Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 525. (Read 3839163 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Hello all
Can any one tell us 290x clock and memory settings to get best zec hash rate
Also I want to know 280x setting

SAP R9 290X TRI-X 8GB (1040/1400/-31mV) - 210.807 H/s (can perform better)

MSI R9 390X GAMING 8GB (1100/1500/-31mV) - 240.956 H/s
SAP R9 390X NITRO OC 8GB (1100/1500/-31mV) - 240.293 H/s
SAP R9 390 NITRO OC 8GB (1100/1500/-31mV) - 227.941 H/s

min.925 - max.1120W

stock bioses and Auto fans with custom curve via MSI Aferburner 4.3.0

H97 Anvrs, G1840, 8GB RAM, 80GB HDD, 16GB swap, Win7-64, crimson 15.12, Claymore's ZCash AMD GPU Miner v7.0

For stock hawaii DPM4 normally works, add -100mV + mem 1125/ 1250 and you will see some nice power savings. Performance hit is normally 10-15% but that is not a problem with these profitability levels.
legendary
Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006
I know this had been discussed a lot, but can someone clarify to me one more time why my rigs hashrate is less on coinmine.pl then the real hashrate miner shows ?
Mostly it is the "ping" towards pool's server that causes this.
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
I know this had been discussed a lot, but can someone clarify to me one more time why my rigs hashrate is less on coinmine.pl then the real hashrate miner shows ?

because pool determines your speed by shares submitted and pools always fluctuate so 1 sec u might be way higher than u have next lower but usually it avg the same
Thanks now I kinda got it...
What will be the avg speed of RX480 8G ?

My sapphire Nitro OC + 8GB get around 176s/s stock bios, no OC on performance mode.

My MSI Gaming X's (again, stock bios no oc) gets around 162s/s.
My bad is that I modded most of my cards for ETH low power mining with avg 29.4mh/s. There are 266 RX480 8Gs to remod for ZCash from that low pow mod, only few are left on their stock bios and those are the ones with the highest hashrate at the moment. I don't know when I'll have to get back to ETH.
Just go flip all the switches to the other bios....
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
There is no profit without work Grin
I'll just sit back and wait couple days what will happen, then decide what to do

In the meantime you'll be losing some money because at this moment, for 4xx cards, ETH is 15%~20% more profitable than ZEC
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Hello all

SAP R9 290X TRI-X 8GB (1040/1400/-31mV) - 210.807 H/s (can perform better)

MSI R9 390X GAMING 8GB (1100/1500/-31mV) - 240.956 H/s
SAP R9 390X NITRO OC 8GB (1100/1500/-31mV) - 240.293 H/s
SAP R9 390 NITRO OC 8GB (1100/1500/-31mV) - 227.941 H/s

min.925 - max.1120W

stock bioses and Auto fans with custom curve via MSI Aferburner 4.3.0

H97 Anvrs, G1840, 8GB RAM, 80GB HDD, 16GB swap, Win7-64, crimson 15.12, Claymore's ZCash AMD GPU Miner v7.0
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
I'll just sit back and wait couple days what will happen, then decide what to do
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
legendary
≡v≡

because pool determines your speed by shares submitted and pools always fluctuate so 1 sec u might be way higher than u have next lower but usually it avg the same

My sapphire Nitro OC + 8GB get around 176s/s stock bios, no OC on performance mode.

My bad is that I modded most of my cards for ETH low power mining with avg 29.4mh/s. There are 266 RX480 8Gs to remod for ZCash from that low pow mod, only few are left on their stock bios and those are the ones with the highest hashrate at the moment. I don't know when I'll have to get back to ETH.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Hello all
Activity: 307
Think of the local hash-rate displayed by your miner in the same way as you would your optimistic MPG readout on your car. Say you have 1 gallon of gas left in your tank, your car's readout is showing you are getting 30 MPG and the nearest gas-station is only 25 miles away. According to the local readout your should be fine as you only need to go 25 miles not 30. However, the car's computer does not see the big hill you have to climb in order to get to the gas station, and that hill will temporarily drop your average down to 15 MPG, meaning you will only be able to drive 22 miles before running out of gas.

So if you turn your mind-set around a little and view the pool as the real hash-rate, and what your miner displays more like that car readout, you will be more likely to have better results as the pool takes into account real world factors such as stales, latency, bad (or good) luck, pool maintenance, etc.
THX for this very good explanation. Too bad that very few people will read it.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100

legendary
≡v≡

Think of the local hash-rate displayed by your miner in the same way as you would your optimistic MPG readout on your car. Say you have 1 gallon of gas left in your tank, your car's readout is showing you are getting 30 MPG and the nearest gas-station is only 25 miles away. According to the local readout your should be fine as you only need to go 25 miles not 30. However, the car's computer does not see the big hill you have to climb in order to get to the gas station, and that hill will temporarily drop your average down to 15 MPG, meaning you will only be able to drive 22 miles before running out of gas.

So if you turn your mind-set around a little and view the pool as the real hash-rate, and what your miner displays more like that car readout, you will be more likely to have better results as the pool takes into account real world factors such as stales, latency, bad (or good) luck, pool maintenance, etc.
now it makes more sense, thank you!

175-180 H/s
RX480 8G reference card gives about 160-165 with no bios mod
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

legendary
Activity: 1560
Merit: 1001
Epic Private Internet Cash

175-180 H/s
legendary
≡v≡

Activity: 114
Merit: 10
many thanks for all your advices..

i clocked down the core to 1436 Mhz (+9,5%) - Eth was stable with +11% but nwm, let try it.... Zcash is another story Smiley

and i settet up the 16GB virtual memmory, i could swear that it was set up before, but it wasnt (my fault) - based on your advices i checked it and was surprised...

Now i will just w8 what happens if the miner or the whole rig restarts or not... Will inform after some time of testing....

Thanks 1more time for your help....
Activity: 479

Activity: 479
if your pc is rebooting thats a psu issue or the driver is crashing and bsoding win so either u need a better psu or downclock card or up volts to make oc stable
legendary
≡v≡
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
GPU clock:   +10% = 1144 Mhz
Power limit: +10%
Memory clock: 1650 Mhz

I would like to ask what is my problem. The rig gets restarted in about 12-16 hours. I see that GPU2 is hashing 0 but i use the same settings on another rig with 390s and there is no such a problem.
i would back down the clock to 1100 and see what happens.

tried my two 390s @ 1140 (stock is 1040) and after 6+ hours the rig would reboot.
Jump to: