Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 527. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
hello!
you who used the pool?
  mining with a 1 gpu ..
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I think it has not much to do with hashing power but with coin trading. Let suppose you build a nonster rig and you use Claymore miner, you will get some great profits for some days, but as the ZCL and Zcash price drops, you will be switching to eth/etc sooner or later, moreover if we take into account the dual mining option.

I think the market will give is the chance to switch between currencies, I mean: as the eth difficulty rises you will get fewer coins for the same work, and in the meantime the zec/zcl difficulty wil fall some points. People will drop eth and to move to zec, and on, and on, and on, until both currencies's difficulty is so high that you wil have to upgrade your card.

But in all those sceneries the price will play an stellar roll. It's my opinion.

Cheers.

Fair enough. You have to remember that Nvidia miners also want their piece of the ZEC pie (and they will get it even if its more expensive to do so).
ZEC difficulty will climb drastically in the upcoming days.
Is ZEC more profitable than ETH?

not anymore, it's way lower, assuming a rig of 1000(6 x 480)sol versus the same rig that do 180MH it's 0.002 worst, conusmption is also higher i guess or on par

What bios/settings r u using to get 180MH from your rig? I have low power bios and have 170mh, on this 180mh was unstable. Is all fine on your rig?

The question you should be asking is, what is his hash per watt. You can crank up the speed but you exponentially use more power.

For the most part, no.
Activity: 26
Nice to see that improvement in hashrate, but I think it won't change that ZCash is doomed compared to Ethereum.

actually increasing the hash will not give you anything, because everyone will have his hash increased, only nvidia is screwed on zcash at the moment because of no optimization

Just wait until Nvidia optimizations happen (in the pipeline for Optiminer shortly), ZEC will get pummeled.

I think it has not much to do with hashing power but with coin trading. Let suppose you build a nonster rig and you use Claymore miner, you will get some great profits for some days, but as the ZCL and Zcash price drops, you will be switching to eth/etc sooner or later, moreover if we take into account the dual mining option.

I think the market will give is the chance to switch between currencies, I mean: as the eth difficulty rises you will get fewer coins for the same work, and in the meantime the zec/zcl difficulty wil fall some points. People will drop eth and to move to zec, and on, and on, and on, until both currencies's difficulty is so high that you wil have to upgrade your card.

But in all those sceneries the price will play an stellar roll. It's my opinion.

Cheers.

I think people will keep mining even if they get 0 Profit at the moment.
Maybe they believe Zcash will do the same as Bitcoin in a few years..
Mine a few hundred/thousand coins depending on your rig and maybe get rich in 2022 Cheesy

And I hope Amd's new vega gpu in early 2017 will make it profitable for non-chinese-mining farms-non-paying for electricity-people again

Upgrading whole farm is quite an investment
Upgrading 6 card rig at home is affordable
Activity: 160
Merit: 100

You can use calculators like cryptocompare (dot) com to see the actual difference between mining ETH, ETC and ZEC. But don't forget that ZEC mining uses less electricity (at the moment).

And don't forget that despite of the ZEC price is going down, the block reward (mining reward) is increasing till the end of November. And also the miner software's performance is enchancing day by day. Thanks to Claymore : )
Activity: 58
Merit: 1
Nice to see that improvement in hashrate, but I think it won't change that ZCash is doomed compared to Ethereum.

actually increasing the hash will not give you anything, because everyone will have his hash increased, only nvidia is screwed on zcash at the moment because of no optimization

Just wait until Nvidia optimizations happen (in the pipeline for Optiminer shortly), ZEC will get pummeled.

Cheers.
Activity: 160

You can use calculators like cryptocompare (dot) com to see the actual difference between mining ETH, ETC and ZEC. But don't forget that ZEC mining uses less electricity (at the moment).
Activity: 5

not anymore, it's way lower, assuming a rig of 1000(6 x 480)sol versus the same rig that do 180MH it's 0.002 worst, conusmption is also higher i guess or on par

What bios/settings r u using to get 180MH from your rig? I have low power bios and have 170mh, on this 180mh was unstable. Is all fine on your rig?
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
you need to figure out yourself - it depends on the cards(for older cards the gap is narrower), but for Rx400 ETH/ETC is currently about 20% more profitable than ZEC
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

Activity: 211

Claymore tell me honestly! You got a miner was from the Begin on ZEC, you are right now, gradually spread the new version, even though they have long have you!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Activity: 5
[Suspicious link removed]
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
http://wccftech.com/amd-vega-10-4096-gcn/  FPGA feature on GPU, nice movement
hope this gpu will kill all those old gpu, make zec mining profitable again

How? everyone will just start buying these new cards...
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
http://wccftech.com/amd-vega-10-4096-gcn/  FPGA feature on GPU, nice movement
hope this gpu will kill all those old gpu, make zec mining profitable again
Activity: 273
Had trouble with V7 crashing on start, fresh windows install fixed it (10)
Results
280x       169
280x       180
280x       182
290        192
fury (no x) 239

All stock bios no OC

Whats the power consumption of 280x on stock using v7?

Activity: 714
Merit: 529
How can mining Eth be good if this isn't?

I get 15MH/s Eth mining, 170H/s ZEC.
With ETH my GPU load is 99%, with ZEC it's 50-60%. So let's say 300w ETH, 200-250W ZEC. I get $0.8-0.9 mining ZEC, $0.2 mining ETH.

Sure, I'm not mining either atm, I'm mining a coin with low market cap but low diff (I earn about $2 á day)

EDIT: And sure, the price is dropping. But if you sell ZEC and then buy ETH with the profits, you'll get more by mining ZEC right now.
legendary
Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004
back to mining eth i think
Jump to: