Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 538. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 250
Read page 1.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
still cant connect to flypool, pc hang with i 0 - 4
no problem on nanopool
any help ?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
I use Windows 10 and i see no GPU temps in Claymore Miner, i have installed the latest AMD APP SDK and downloaded the latest AMD ADL SDK, but where i must copy the AMD ADL files? to show the GPU temps in Claymores Miner  Huh

i have search here in the forum but nothing found!

Hi ByteKingz! i have the same problem. i mine with 2 RX 480 8GB. on Windows 10 with latest drivers and SDK installed. tried everything, but with no good chance to monitor temperature. All other programs show only fan speed and can't overclock it (GPUZ, MSI Afterburner). I think the problem because of headless mining. I have no monitor plugged on GPUs, only connected to internal motherboard VGA. I don't have HDMI or DVI-D monitor yet.

Thats easy just set the mobo to auto or use pcie graphics

reboot

You will have full control gpus now, but the window will be a small 640x480 window with no monitor attached.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I use Windows 10 and i see no GPU temps in Claymore Miner, i have installed the latest AMD APP SDK and downloaded the latest AMD ADL SDK, but where i must copy the AMD ADL files? to show the GPU temps in Claymores Miner  Huh

Hi ByteKingz! i have the same problem. i mine with 2 RX 480 8GB. on Windows 10 with latest drivers and SDK installed. tried everything, but with no good chance to monitor temperature. All other programs show only fan speed and can't overclock it (GPUZ, MSI Afterburner). I think the problem because of headless mining. I have no monitor plugged on GPUs, only connected to internal motherboard VGA. I don't have HDMI or DVI-D monitor yet.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
latest amd drivers, or almost.  this test was done on 16.11.3 hotfix
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
Please let me know how do you get 175 on 470... how do you modiffy your bios. What parametres use in MSI AFTERBURNER?
check out cryptominingtalk.com, its all in there!  Seriously I made it for those kind of questions.  Easy to modify your bios if you have hynix or samsung memory (check in gpu-z) with polaris bios editor and atiwinflash.  step by step guide is there.  MSI Afterburner is good, basically drop voltage down to -75mv to -96mv, or whatever gets you close to 0.95v to start.  Core and memory is pretty much stock, a bit overclocked, 1250/1750.  (armor 4g 470).  thats it Smiley  My other 470s/480s are anywhere from 160 to 175 though, I can't explain the variations though.
Which drivers?
Activity: 60
finally got rig back up and running i believe my motherboard doesnt like multiple cards on it. it takes quite a few reboots before it will see all 4 cards then when it does half the time it will lockup. v7 was bout a 35-40% increase for me 280x=160-180 each, 380=110-120 each total speed 570H/s

edit: v7 is super unstable for me...since original post and edit (less than 3 minutes) gpu1 hangs in opencl call, exit. also crashed windows had to force shutdown
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
i'm waiting the new FIJI , lol VEGA gpus next year, when ZEC pumping
legendary
Activity: 1596
i want back to time when claymore didnt release optimized old card, this is ruined zec mining, all those new card stuck like hell
except the nano's hash rate is pretty amazing with low power cunsumption 205 h/s / 80 watt
RX series 90 watt at 0.9v core doing 160hs

He didnt optimize old GPUs, the old GPUs were better for GPU compute than the RX series.

For many algos the Tahiti is KING due to its architecture design.

Tahiti => Mercedes V12
RX Polaris => Toyota Prius
tahiti vs polaris = 140 watt vs 90 watt and polaris better hashrate,
true KING is FIJI
lol i sold the MALTA

Yeah, Fiji > Hawaii > Tahiti in terms of raw power.
was mining v6 last night and today and computer restarted. 2 powercolor 280x, 1 msi 4gb 380, 1 xfx 2gb 380. after restart i started miner, display driver crashed. undervolted cards to their stable setting from last night started miner same thing display driver crash. restarted computer checked settings for all cards started miner and mining started for about 2 minutes then display driver crashed. something about opencl starting amd HSA? anyone have any suggestions? 16.11.3 or whatever the hotfix driver version is. will post log file shortly

if its unstable try the -i 2 setting.

I noticed my 290s were unstable on -i 4 setting and watchdog was restarting the miner a lot that eventually leads to a system crash.  After changing to -i 2 the miner is stable and is no longer restarting.  You can check the restarts by the amount of log files in the miner folder on your pc, the miner will create a new log file each time it starts or restarts.

In your case I would put everything to stock voltage and then work the voltage down from there.  As well using the -i 2 setting to get it working, if that fails probably driver problem.
legendary
i want back to time when claymore didnt release optimized old card, this is ruined zec mining, all those new card stuck like hell
except the nano's hash rate is pretty amazing with low power cunsumption 205 h/s / 80 watt

He didnt optimize old GPUs, the old GPUs were better for GPU compute than the RX series.

Tahiti => Mercedes V12
tahiti vs polaris = 140 watt vs 90 watt and polaris better hashrate,
true KING is FIJI
lol i sold the MALTA
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
470 8G 166 sol/s.
295x2 450 sol/s.
Activity: 60
was mining v6 last night and today and computer restarted. 2 powercolor 280x, 1 msi 4gb 380, 1 xfx 2gb 380. after restart i started miner, display driver crashed. undervolted cards to their stable setting from last night started miner same thing display driver crash. restarted computer checked settings for all cards started miner and mining started for about 2 minutes then display driver crashed. something about opencl starting amd HSA? anyone have any suggestions? 16.11.3 or whatever the hotfix driver version is. will post log file shortly
rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Mining with one rx480 doing 170 at the rig but oscillating between 100 and 180 at the mine with a 140 average. With version 6 was oscillating 10% from 150. I might go back to v6 until this is fixed.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Tahiti => Mercedes V12
legendary
Activity: 141
ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL
      v.6 h/s        v.7 h/s
470    132         140
380      85         108 latest driver    118 h/s recommended driver
290    135         185
7950     91        118 latest driver    153 h/s recommended driver

no power change in 470s, 380s, or 7950. did not check 290.

Activity: 138
So, how much is 470/ 480 doing on 7.0? ZEC solo mining?

Anyone?

No public proxy is out, but 170-175s/s on the 480 Nitro 8GB stock clocks.
-i 4

is VERY unstable on the 7950 checked my log after a lock up and the miner restarted the gpu about 10 times!

Trying -i 2 should be stable hopefully.
Jump to: