Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 528. (Read 3839163 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Nice to see that improvement in hashrate, but I think it won't change that ZCash is doomed compared to Ethereum.

actually increasing the hash will not give you anything, because everyone will have his hash increased, only nvidia is screwed on zcash at the moment because of no optimization
Activity: 67
Merit: 0
i would love to see some developing towards vulcan api instead of only openGL . it would be very interesting . maybe it has some potential .
i am just starting to learn code writing so i have next to 0 skills .
It's not OpenGL, it's OpenCL. Nothin' to do with Vulkan here, it's not a 3D shooter. Smiley
im just asking stupid things because im new to all of this . as i said i have next to 0 skills . Smiley
anyways thx for clearing it .
Activity: 7
i would love to see some developing towards vulcan api instead of only openGL . it would be very interesting . maybe it has some potential .
It's not OpenGL, it's OpenCL. Nothin' to do with Vulkan here, it's not a 3D shooter. Smiley
Activity: 244
Merit: 250
Nice to see that improvement in hashrate, but I think it won't change that ZCash is doomed compared to Ethereum.
Activity: 565
Merit: 500
For those looking for solid pools the only ones I like are

Flypool flypool.org - Big pool with nice stats from the Etherminer guys
Zogpool zogpool.org  - Small pool from one of the Zogminer open source miner developers (add -allpools 1 to config to get this one working with Claymore)
Activity: 24
perhaps ZEC is dead ?
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
ZEC profitability again below ETH
Activity: 51
Anyone exp this.  Miner will show tons of shares being submitted but nothing accepted.  This happen to me on flypool so I switch to coinmine. But now I'm thinking maybe is glitch. If I teamview in and press s for statistics after showing the stats it will only show a few shares being accepted but many being submitted.  I've only seen this on my msi gaming 5 'mobo with 6x480 with powered USB risers.

BR
d57heinz
yes and I posted few pages ago: Provider/Network quality(upload) made that to half my rigs ( same rigs at two places, one working like that, other perfect ). And I did other test: turn of half rigs and other half now has accepted shares

Interesting.  That would make sense as I'm on sat net at home. And that is the rig effected.  Hmmm. Never has been an issue for me in the past. Got some troubleshooting to do I guess

Thanks
BR

Test 2: switch to eth and everything is fine. Like less traffic.
i responded to a post further back about a fault using v7 that caused internet to crash,strange as miner keeps working after reporting error but I can not reach outside websites after it happens I rebooted rigs to solve problem but I get the warning still regularly in v7 software,as I am not alone with this issue Claymore will be looking into it as he reads the thread so watch out for a fix soon.

I had the same probs the evening after i just upgraded to v.7.0 the internet was falling out after 10 min., then also the gpu was doing strange after a while getting 0 h/s. After a while looking to fixt this i came out with one bad riser, a bad stock internet cable ( after i had a new cable the internet issue was gone), and my virtual memory that was back on stock setting after my new windows so i fixed all these things and now v7.0 is running with 50 watts less and 5% more hash speeds than v6.0 for the rx 480 4gbs. Running for 30 hours stable with each 2 houres payout on flypool 0.01zec so this all worked for me maybe it helps to somebody else to.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
I'm getting 168 - 175 on each of my rx480 8 gig.
I had to revert back to stock bios on my hd7950 due to incorrect data errors, smooth as butter with a 160-165 average. I havent noticed rejected shares being higher than before.
Activity: 3
Activity: 430
Merit: 254
ps 1350w means nothing... you need tell brand  of psu ...
pls look this link.its my PSU
http://www.green-case.com/products/power/power.php?model=GP1350B-OC_Plus

Seems the platform for that unit is CWT-PUO1350V. jonnyguru did a review for that unit here. There were a few questionable things...mainly the power cord it came with (which is only an issue in a 115V system)...but overall nothing too bad. I think your main problem was having unpowered risers. A good rule of thumb is to run PCI-E power through the motherboard for no more than two cards...but the fewer the better. This includes cards plugged directly into the board and any on unpowered risers, but it's a good idea to only use powered risers. Anything more than 2 cards should definitely be on powered risers only. Use Molex rather than SATA for your powered risers, and don't power more than 2 risers on one Molex chain. Good luck with your RMAs.
Activity: 347
Merit: 255
Anyone exp this.  Miner will show tons of shares being submitted but nothing accepted.  This happen to me on flypool so I switch to coinmine. But now I'm thinking maybe is glitch. If I teamview in and press s for statistics after showing the stats it will only show a few shares being accepted but many being submitted.  I've only seen this on my msi gaming 5 'mobo with 6x480 with powered USB risers.

BR
d57heinz
yes and I posted few pages ago: Provider/Network quality(upload) made that to half my rigs ( same rigs at two places, one working like that, other perfect ). And I did other test: turn of half rigs and other half now has accepted shares

Interesting.  That would make sense as I'm on sat net at home. And that is the rig effected.  Hmmm. Never has been an issue for me in the past. Got some troubleshooting to do I guess

Thanks
BR

Test 2: switch to eth and everything is fine. Like less traffic.
i responded to a post further back about a fault using v7 that caused internet to crash,strange as miner keeps working after reporting error but I can not reach outside websites after it happens I rebooted rigs to solve problem but I get the warning still regularly in v7 software,as I am not alone with this issue Claymore will be looking into it as he reads the thread so watch out for a fix soon,I should add I have 80 Mb fiber connection
copper member
Activity: 416
Merit: 105
rx 480 8 gb powercolor red devil

on stock setting nope?
must be modded yeah?
look at rejects veersus up time and total shares

Yeah now i see 19 Rejects in 16sec
Thanks
This is stock bios.... reject show up when dev fee

wtf... I'm only getting 140h/s on those GPUs...
This is claymore V10.0 Grin Shocked Grin
Activity: 347
Merit: 255
Can anyone tell me what this error is?

ZEC: Received error: {"id":4,"error":{"code":-32700,"message":"Cannotfindjob"}}
looks like there was an error receiving work from pool
Activity: 9
It goes even better lol

V7 is not stable..

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/161120/8j2dulsa.png

that means we have chance of getting even 1000 hash/sec
Activity: 67
any chance you will begin to work on nvidia and cuda? amd is reaching is limit already i don't think it's possible to do high improvement anymore
on the other hand a 1070 is stuggling to have 125 sol and it should be 160 at the very least, and i think it might be higher, up to 180...

I still can improve speed, though it requires more and more efforts and time. It seems about 300H/s on stock 390X is possible. So it's not over for AMD yet and therefore I don't have time for NVidia.
What about RX series? Can we see speed neer 390? Or we only have to content energy effiency? However great work man.
From Ruusia with love)
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
any chance you will begin to work on nvidia and cuda? amd is reaching is limit already i don't think it's possible to do high improvement anymore
on the other hand a 1070 is stuggling to have 125 sol and it should be 160 at the very least, and i think it might be higher, up to 180...

I still can improve speed, though it requires more and more efforts and time. It seems about 300H/s on stock 390X is possible. So it's not over for AMD yet and therefore I don't have time for NVidia.
What about RX series? Can we see speed neer 390? Or we only have to content energy effiency? However great work man.
From Ruusia with love)
Activity: 23
Running any version of Claymore is crashing with 3+ rx 480 cards. Anyone else having this issue?
what is your problem?
I have 4 RX  480 8Gb 2 of them are sophier and another's are XFX.
Activity: 138
HuhHuhHuh?? Huh

hxxp://goo.gl/zJ1ZlH

Check, Please!

goo.gl...
1 post.............

LOL, 0.01 satoshibox for "Claymore 8.0 beta"
Activity: 138
It goes even better lol

V7 is not stable..