Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 327. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 311
Merit: 250
5x R9-390's at stock settings will use about 1300-1400watts.
Unless you're using a perfectly running EVGA 1500 your power supply could be the issue. Most power supplies don't even get near their rated power.

Best thing to do is to have them adjust after bootup to max undervolt and  see if they are more stable.

Buy a dps 2000bb and your problem will be over
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
5x R9-390's at stock settings will use about 1300-1400watts.
Unless you're using a perfectly running EVGA 1500 your power supply could be the issue. Most power supplies don't even get near their rated power.

Best thing to do is to have them adjust after bootup to max undervolt and  see if they are more stable.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Can you help a lil ? I have a error like this WATCHDOG: GPU 0 hangs in OpenCL call, exit . In 6x470 4g rig I'm not having this error (last catalyst + 1200w bronze evga psu) but in other rig which have 5 gpu 3x 390 2x 390x with cata 15.12 and 1500w power supply I'm getting this usally after 1 or 2 hour maybe earlier. No oc at all all of them stock. After i saw this error miner don't start and rig crash. Thx in advance.

Anybody ?

I would say measure the output at the wall of the 390s using a kill-a-watt. The're cheep, every miner should have at least one. I don't have any 390s myself, yet(getting a 295x2 tonight) but they say they pull around 300 watts. If this is close to true you need another PSU to take the load. Keep in mind if your on the 120v North american standard your close 15 amps. Most households use 15 amps as the standard for each circuit.

If you want to try to change the core voltage or lower the clocks to save power, or take one of them out of the rig and see if it still crashes.
YIz
Activity: 686
Merit: 502
Claymore; are you planning to fix the stability issues in 9.1? my rigs are still crashing in this version but work fine with 8.0.
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Thank you very much..
I noted some miners said not to use the sata to molex!!!
and if I used the sata to molex cable then I have to connect the (8pin from the PSU to the molex) which have 3 molex in series without issue!! If yes that means that the last sata (first on the last GPU side) draw 50-75W but the previous will draw double(as it is connected in series) and then the first sata (PSU side) will be tripple power.So it will survive!!!
Thanks.
It is better to use Molex, but you will be limited by power supply.  So it depends on card. Reference 480 draws too much from PCIE slot, so would be an issue. As long as the card isn't taxing PCIE slot (realistically best at 66W or less, but card can draw 75W per the spec), it should be fine.  Compare typical power usage of card to its power delivery. RX-480 reference uses ~165W, but only has 150W of inputs, by specifications (75 from 6 pin, 75 from slot).  Any 480 with 8 pin should be fine (150W + 75). I think 480 was meant to be 150W card, but they upped clocks to be competitive with 1060, right before launch, so 6 pin isn't really enough.
Thanks again..
My cards are 11260-01 rx 480.. So I can connect the EVGA 1300 G2 pcei 1 for every card of the six. and use the 2 cables which have 3molex and 2molex to supply 5 raisers and 1 sata for the last raiser..
Will not have any issue while the molex are series connected!!!!
PCIE ]-----150W--------100W---------50W----
                           |50w         | 50w         |50w
                       molex1        molex2     molex3
You shouldn't connect more than 2 cards per chain from the PSU.  So I would do 2 on each molex cable, then 2 on a sata chain, or 2 sata chains.  I actually do 1 on each molex chain, and 1 on each sata chain, lots of extra cables, but shouldn't overload any of them.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
@Assaro

Yes.

all looks fine after 10 min... hope it will keep like this....  Wink thx for advice
is anyone having problems connecting to Dwarf

yes same here, they have som problem again, at least on eu server where i am... Accepting of shares jups between 46ms - 2000+ms

or no job found or couldnt connet to server, try again in 20 sec....

also its having a problem do connect to the dev fee....

so as nobody reacted on my previous post i thing its a pool problem... (corect me pls if im wrong...)

what server you are on dwarf?
the us server it might just be system wide

1h ago got like 30 rejected  shares...  you just cant connet? or you are havin the same problem like me?
Activity: 50
@Assaro

Yes.

If you're trying to connect to the EU server change it to the RU one.

RU server stable?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node

yes same here, they have som problem again, at least on eu server where i am... Accepting of shares jups between 46ms - 2000+ms

so as nobody reacted on my previous post i thing its a pool problem... (corect me pls if im wrong...)

the us server it might just be system wide

Activity: 50

If you're trying to connect to the EU server change it to the RU one.
Activity: 74
Can you help a lil ? I have a error like this WATCHDOG: GPU 0 hangs in OpenCL call, exit . In 6x470 4g rig I'm not having this error (last catalyst + 1200w bronze evga psu) but in other rig which have 5 gpu 3x 390 2x 390x with cata 15.12 and 1500w power supply I'm getting this usally after 1 or 2 hour maybe earlier. No oc at all all of them stock. After i saw this error miner don't start and rig crash. Thx in advance.

Anybody ?
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
Guys, what are you using to switch between zcash and the other coins automatically?

Maybe someone has a way to switch coins using only claymore's miner?
Activity: 504
Merit: 272
Anybody has a link for Kill-A-Watt with European plug?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node
rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
exctract the content of the amd setup file, select "Microsoft Video Adapter"

how i can do that??? Grin

7zip
Activity: 55
Thank you very much..
and if I used the sata to molex cable then I have to connect the (8pin from the PSU to the molex) which have 3 molex in series without issue!! If yes that means that the last sata (first on the last GPU side) draw 50-75W but the previous will draw double(as it is connected in series) and then the first sata (PSU side) will be tripple power.So it will survive!!!
Thanks.
It is better to use Molex, but you will be limited by power supply.  So it depends on card. Reference 480 draws too much from PCIE slot, so would be an issue. As long as the card isn't taxing PCIE slot (realistically best at 66W or less, but card can draw 75W per the spec), it should be fine.  Compare typical power usage of card to its power delivery. RX-480 reference uses ~165W, but only has 150W of inputs, by specifications (75 from 6 pin, 75 from slot).  Any 480 with 8 pin should be fine (150W + 75). I think 480 was meant to be 150W card, but they upped clocks to be competitive with 1060, right before launch, so 6 pin isn't really enough.
Thanks again..
My cards are 11260-01 rx 480.. So I can connect the EVGA 1300 G2 pcei 1 for every card of the six. and use the 2 cables which have 3molex and 2molex to supply 5 raisers and 1 sata for the last raiser..
Will not have any issue while the molex are series connected!!!!
PCIE ]-----150W--------100W---------50W----
                           |50w         | 50w         |50w
                       molex1        molex2     molex3
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Sorry for the off topic...
In case of 6x480:
can you please explain how you connect the evga G2 molex to the raisers?
are you connecting the molex which is in series to the usb raisers direct!!
If yes then I only see 5 molex (on two cables 3x1 & 2x1) while you need 6, or you use one sata as the 6th!!!
any help would be appreciated.
Don't connect more than 2 cards per power cable (I do 1 per, but you can do 2 with most cards). You can use the sata to molex adapter that comes with the usb risers. Sata power cable can handle less power (~55w vs 75), but should be fine with 480 with 8 pin PCIE power.  Reference 480s, or any with 6 pin PCIE power..... plug into molex directly, or undervolt/underclock and do Ethereum.
Thank you very much..
Thanks.
It is better to use Molex, but you will be limited by power supply.  So it depends on card. Reference 480 draws too much from PCIE slot, so would be an issue. As long as the card isn't taxing PCIE slot (realistically best at 66W or less, but card can draw 75W per the spec), it should be fine.  Compare typical power usage of card to its power delivery. RX-480 reference uses ~165W, but only has 150W of inputs, by specifications (75 from 6 pin, 75 from slot).  Any 480 with 8 pin should be fine (150W + 75). I think 480 was meant to be 150W card, but they upped clocks to be competitive with 1060, right before launch, so 6 pin isn't really enough.
Activity: 94
Can someone post 9.1 results (hash rate and power draw if possible) for R9 380 stock and what drivers are best?

my sapphire r9 380 nitro 4Gb claymore 9.1 zcash miner 170 sol 1500 memory strap amd 16.11.4 hotfix driver

Thank you. Any idea of power usage?

180W
Jump to: