Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 540. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
In Version 7 i have from time to time the error:

ZEC: Stratum - socket send failed 10053, disconnect

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
while i appreciate the constant speed increases. am i the only one who thinks we are being dripfed these as the diff goes up and the price drops. these speed increases are only keeping our mining income roughly the same. why is it that we can't get the full speed right off and actually make some money from this rather than the same old story of the big money men make the most.

Completely optimizing the code to best work with a new algorithm takes time. Has nothing to do with price of the currency compared to the miner's new version release dates.

I believe we're getting pretty close to the limit on Sol/s.

you are very wrong

Well fkin speak up dude O.o, sure there's a great possibility Claymore has been holding out so he can make some big bucks on the side but unless you have evidence of this then you're just spitting conspiracy theories.

Not only Claymore programmer. Do not forget Pascal much more powerful GPU. Do you think that for him there is not a secret private powerful miner?

Its not about who is a better programmer. You might have missed this awesome thread from nerdralph talking about limits: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/limits-of-zec-mining-1679855
Activity: 416
Merit: 250
@kisk
What Frequencies are u using?
Activity: 126
Rosewill Quark 1200w 80+ Platinum
2x Asus ----- RX 480 4gb  (0,1)
2x Gigabyte RX 480 8gb  (2,3)

All stock clocks
-i 4

v5:
Total Speed: 504.138 H/s --- GPU0 120.002 H/s, GPU1 118.917 H/s, GPU2 132.939 H/s, GPU3 132.279 H/s
Power: 675w @ Wall --- 0.7469 sols per watt
Price: USD: ~$117.26 @ EOD 11/13

v6:
Total Speed: 579.036 H/s --- GPU0 139.112 H/s, GPU1 139.372 H/s, GPU2 149.891 H/s, GPU3 150.670 H/s
Power: 692w @ Wall --- 0.8368 sols per watt
Price: USD: ~$109.34 @ EOD 11/15

v7:
Total Speed: 654.334 H/s --- GPU0 158.062 H/s, GPU1 157.204 H/s, GPU2 169.050 H/s, GPU3 170.018 H/s
Power: 695w @ Wall --- 0.9415 sols per watt
Price: USD: ~$71.07 @ EOD 11/18

Fighting an uphill battle here.......

Activity: 308
These updates are amazing
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
As the age old saying goes "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" Wink
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
while i appreciate the constant speed increases. am i the only one who thinks we are being dripfed these as the diff goes up and the price drops. these speed increases are only keeping our mining income roughly the same. why is it that we can't get the full speed right off and actually make some money from this rather than the same old story of the big money men make the most.

Completely optimizing the code to best work with a new algorithm takes time. Has nothing to do with price of the currency compared to the miner's new version release dates.

you are very wrong

Well fkin speak up dude O.o, sure there's a great possibility Claymore has been holding out so he can make some big bucks on the side but unless you have evidence of this then you're just spitting conspiracy theories.

Not only Claymore programmer. Do not forget Pascal much more powerful GPU. Do you think that for him there is not a secret private powerful miner?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
my two rx 470 were mining same speed with v6, now on v7 it's one at 162 and the other at 152 (almost not improved)...

I think the main difference with the RX between v6 and v7 is power consumption.

Adaseb, now is the time to sell those tahiti's. Sell them like 150 sol miners and I am sure there are plenty of buyers.

Looks like giant dinosaur hawaii is back. For a moment at least.
Activity: 142
my two rx 470 were mining same speed with v6, now on v7 it's one at 162 and the other at 152 (almost not improved)...

Check ASIC quality of the cards, and adjust the power according to the card, a higher ASIC quality of a card will require less power to produce the same speed etc.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I've noticed the same kind of thing happening with my 280x cards, though one of them might just need a good cleaning and a can of compressed air since it does get hotter than the other.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Activity: 190
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
xfx RX480 8G 150s/ max, there's an ETH bios mod for low power. Gigabyte RX480 8G 152-155s/ no mod. Asus RX480 8G 150s/ no mod. xfx non reference RX480 8G 160-165s/ with ETH bios mod for low power. Sappire nitro RX480 8G 155s/ with low power mod. These are the hashrates I got after updating my rigs, considering that the farm is quite long way to drive I'm not risking to play with bios, but if there are any chances to increase these hashrates significantly with custom mods I'd be glad to have them.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Almost no change on Rx 470 elpida 4gb, only 137 h/s and v6 was 130 h/s

But the older 7950 and 290 cards got a nice improvement.

7950 137 h/s

290 180 h/s
legendary
Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002

you are very wrong

.. anyway ..

Getting 158 Sol/s on stock Asus RX 480 4gb
Getting 168 Sol/s on stock Gigabyte RX 480 8gb

Thanks for another release, Claymore!

If you are happy, this is great, but do not take us for asshole to the others

"This miner is free-to-use, however, current developer fee is 2.5%, every hour the miner mines for 90 seconds for developer.
If you don't agree with the dev fee - don't use this miner, or use "-nofee" option.
Attempts to cheat and remove dev fee will cause a bit slower mining speed (same as "-nofee 1") though miner will show same hashrate."

So I guess restarting the miner a lot is considered cheating ?

I am not saying that it does not charge fee, I just say that we stop fooling with the hasrate, because since you are very clever porq do not tell me how many graphics you need to have 76,934,839 sol / s

If my calculations are correct that would have to be something close to 427,415 x 280x GPU units for that amount of hashrate especially for one user..... something seems quite off here, probably a private miner going around under the table.

And you think that someone can have that .... because I do not
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
175 H/s on stock Sappfire RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB
166 H/s on stock Asus R9 280 X DirectCUII Top

Ha I have the same 280x, mines the same.
Funny how my other ETH-shitty elpida 280x is now doing more than the asus - 175h/s
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000
https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C
The ignore button is quite a useful feature  Roll Eyes
Activity: 413

you are very wrong

.. anyway ..

"This miner is free-to-use, however, current developer fee is 2.5%, every hour the miner mines for 90 seconds for developer.
If you don't agree with the dev fee - don't use this miner, or use "-nofee" option.
Attempts to cheat and remove dev fee will cause a bit slower mining speed (same as "-nofee 1") though miner will show same hashrate."

I am not saying that it does not charge fee, I just say that we stop fooling with the hasrate, because since you are very clever porq do not tell me how many graphics you need to have 76,934,839 sol / s

If my calculations are correct that would have to be something close to 427,415 x 280x GPU units for that amount of hashrate especially for one user..... something seems quite off here, probably a private miner going around under the table.
legendary
Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002

you are very wrong

.. anyway ..

Activity: 307
175 H/s on stock Sappfire RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB
166 H/s on stock Asus R9 280 X DirectCUII Top
Jump to: