Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 468. (Read 3839163 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1037
6.25 ---> 3.125
Though I'm ready to stop development if most of people think so. It's not a problem for me at all. Make a vote somewhere to see results.

Claymore, I believe I'm the one that sparkled idea of making DUAL miner (ETH+SIA), therefore I deserve at least DUAL vote:
And,... I FEEL NEED FOR SPEED!  Cool
Speed and higher achievements are fun, power bills and money are not. So, GO FOR IT!  Wink

Feel agree with you Sir  Wink....NEED FOR SPEED..... Grin

Absolutely!!!

#NeedForSpeed

Haha
Well said!
NEED FOR SPEED
Absolutely!!!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I've made some notes on hashrate and watt.

R390 eats 200W with 270 sols
R7970 eats 165W with 184 sols
R7950 eats 110W with 170 sols

Every card is undervolted.

Most efficient is 7950 1.54H/W.

R7950 eats 110W with 170 sols  <-- That is more efficient than the 400 series...
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
The harder your life is the more meaning it has.
I see some posts that V8 reached hardware limits and there is no way to improve speed anymore. It's not true.
I'm working on new version with another good speedup, though it takes more time and efforts.
looking forward to next one master you deserve all the fees and donations.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
I see some posts that V8 reached hardware limits and there is no way to improve speed anymore. It's not true.
I'm working on new version with another good speedup, though it takes more time and efforts.

GO FOR IT!!

YOU CAN DO IT!

I believe in you. You've always backed up your words with proof so far...
Activity: 93
I've made some notes on hashrate and watt.

R390 eats 200W with 270 sols
R7970 eats 165W with 184 sols
R7950 eats 110W with 170 sols

Every card is undervolted.

Most efficient is 7950 1.54H/W.
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
how many solve rx 460 does per second ?

I'm mining zcash with rx 460 4gb.. 82 H/s
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Hey Claymore - looking forward to your next version -- call it your TOP GUN Edition. You da man! Thanks!
Though I'm ready to stop development if most of people think so. It's not a problem for me at all. Make a vote somewhere to see results.

Claymore, I believe I'm the one that sparkled idea of making DUAL miner (ETH+SIA), therefore I deserve at least DUAL vote:
Speed and higher achievements are fun, power bills and money are not. So, GO FOR IT!  Wink

Absolutely!!!

#NeedForSpeed
Activity: 114
I can't believe it there are those who don't like the improvement. Do you think if claymore stop improving the software development the other devs (including devs who work for private farms, cloudmining services etc) will also stop their development?? Come on guys wake up!

+1
I can't believe it there are those who don't like the improvement. Do you think if claymore stop improving the software development the other devs (including devs who work for private farms, cloudmining services etc) will also stop their development?? Come on guys wake up!
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Make a vote somewhere to see results.

Everyone knows the outcome of the votes count, the ratio would be like 1000:1, so please, don't stop development.
Activity: 78
Merit: 0

Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I

Activity: 78
you should actually be thankful to claymore that you getting the same profit. If you factor in the price of ZEC that keeps dropping , difficulty that keeps rising. If it wasn't for claymore we would all be falling behind on zcash and than you would end up complaining that claymore hasn't release a new miner to keep up. If you unhappy with a newer miner than just don't use it, but dont post idiotic comments and spoil it for everyone else that appreciates all of claymores efforts in his development and are eagerly awaiting v9.

Try to answer yourself why diff is rising, I will not do this for you!

so you one of those people that think that a faster miner is the only reason that difficulty is rising . not the additional hardware purchased as well?
so my extra 2 x 6 card rigs dont contribute to the difficulty ? dont be naïve , everyone is in it to make some extra cash. just dont piss off the developer who is actually helping us keep up or move forward. typical that you wouldn't mention the price drop of 93% since zcash was released.

what r u thinking @mitache365 ? just had 2 question for u ? can you build this one ? or can you say it to the people don't mining in Z.
You've done a very great job Mr. Claymore!
Please don't stop. Keep improving!
I & I'm sure many others in the community also highly appreciate your great contributions to the crypto community!

Keep up the great work!!!
God bless you!!

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

And whats the point?? High temperatures, more electricity and same profit, cuz all are with the new miner. Your new versions are not helpful, do you know that? Also some cards have really bad speed Smiley
The point is that you might be stupid or you own private nVIDIA big mine or you are Linux miner so you are afraid that you will lose a portion of the profits from stronger Claymore Windows miner.I have not forgotten that there is a private nVIDIA miner from the start. Written by DJM insensitive and sold to the owner of a large mine. Do you know that Nicehash miner with nVIDIA 1070 has 230 Sols / s?Perhaps the DJM perfected more speed for his private buyer?It's not all that simple, nor black - white, sir.
Activity: 98

And whats the point?? High temperatures, more electricity and same profit, cuz all are with the new miner. Your new versions are not helpful, do you know that? Also some cards have really bad speed Smiley

That is totally wrong Smiley

Wrong because?? My cards were at 60C, now are at 75C. The profit is same! Tell us your point!

@ioginx Your bad math cant make me a troll Wink

Time to maintain your cards, and that means blow clean them from the dust that they have sucked in from 24h mining. You will see them back at 65C. If you do your math right you will also factor in the ZEC exchange rate.
Activity: 41

And whats the point?? High temperatures, more electricity and same profit, cuz all are with the new miner. Your new versions are not helpful, do you know that?

My miner does not support Linux, Nvidia, CPUs. They will not get any speedups from my miner.
PLEASE sir, dont stop development!
Activity: 114

That is totally wrong Smiley

Wrong because?? My cards were at 60C, now are at 75C. The profit is same! Tell us your point!

@ioginx Your bad math cant make me a troll Wink

no offence but what version of Claymore miner are you using? v8? Why? Basicly you are going against yourself and your statements....

every1 wants a higher profit, but for me, im glad that the profit is at least stable more or less....  

@claymore - V8 works rock stable for me more than 70 hours great work.... if you are able to develop next version, just do it, most of the ppl are glad for your work and pay the fee... GL

Activity: 4
1. compute unit in CGN 1.3(RX 480) is more efficient the same in CGN 1.1 (R9 390) on 15% mostly because of the prefetch and cashing.
2. RX 480 has direct acces to ISA, but you should write you code on lower levels to take advantage from that
3. in games RX 480 is able to compensate brute force of the CGN1.1 by optimizations in geometry units like excluding the poligons of the zero sizes, because of the new index cash end etc.

So the question is can we get same +15% in math tasks if we use high level languages? I thinks its hard to achive if its possible at all. Cahes and prefecth are not able to give big advantage, and maybe only low level direct access can give something, but then you have to write special version just for RX470/480 cards.

But again, RX480 are very good from power point of view. I can take 190-195H/s with 0.95-0.975V voltages if i dont care about power costs, and 180H/s with 0.92V!,temps below 60C if I need power efficiency. Also you can use cheaper PSU for the rigs with RX480.

And again, I wouldn expect that RX480 will perfom close to 390X, till someone will start to develop special miner for RX480
Jump to: