Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 407. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Guys,

is it normal that on HD 8990 1 core is 62 °C and the other is 71°C ?  or has this card an issue?

Any experience?

thanks for any information/advice.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
---------------RX 490 will be Announced and Launched on December 12th----------------

AMD are previewing ZEN.. Do you think they will announce RX490 as well? I believe it will be released early next year in the form of Vega.

RX 490 will probably be a dual Polaris - think "Duo Pro" but a pair of RX 480 instead of a pair of FuryX, and downclocked a bit from the RX480 due to heat dissipation limitations.

Announcement I expect on December *13* during their "New Horizons" event.

Vega is probably going to be RX 5xx series.

There have been a few "data" sightings around the web but no solid information on specs, just good solid speculation.

Activity: 711
Merit: 500
My Wife left me and fed the kids to the dogs because I installed claymores miner v8 ......v7 was fine but as soon as I installed v8 boom it all kicked off!!
I hope when V 9 is released a supermodel comes knocking on my door!
Hell, and I'm not energetic and cheerful as before. Claymore is guilty, it is likely the virus out of the miners and infected me through the hot air from the graphics card Cheesy.
Activity: 91
RX 490
4096 sp
4 MB L2
1250-1350 MHz GPU default clock

Just speculating =)
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
---------------RX 490 will be Announced and Launched on December 12th----------------

AMD are previewing ZEN.. Do you think they will announce RX490 as well? I believe it will be released early next year in the form of Vega.
Activity: 76
My Wife left me and fed the kids to the dogs because I installed claymores miner v8 ......v7 was fine but as soon as I installed v8 boom it all kicked off!!
I hope when V 9 is released a supermodel comes knocking on my door!
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
on rig was only claymore on fresh system, was no other miner, and besides that was happend a week after i start using miner
stop mining and stop using the internet.
You don't seem smart enough to handle both.
Activity: 93
My milk went bad sometime overnight. Claymore, your miner is at fault. Please reimburse me for my rotten milk.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit

Do you have some more info? Price?

They are holding tight on this.  Only Speculations.
Activity: 56

Do you have some more info? Price?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Activity: 789
Merit: 501
no sense of the miners of Claymore
whether the speed will be 30 or 300 H/s does not matter, because we are all with him
So, let the Windows AMD guys increase their hashrate in peace please Tongue
Activity: 50
no sense of the miners of Claymore
whether the speed will be 30 or 300 H/s does not matter, because we are all with him
Activity: 114
guys have some questions that bothers me...

just added in my rig today an HD 8990, to another 3x R9 390 gigabite 8 gb, with a Ewga supernova 1300w G2 PSU... The consuption is 1327w at wall...

Also have an Therma Take Though power 1200w PSU which is running at 1130w at wall....

where is the limit of the PSU consuption in long term? Any experience/advice?   

Just dont wanna burn them in short time...

next, where is the difference between the MSI afterburner setting and setting the settings in the crimson software? for me are the setting possibilities same, or i missing something?

pls teach me...

Many thanks for any advice and help....
just wanted to ask how are you measuring power usage in watts ?

normal elektriicty/ watt meter...
Activity: 30
If something happened with your system or hardware - it's Claymore! I saw messages that my miners destruct GPUs, PSUs, crash Windows etc. I won't be surprised when someone discovers that the milk always goes bad because of using my miners.
If you think that I write viruses instead of miners and you are the one who finally discovered it, it's a good idea to read OP or Readme:

- Windows 10 Defender recognizes miner as a virus, some antiviruses do the same. Miner is not a virus, add it to Defender exceptions.
  I write miners since 2014. Most of them are recognized as viruses by some paranoid antiviruses, perhaps because I pack my miners to protect them from disassembling, perhaps because some people include them into their botnets, or perhaps these antiviruses are not good, I don't know. For these years, a lot of people used my miners and nobody confirmed that my miner stole anything or did something bad.
  Note that I can guarantee clean binaries only for official links in my posts on this forum (bitcointalk). If you downloaded miner from some other link - it really can be a virus.
  However, my miners are closed-source so I cannot prove that they are not viruses. If you think that I write viruses instead of good miners - do not use this miner, or at least use it on systems without any valuable data.

don't mind the trolls! you are doing a very good job and 99% of people appreciate it! don't even read that 1% posts!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
I think Zec has reached its level now, at about the $50-$55 area. I cant really see it dropping to much in price now.

Main thing I can see affecting profitability going forwards I think will be the difficulty.

It has reached its level when they start margin trading.

Only 300-400 btc on buy side, this is going much much lower.

How low do you think?

First, it doesn't matter what I think. Market is all that matters.

Lower than xmr. Much lower. Don't blame me after your bad investments... there must be a speculation thread for zec, go there if you want some deeper analysis.

To be on topic,

200 + 15% would be 230, 300 + 10% would be 330, something to speculate with.

Activity: 28
Without Claymore and ZEC I probably should throw away or sell cheap my 50+ R9 280X cards.. so - respect. Smiley

If your planning on binning them I'll happily take them off your hands for free  Grin

I will let You know if I am ready to bin cards. Smiley
Until ZEC is still profitable for 280Xs it will not happen.

I think Zec has reached its level now, at about the $50-$55 area. I cant really see it dropping to much in price now.

Main thing I can see affecting profitability going forwards I think will be the difficulty.

Agreed, if it gets any lower than $50 I'll be going back to ETH or Monero

Can you still make any profit from the ZEC mining?
Activity: 41
Without Claymore and ZEC I probably should throw away or sell cheap my 50+ R9 280X cards.. so - respect. Smiley

If your planning on binning them I'll happily take them off your hands for free  Grin

I will let You know if I am ready to bin cards. Smiley
Until ZEC is still profitable for 280Xs it will not happen.

Agreed, if it gets any lower than $50 I'll be going back to ETH or Monero
Activity: 410
Merit: 250

How low do you think?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

Jump to: