Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 284. (Read 3839163 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
we need 9.3 to fix 280x issues on last one
Activity: 430
Merit: 253
VeganAcademy
ya but dmca..

cant we all just get along? seeing more hostility against nerdralph than buddy openly selling workarounds for your fee structure for like .3 or .1 btc in this same forum.

is juicing nvidia camp and increasing dif going to prop up those donations is what i'd really like to know.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
Yeah - I've unpacked the real miner binary (zecminer64 is only 66k, this is because it loads Data3.bin, decodes it, and then runs it.)

From there you end up with a binary that looks to have been packed by a modified version of UPX - unpacking what it drops looks like an ELF loaded at 0x80000 - it patches several jumps in it to make it work, because it looks like it expects to be loaded at 0x40000. THAT looks like it drops ld.so and the real miner ELF into memory.

Yo dawg, I herd you like executing, so I put an ELF64 in your ELF64 so you can execute while you execute.

I think now one of my points about Linux release is clear - other devs want to see how my miner works and do reverse engineering as soon as they can. It's much easier to do it in Linux.
My License.txt prohibits such things clearly, so you violate the license.
Remember I violated MIT license in past and was blamed that I steal other's work. Now I see same thing from you. Have fun...

Maybe you don't have such a sense of humor...
You also don't seem to understand how copyright law works.  It restricts copying, not reverse engineering.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Even with my modified bios xfx rx480s, they pull 70 watts from Molex on the risers. (running at 0.95 core/mem)
Ref or non-ref 480?

Non-Ref 2nd gen XFX RX480's with the 2 fans.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Even with my modified bios xfx rx480s, they pull 70 watts from Molex on the risers. (running at 0.95 core/mem)
Ref or non-ref 480?
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
Hello Claymore , could you add dynamic control of intensity from working miner for example by "shift +" "shift -" hotkeys ?

It would require reallocating GPU memory which will cause crash after few iterations, so I wouldn't like to do it.
Why do you need it?

Freezing the 6-RX480 (1100/1950 - 88mv) with -i 4 after start but ok with -i 0. PSU Corsair HX1000i.

Power supply issue or maybe how you are powering the pci riser boards.

4 standard riser with molex and 2 - usb 3.0 riser. Yeah i guess it maybe peak power when start with -i 4 but i'm not sure. With -i 0 (1100/1950 - 88mv)  it consumes ~ 700W.

Are you powering 2 risers with 1 Molex daisychain each? They can pull over 100watts each initially. Even with my modified bios xfx rx480s, they pull 70 watts from Molex on the risers. (running at 0.95 core/mem)
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Hello Claymore , could you add dynamic control of intensity from working miner for example by "shift +" "shift -" hotkeys ?

It would require reallocating GPU memory which will cause crash after few iterations, so I wouldn't like to do it.
Why do you need it?

Freezing the 6-RX480 (1100/1950 - 88mv) with -i 4 after start but ok with -i 0. PSU Corsair HX1000i.

4 standard riser with molex and 2 - usb 3.0 riser. Yeah i guess it maybe peak power when start with -i 4 but i'm not sure. With -i 0 (1100/1950 - 88mv)  it consumes ~ 700W.
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....

Why do you need it?

legendary

Why do you need it?

donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

Why do you need it?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Does anyone know why this much variation hashrate -  is it because of dev fee?

https://i.imgur.com/5TYsMfy.jpg

When devfee is working, your hashrate drops.
If you want no devfee, contact me on PM.
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
Does anyone know why this much variation hashrate -  is it because of dev fee?

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
What did I do wrong ? : no of mining Huh
ZecMiner64.exe -zpool SSL: //zec-eu1.nanopool.org:6633 -zwal t1RGQ4QhSqMMDNF8RaZRm5AHvrP7zyFZD6v.1 -zpsw r -i 8 

Thanks

ZecMiner64.exe -zpool SSL:(YOU HAVE SPACE HERE)//zec-eu1.nanopool.org:6633 -zwal t1RGQ4QhSqMMDNF8RaZRm5AHvrP7zyFZD6v.1 -zpsw r -i 8 

so  my question is why do I want SSL?

HOW MUCH is fee with and with out ssl

At the moment I have no SSL  on my 11 miners I certainly am willing to upgrade to SSL  but what do I gain?
-0.5% devfee in case of using Claymore's miner

There is also 0% fee during the holidays on https://zec.suprnova.cc in case you want so save some fees. SSL port is of course also available
would be even better if it ended 12:01 01/02/2017

Don't worry, won't be the last promo Smiley

ocminer, Thank you for your Christmas and New Year gift Wink

Pleasure, great to have you on the pool Smiley
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

it's wrong, the 1070 do 380 at 100watt not 330

With what miner?

with the nicehash miner

Hmm is this with some hardcore OC?
I am getting 330 at 65% TDP - 120W and it still drops if I move to 60% or lower.

Edit: I see that 1.7.3.11 has been released. Will check it out.
Indeed getting 380 now.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Mine Mine Mine
i'm not nvidia fanboy, but your mathematic is - wrong?

claymore with SSL 2% + pool 1% = 3%
nicehash = 3%

dude, it's same value  Tongue

my bad again, but sometimes some other pools other than NH have 0% fee & mph is 0.9% so still lesser than NH in terms of fees.

WTM says ETH is more profitable than ZEC for time being, oh btw what does a 1070 does on ETH ?

470 4gb i call it the best bang for buck does around 28 mh/s ++ ish on a light mem mod + OC.

well, still more profitable than NH if it's 1 to 1 (based on same hashrate for the algo being mined) be it ZEC or ETH in terms of payout most of the time.

well back on topic, hope next version will be able to be less jumpy on the power spikes which "should" make the miner to be more stable. we shall see. prolly lower fees too. all we can do is hope.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Just noticed Claymore has a sense of humor:
Code:
not so easy bro :)
When setting AMD_OCL_BUILD_OPTIONS_APPEND

Setting AMD_OCL_BUILD_OPTIONS gets:
Code:
it fails too ;)

However after a quick hex edit of the amd opencl shared library
Code:
export AMD_OCL_RALPH_OPTIONS_APPEND=-save-temps
Works just great. :-)

Yeah - I've unpacked the real miner binary (zecminer64 is only 66k, this is because it loads Data3.bin, decodes it, and then runs it.)

From there you end up with a binary that looks to have been packed by a modified version of UPX - unpacking what it drops looks like an ELF loaded at 0x80000 - it patches several jumps in it to make it work, because it looks like it expects to be loaded at 0x40000. THAT looks like it drops ld.so and the real miner ELF into memory.

Yo dawg, I herd you like executing, so I put an ELF64 in your ELF64 so you can execute while you execute.

I think now one of my points about Linux release is clear - other devs want to see how my miner works and do reverse engineering as soon as they can. It's much easier to do it in Linux.
My License.txt prohibits such things clearly, so you violate the license.
Remember I violated MIT license in past and was blamed that I steal other's work. Now I see same thing from you. Have fun...

Actually, it would have been easier to reconstruct the actual miner binary on Windows. There's nice tools to do this for the PE32+ (PE 64-bit) format, but jack shit for ELF64.

My owner and I recovered the binary in its original, unpacked form, btw - not much in the way of anti-debugging once you get to there. Some obfuscation, but not much. Checkmate - that was a fun workout; time to figure out something else to do.

Stop worrying about your devfee, it's not about removing it or altering it. It was just fun to do.

You have an owner?   Does he let you out much?    We can't own wolves here in Canada, I wish we could.
Activity: 361
Merit: 250
What did I do wrong ? : no of mining Huh
ZecMiner64.exe -zpool SSL: //zec-eu1.nanopool.org:6633 -zwal t1RGQ4QhSqMMDNF8RaZRm5AHvrP7zyFZD6v.1 -zpsw r -i 8 

Thanks

ZecMiner64.exe -zpool SSL:(YOU HAVE SPACE HERE)//zec-eu1.nanopool.org:6633 -zwal t1RGQ4QhSqMMDNF8RaZRm5AHvrP7zyFZD6v.1 -zpsw r -i 8 

so  my question is why do I want SSL?

HOW MUCH is fee with and with out ssl

At the moment I have no SSL  on my 11 miners I certainly am willing to upgrade to SSL  but what do I gain?
-0.5% devfee in case of using Claymore's miner

There is also 0% fee during the holidays on https://zec.suprnova.cc in case you want so save some fees. SSL port is of course also available
would be even better if it ended 12:01 01/02/2017

Don't worry, won't be the last promo Smiley

ocminer, Thank you for your Christmas and New Year gift Wink
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
As in any discipline, TIMING is EVERYTHING. AMD was at least DOUBLE speed and efficiency when ZEC profitability was 5-10 times higher than ZEC profitability period when NVIDIA is 30% faster/more efficient. Feel free to INTEGRATE this into conclusion what is better for You.

Activity: 211
Merit: 101
i'm not nvidia fanboy, but your mathematic is - wrong?

claymore with SSL 2% + pool 1% = 3%
nicehash = 3%

dude, it's same value  Tongue
Jump to: