Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 283. (Read 3839163 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
in new miner i have 3 cards.

how to make 2 cards run i8 and 1 card run i 6 ?
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
It takes a lot to build but not much to lose
@Claymore
 After 9.2 release everything become crazy in my rigs. As you remember I reported to you 9.2 gave gpu0 hangs in all my rigs. Yesterday When I try to find a solution, I have a new problem too. 9.0 and 9.1 began to hang my system. But when I try to mine with 5 vga, there is no problem.( -di 01234 or -di 12345 or -di 02345 any combination less then 6 work without problem)
I can mine with 6 vga ethereum Claymore 7.4. I can mine zcash with 6 vga Claymore 8.0. I checked everything but I couldn't find a solution.

here what i do when things go south.

boot to safe mode. run ddu. reinstall fav drivers 15.12 for pre rx, 16.10.1 or so (NOT the 16.12.x) for rx or rx/r9 rigs.

9 times out of 10 it worked for me.

then use reflect free to make an image backup of the working OS install. goes into the weeds again, restore the image from reflects rescue disk/usb.
I always use ddu. This is really different problem.
rig1= works with 9.0 and 9.1 without problem.  9.2=  gpu0 hangs problem.
rig2= works with 9.0 and 9.1 without problem.  9.2 = gpu0 hangs problem.
rig3= system locks with 9.0 and 9.1 if I use more then 5 vga. ( This problem began yesterday. Before yesterday it has just problem with 9.2 like rig1 and rig2)  6 vga can mine zcash with 8.0 and can mine ethereum with claymore 7.4

Ever thought about the fact that perhaps a more efficient miner stresses the gpu more?

In other words, a shitty miner will only stress the gpu a little bit, the gpu will be able to retain higher clocks without any issues, simply because it's not being utilized like it "should"..

Then there's the modified straps story.. These days, with tools like polarisbioseditor it's easy for beginners to open up their rom, copy some straps, reflash.
But what most of you guys don't seem to realize is the fact that this has an enormous effect on your gpu. Duh :p
Lower straps will stress your gpu once again a lot more. This in combination with a more efficient miner and high clocks will most probably crash your GPU/System/Driver.

So.. by simply lowering your clocks, you will solve a lot of these "mysteries"..

It's nice to know exactly "what" you're doing and to understand what is exactly happening when you're "mining".. isn't it?

Wink

Hey Evilope,
Here is what I think, please give your thoughts.

When we use tighter straps , it will stress the card for certain but I dont think that stress would be able to change hardware. May be some diodes get stuck with some charge and need some more time to reset back to original discharged state. To me zcash miner seemed to keep a residual stress on the card so much that my ETH mining and XMR mining gets trashed big time. but surprisingly zec miner is the most stable for me. for 72 hrs no crashes.

What I do generally is
1) go to amd settings and clear shedder cache of the gfx cards (works sufficiently for 8/10)
2) just take my machine offline (power down for 1 min by unplugging. Keep power button pressed and possible discharge the mobo by taking out the battery).(works sufficiently for 8/10)
3) DDU and nuke the driver (works sufficiently for 10/10)

Decreasing some clocks on memory and core gives similar stability (many times more power efficiency). 5%-10% decrease in hashrate and 15-20% decrease in power consumption!
Works well
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
@Claymore
 After 9.2 release everything become crazy in my rigs. As you remember I reported to you 9.2 gave gpu0 hangs in all my rigs. Yesterday When I try to find a solution, I have a new problem too. 9.0 and 9.1 began to hang my system. But when I try to mine with 5 vga, there is no problem.( -di 01234 or -di 12345 or -di 02345 any combination less then 6 work without problem)
I can mine with 6 vga ethereum Claymore 7.4. I can mine zcash with 6 vga Claymore 8.0. I checked everything but I couldn't find a solution.

boot to safe mode. run ddu. reinstall fav drivers 15.12 for pre rx, 16.10.1 or so (NOT the 16.12.x) for rx or rx/r9 rigs.

then use reflect free to make an image backup of the working OS install. goes into the weeds again, restore the image from reflects rescue disk/usb.
rig3= system locks with 9.0 and 9.1 if I use more then 5 vga. ( This problem began yesterday. Before yesterday it has just problem with 9.2 like rig1 and rig2)  6 vga can mine zcash with 8.0 and can mine ethereum with claymore 7.4

Ever thought about the fact that perhaps a more efficient miner stresses the gpu more?

In other words, a shitty miner will only stress the gpu a little bit, the gpu will be able to retain higher clocks without any issues, simply because it's not being utilized like it "should"..

Then there's the modified straps story.. These days, with tools like polarisbioseditor it's easy for beginners to open up their rom, copy some straps, reflash.
But what most of you guys don't seem to realize is the fact that this has an enormous effect on your gpu. Duh :p
Lower straps will stress your gpu once again a lot more. This in combination with a more efficient miner and high clocks will most probably crash your GPU/System/Driver.

So.. by simply lowering your clocks, you will solve a lot of these "mysteries"..

It's nice to know exactly "what" you're doing and to understand what is exactly happening when you're "mining".. isn't it?

Wink
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
@Claymore

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
@Claymore

Activity: 186
@Claymore
Activity: 189
Hi ALL
What is the best intensity for Saphire RX480 ref?

It depends much of type of CPU your running. On low end CPU high intensity just do worse

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
I am supporter of claymore! Claymore is number 1 developer!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Hello Claymore , could you add dynamic control of intensity from working miner for example by "shift +" "shift -" hotkeys ?

It would require reallocating GPU memory which will cause crash after few iterations, so I wouldn't like to do it.
Why do you need it?

Freezing the 6-RX480 (1100/1950 - 88mv) with -i 4 after start but ok with -i 0. PSU Corsair HX1000i.

Have you try opening different instances of the miner ? It would be mining 2 GPUs, 1 min later another 2 , and 1 min later the last 2. You could adjust the intensity (or different for each instance) till your PSU gets the limit.
Just an idea.

-di    GPU indexes, default is all available GPUs. For example, if you have four GPUs "-di 02" will enable only first and third GPUs (#0 and #2).

Regards

BTW, thanks Claymore for your work.

Thanks for the good advice.
Activity: 378
What it looks like to me is a couple butthurt devs pissed that claymore getting all the action.  When it comes to people and their money well seems nowadays anything goes. What purpose would they have blatantly talking about ripping him off right in his own thread. Has to be to hope claymore gets pissed and stops developing so we have to use their crap software??!  That's a new low if you ask me.  Instead of taking the time to rip claymore off. Why don't you guys go back to school and learn to code. Then you can come back with better miner and charge a fee Wink

They are pretty good at coding, trust me and their knowledge typically goes a lot deeper than even the more typical coder.
I think it wasn't meant to be malicious but was taken / done in bad taste verses sending him a message personally (off-list) to state they think he has a good sense of humor and how they defeated it.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
What it looks like to me is a couple butthurt devs pissed that claymore getting all the action.  When it comes to people and their money well seems nowadays anything goes. What purpose would they have blatantly talking about ripping him off right in his own thread. Has to be to hope claymore gets pissed and stops developing so we have to use their crap software??!  That's a new low if you ask me.  Instead of taking the time to rip claymore off. Why don't you guys go back to school and learn to code. Then you can come back with better miner and charge a fee Wink

BR
Activity: 378
It seems you should learn a bit.
The License file is a part of miner package. Besides copyrights, it also describes what you may do and what you may not. Do you state that you may ignore "License.txt"? If so, that's what I mean when I say that some devs don't respect licenses.

You're actually right, but many countries have laws that protect reverse engineering (I believe a lot of Europe does) regardless of licenses.

Some do, but that typically is only if you actually purchase something. Something that is offered for free will not cover that as the license explicitly states what is allowed if you want to use it (in whatever form).
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
my rig 4 x 480 for some reason you uninstall only one driver and crashes, and tries to install the new driver without my liberty, and strange, only 480, because the 470, and 390x are fine
 Huh
Activity: 160
Hi ALL

My RX 470 Sapphire ref cards like -i 8

I'm quite certain the 480 should like it even better.

I use always the default (recommended by Claymore) intensity setting. I tried -8 but I got lower (or same) hashrate on every cards (390/470/480). Oh and I got more rejected shares also.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hello Claymore , could you add dynamic control of intensity from working miner for example by "shift +" "shift -" hotkeys ?

It would require reallocating GPU memory which will cause crash after few iterations, so I wouldn't like to do it.
Why do you need it?

Freezing the 6-RX480 (1100/1950 - 88mv) with -i 4 after start but ok with -i 0. PSU Corsair HX1000i.

Have you try opening different instances of the miner ? It would be mining 2 GPUs, 1 min later another 2 , and 1 min later the last 2. You could adjust the intensity (or different for each instance) till your PSU gets the limit.
Just an idea.

-di    GPU indexes, default is all available GPUs. For example, if you have four GPUs "-di 02" will enable only first and third GPUs (#0 and #2).

Regards

BTW, thanks Claymore for your work.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Yeah - I've unpacked the real miner binary (zecminer64 is only 66k, this is because it loads Data3.bin, decodes it, and then runs it.)

From there you end up with a binary that looks to have been packed by a modified version of UPX - unpacking what it drops looks like an ELF loaded at 0x80000 - it patches several jumps in it to make it work, because it looks like it expects to be loaded at 0x40000. THAT looks like it drops ld.so and the real miner ELF into memory.

Yo dawg, I herd you like executing, so I put an ELF64 in your ELF64 so you can execute while you execute.

I think now one of my points about Linux release is clear - other devs want to see how my miner works and do reverse engineering as soon as they can. It's much easier to do it in Linux.
My License.txt prohibits such things clearly, so you violate the license.
Remember I violated MIT license in past and was blamed that I steal other's work. Now I see same thing from you. Have fun...

Maybe you don't have such a sense of humor...
You also don't seem to understand how copyright law works.  It restricts copying, not reverse engineering.

It seems you should learn a bit.
The License file is a part of miner package. Besides copyrights, it also describes what you may do and what you may not. Do you state that you may ignore "License.txt"? If so, that's what I mean when I say that some devs don't respect licenses.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Hi!
Claymore v9.2 linux miner how to run windows cygwin terminal?

Your question is confusing - are you wanting to run the LINUX version of v9.2 in Windows?

Yes

Why not just run the NATIVE Windows version?
legendary
Hi ALL

My RX 470 Sapphire ref cards like -i 8

I'm quite certain the 480 should like it even better.
legendary

WTM says ETH is more profitable than ZEC for time being, oh btw what does a 1070 does on ETH ?

470 4gb i call it the best bang for buck does around 28 mh/s ++ ish on a light mem mod + OC.

380 sol/s more or less depending on the model and overclocks for my various 1070 cards.
 Some folks have reported up to 430 but I suspect they have cards that like to overclock more or have cards with "better memory" in them.

I am inclined to agree that the RX 470 4GB is the best "bang for the buck" right now for a mining-specific card, though the 8GB and the various RX 480s can argue the point depending on which specific models are on sale and for how much at any given point.
Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy
what are the lowest undervolting people have been getting away with on reference rx480's and top overclock %'s on stilt flashed r9 290's?

anyone experimenting with the chill setting? figure it wont come into effect unless it can take advantage of this multi-algo switching.. kind of a hail mary but i'll report back on results if i notice anything worthwhile.
Jump to: