Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 287. (Read 3839163 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
For Linux - Ubuntu - use this :

export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

make new file : run.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash

sleep 20
./zecminer64
Note: change the run.sh Permission
Code:
chmod +x run.sh

use any setting ( read the ReadMe!! file )
 Smiley i think this will help!!

Thank you, but for what reason do you use the sleep command?

I don't get that one too - but I've got a couple of ATICONFIG commands (one fan speed set, one clocks set) after the exports and before the miner startup, never had an issue doing it that way on any miner software I've ever run.

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
What did I do wrong ? : no of mining Huh
ZecMiner64.exe -zpool SSL: //zec-eu1.nanopool.org:6633 -zwal t1RGQ4QhSqMMDNF8RaZRm5AHvrP7zyFZD6v.1 -zpsw r -i 8 

Thanks

ZecMiner64.exe -zpool SSL://zec-eu1.nanopool.org:6633 -zwal t1RGQ4QhSqMMDNF8RaZRm5AHvrP7zyFZD6v.1 -zpsw -i 8 

Alternative :

ZecMiner64.exe -zpool ssl://zec.suprnova.cc:2242 -zwal t1RGQ4QhSqMMDNF8RaZRm5AHvrP7zyFZD6v.1 -zpsw -i 8 

Wink
legendary
Actually, it would have been easier to reconstruct the actual miner binary on Windows. There's nice tools to do this for the PE32+ (PE 64-bit) format, but jack shit for ELF64.
My owner and I recovered the binary in its original, unpacked form, btw - not much in the way of anti-debugging once you get to there. Some obfuscation, but not much. Checkmate - that was a fun workout; time to figure out something else to do.
Stop worrying about your devfee, it's not about removing it or altering it. It was just fun to do.

Yeah, you and your owner did it just for fun, I understand it of course Smiley

Cats are like that.

legendary
does not work with my gigabyte hd7950 3gb,
none of the claymores did, some 7950 do work btw. high hashes, thanks clay,
what could the cause be. card mines the hell out of other alts.

anyway.. version 9.3 on the way i guess,?

Very odd, v9.2 LINUX version runs fine for me on a HD 7870 2GB card (only had the chance to check it out on one machine so far, holiday stuff and eqm 1.0.4a + Burst deployment keeps getting in the way).

Catalyst 15.12, SDK 2.9.1, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with evilTrinity replaced by XFCE (XUbuntu "upgraded" to XOrg 1.18 which breaks fglrx which destroys the whole POINT to running 14.04 at all).

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Actually, it would have been easier to reconstruct the actual miner binary on Windows. There's nice tools to do this for the PE32+ (PE 64-bit) format, but jack shit for ELF64.
My owner and I recovered the binary in its original, unpacked form, btw - not much in the way of anti-debugging once you get to there. Some obfuscation, but not much. Checkmate - that was a fun workout; time to figure out something else to do.
Stop worrying about your devfee, it's not about removing it or altering it. It was just fun to do.

Yeah, you and your owner did it just for fun, I understand it of course Smiley

Clay you can rest assured that every big(er)  cloud hashing company has your miner variations and optimizations already -  regardless of ssl, packing, upx, linux etc..  Smiley

Agreed.
I know what I do.
However, I'd like to state that some devs don't respect the license and discuss their success in miner disassembling and GPU kernels dumping right in my thread.
legendary

The 1070 has a long way to go before it's worth a look.  The entry cost of $400/card is just too steep to overcome without some serious hash.

Edit: AMD guys are quibbling over 0.5% using ssl and 2%-4% in pool variance.
Nvidia guys are paying a 20% premium just to play the game and screaming victory.  It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

It's nice for those of us that already HAVE the 1070s, but I certainly wouldn't consider buying one over 1.8-2x RX 470s just to mine with.
 On the other hand, some folks are ALL ABOUT "I've got the fastest, nah nah nah!"...

...in which case the Titan X Pascal has been reported at well over 500 sol/s on eqm 1.0.4a

I won't get into the $1200 - it's NOT WORTH IT unless you already have the card!

legendary
Activity: 885
Merit: 1006
NiceHash.com
Hi,

We have added SSL support for mining on NiceHash with Claymore Equihash Zcash miner (as you know, SSL lower's Claymore miner's fee from 2.5% to 2.0%).

You have to use stratum+ssl:// for stratum connection and use port 33357. Please see the examples below:

Mining with Claymore Equihash Zcash miner on EU location
Code:
ZecMiner64.exe -zpool stratum+ssl://equihash.eu.nicehash.com:33357 -zwal [YOUR-BTC-ADDR].[YOUR-WORKER-NAME] -zpsw -x

Mining with Claymore Equihash Zcash miner on USA location
Code:
ZecMiner64.exe -zpool stratum+ssl://equihash.usa.nicehash.com:33357 -zwal [YOUR-BTC-ADDR].[YOUR-WORKER-NAME] -zpsw -x

Mining with Claymore Equihash Zcash miner on ASIA Hong Kong location
Code:
ZecMiner64.exe -zpool stratum+ssl://equihash.hk.nicehash.com:33357 -zwal [YOUR-BTC-ADDR].[YOUR-WORKER-NAME] -zpsw -x

Mining with Claymore Equihash Zcash miner on ASIA Japan location
Code:
ZecMiner64.exe -zpool stratum+ssl://equihash.jp.nicehash.com:33357 -zwal [YOUR-BTC-ADDR].[YOUR-WORKER-NAME] -zpsw -x

Best regards,
NiceHash team.
legendary
Just noticed Claymore has a sense of humor:
Code:
not so easy bro :)
When setting AMD_OCL_BUILD_OPTIONS_APPEND

Setting AMD_OCL_BUILD_OPTIONS gets:
Code:
it fails too ;)

However after a quick hex edit of the amd opencl shared library
Code:
export AMD_OCL_RALPH_OPTIONS_APPEND=-save-temps
Works just great. :-)

Yeah - I've unpacked the real miner binary (zecminer64 is only 66k, this is because it loads Data3.bin, decodes it, and then runs it.)

From there you end up with a binary that looks to have been packed by a modified version of UPX - unpacking what it drops looks like an ELF loaded at 0x80000 - it patches several jumps in it to make it work, because it looks like it expects to be loaded at 0x40000. THAT looks like it drops ld.so and the real miner ELF into memory.

Yo dawg, I herd you like executing, so I put an ELF64 in your ELF64 so you can execute while you execute.

I think now one of my points about Linux release is clear - other devs want to see how my miner works and do reverse engineering as soon as they can. It's much easier to do it in Linux.
My License.txt prohibits such things clearly, so you violate the license.
Remember I violated MIT license in past and was blamed that I steal other's work. Now I see same thing from you. Have fun...

Clay you can rest assured that every big(er)  cloud hashing company has your miner variations and optimizations already -  regardless of ssl, packing, upx, linux etc..  Smiley
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Code:

Code:
it fails too ;)

Code:

Yeah - I've unpacked the real miner binary (zecminer64 is only 66k, this is because it loads Data3.bin, decodes it, and then runs it.)

From there you end up with a binary that looks to have been packed by a modified version of UPX - unpacking what it drops looks like an ELF loaded at 0x80000 - it patches several jumps in it to make it work, because it looks like it expects to be loaded at 0x40000. THAT looks like it drops ld.so and the real miner ELF into memory.

Yo dawg, I herd you like executing, so I put an ELF64 in your ELF64 so you can execute while you execute.

I think now one of my points about Linux release is clear - other devs want to see how my miner works and do reverse engineering as soon as they can. It's much easier to do it in Linux.
Remember I violated MIT license in past and was blamed that I steal other's work. Now I see same thing from you. Have fun...

Well you had to knew this.. i'm just surprised they openly talk about it on the forum Cheesy
legendary
All tries getting the linux miner to work just fail for me with either access violations or a complete lock up of the rig where only a hard reset helps.  Optiminer works fine though.
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Code:

Code:
it fails too ;)

Code:

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Fiji still beats the pants off 1070...

Efficient Setup
Fury $260 300H/s 100W
1070 $400 330H/s 95W
You're paying $840 more for 180H/s and 30W efficiency on a 6 card rig.

Full Bore (small scale with no electric cost)
Fury $260 350H/s
Edit: 1070 $400 430H/s
Edit: You're paying $840 more for 480H/s on a 6 card rig.

Which Fury model consumes 100W and clocks please!!!
Activity: 307
Merit: 250

It's not that I don't trust Claymore's Miner.. but my Kaspersky Anti Ransomware Tool just blocked just blocked zecminer64.exe .. Undecided
Just put it in "exceptions". Miners are oftenly recognised as viruses.
Activity: 89
 What did I do wrong ? : no of mining Huh
ZecMiner64.exe -zpool SSL: //zec-eu1.nanopool.org:6633 -zwal t1RGQ4QhSqMMDNF8RaZRm5AHvrP7zyFZD6v.1 -zpsw r -i 8 

Thanks
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
does not work with my gigabyte hd7950 3gb,
none of the claymores did, some 7950 do work btw. high hashes, thanks clay,
what could the cause be. card mines the hell out of other alts.

anyway.. version 9.3 on the way i guess,?
Something is wrong on your side...My asus 7950 dcu2t cards works perfectly...on rigs I use 15.12 drivers and in my PC 16.11.5....950/1250/1V...stilt bios https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=16623
http://imgur.com/a/cf77V
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
No, now 430 hash for 1070...

See edits. Still isn't worth it...

Further Edit:

Efficiency Setup - at equal power use for comparison without power costs impacting the analysis.
                    Edit:       Edit:
Card   Price   Hash/s   Power (W)   H/$
1070  $400    380        100            0.95
Fury   $260    300        100            1.15

Full Bore Setup
Card   Price   Hash/s   H/$
1070  $400    430      1.075
Fury   $260    350      1.346

The 1070 has a long way to go before it's worth a look.  The entry cost of $400/card is just too steep to overcome without some serious hash.

it's wrong, the 1070 do 380 at 100watt not 330

If you did a little math yourself you'd see at 380 it's still not wrong.  AMD is still ahead of Nvidia in H/$ running efficiently AND running full bore.  Even with the adjusted numbers the 1070 is still 20% less H/$.  AMD dead?? It's still in the LEAD.

Edit: AMD guys are quibbling over 0.5% using ssl and 2%-4% in pool variance.
Nvidia guys are paying a 20% premium just to play the game and screaming victory.  It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

it is because 380 sol is always better than 300 sol at the same wattage, you need 25% more uselesses components with 300 sol to have the same total hash

you must remember that on large scale the less rig you have that do the job the better
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Stock GTX 1070 = 360 Sol/s @ 150 W
OC GTX 1070 (clock @ 2050, mem @ 4500) = 410 Sol/s @ 170 W
Efficient GTX 1070 (TDP 50%, mem @ 4500) = 330 Sol/s @ 95 W
dead AMD its near  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Nvidia rules

you are doing it wrong i'm getting 375 sol at 100watt and with 150 you have 430 sol

Stock GTX 1070 = 360 Sol/s @ 150 W
OC GTX 1070 (clock @ 2050, mem @ 4500) = 410 Sol/s @ 170 W
Efficient GTX 1070 (TDP 50%, mem @ 4500) = 330 Sol/s @ 95 W
dead AMD its near  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Nvidia rules

35% more expensive for 35% more hash.  We know.  You are not unleashing secrets here...

wrong, cost double of a 470 but it hash at double the speed or near that, the difference is the efficiency which is far greater
But you are locked to Nicehash, which has lower payout than at a pool, by a substantial amount.  So higher hash != higher pay.  After you factor in nicehash cut, its more like 320-330H stock, while a stock clocked 480 can do ~240.  So ~35% more hash, for 90% more cost.  It is more efficient, but that doesn't make up for gargantuan price difference.  Finally having good miners for Nvidia puts the cards in a much better position than before, but there isn't a clear cut winner.  Also, the good Nvidia miners came out when mining profit is really low.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

It's not that I don't trust Claymore's Miner.. but my Kaspersky Anti Ransomware Tool just blocked just blocked zecminer64.exe .. Undecided
Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy
Code:

Code:
it fails too ;)

Code:

you're just lucky RALPH and BUILD have the same number of letters of else none of this would have worked and i'm sure you would be stuck with default build.

Merry Christmas (:
Activity: 11
For Linux - Ubuntu - use this :

make new file : run.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash

sleep 20
./zecminer64
Note: change the run.sh Permission
Code:
chmod +x run.sh

use any setting ( read the ReadMe!! file )
 Smiley i think this will help!!

thanks ill try that

any idea on AMD ADL?
Jump to: