)
- Claymore CryptoNote CPU Miner v3.5 Beta - POOL (XMR)
- Kachur XMR miner (XMR)

Price : 0.05 btc

This offer is happening for 2 reasons

the fee is 2.5 with no ssl
 the fee is 2.0 with ssl

Lets do some math in my case I have 7-7.5 kh on zec.

I earn .6-.7 zec a day.
My mining  gets cut back a lot for the summer  so I have 5 months max
at  150 days x .66 it is 100 zcash coins

2 percent fee is 2 coins I use ssl.

so   i would  be paying  .05 btc to save 2 zec coins   that is about 0.096 btc

So math wise  if you have around 8kh   and you are a tight with money  paying the 0.05 btc is close to making sense. it might pay to do.  not principal or moral sense but close to dollar sense.

If you are at 16kh  it would certainly save you some money.

If claymore  were to reduce fee to 1%  in the 9.3 edtion

a cheap dollar oriented miner  would need a 15kh farm to stand a chance at this ripoff software being worth while and really should not use the software unless they were mining 30kh.

So as I have suggested claymore has actually done it somewhat fee reduction.    More fee reduction must be done by claymore.

2.5 to 2.0 is a start  maybe  in 9.3 drop fee to 1.5 if you use ssl

My point is this I am not paying .05 btc to save maybe .096 btc
But if Claymore had ssl fee at 1.5 %  paying .05 btc to save maybe .075 btc would be a pretty certain no for most everyone.
and if Claymore had ssl fee at 1%  paying .05 btc to save maybe .048 btc
would really be dumb.

Here is a redacted pm

you have only 7.5khs with 12 rigs ?

my rigs are not 6 card   which would be 72 cards

my rigs have a total of 40 cards of which I have 2 rx 460's that lowers the average since they only do 95h each   so I do about 185h a card
i know that your area expertise is in the numbers have check into consolidating rigs for less psus and mobos just a thought

I think 6 card rigs are a loser method for mining.  This is my opinion as risers and big psu's are simply not the way to go.

so most of mine are four card .

5 four card with one 3 card total 23 cards

I have some 3 card  and a 1 card

are you use 1 motherboard for it ?

I like this mobo for the four card rigs biostar z170

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138421

you can read my review on newegg   Philip A.

If I see this correctly, your GPU's are sitting directly next to each other on the MoBo. This is very bad, since the cards radiate their heat into the fans of the cards right next to them. You have to use risers to separate them thermally!
Jump to: