Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 642. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 250
It takes a lot to build but not much to lose
I dont understand why my amd 480 nitro+ 4gb , with intel i5 3570k , have only 65 h/s on windows 10 x64 .

I read 75 - 80 h/s in some post of this thread .

Anyone help me pls ? .
are you using -i option ?
or modded roms ?

No dont use -i , no have benefit , with -1 or -2 , the best h/s is with -i 0 ( default ) .

Bios is stock .

In wattman what are the settings ? .
dam you are right i0 is faster than i2 for my rx470 too

What processor, mobo and Card and GPU bios clocks etc Thank you
Guys, we are all getting better results, right?

But let's keep this in mind, shall we?

Difficulty is climbing, climbing, climbing....

ETH and ZEC profitability for RX** is pretty much same now.  For R9 series its still ZEC > ETH
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
I dont understand why my amd 480 nitro+ 4gb , with intel i5 3570k , have only 65 h/s on windows 10 x64 .

Anyone help me pls ? .
or modded roms ?

No dont use -i , no have benefit , with -1 or -2 , the best h/s is with -i 0 ( default ) .

Bios is stock .

dam you are right i0 is faster than i2 for my rx470 too
legendary
Activity: 1564
Merit: 1027
Guys, we are all getting better results, right?

But let's keep this in mind, shall we?

Difficulty is climbing, climbing, climbing....
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I agree I have no problem paying claymore the dev fee that's his pay for providing some of the best most stable mining programs out I own a flooring company and I no how it feels for ppl to think I can work for free or want to beat me down on pricing it's bullshit u don't want to pay the fee use a different miner

Completely agree.  Claymore, you should remove option in future versions to disable your dev fee.  Your miner is beating the shit out of every other public miner, and you should get your 2.5%.  If those greedy assholes don't like, they can continue to run v4.0 and disable the fee.

Agree with that here to !!!
He deserve to be paid for his skills!

your point I offered to pay to stop it or offer it as a option one time fee but some one on this post starting calling me names etc but i was heard to some extent . and his miners doesn't out proform them all in windows it does but not in Linux you should read the silent army post more .
Running great on all my rigs. Fantastic work!

Multiple rigs with same results as above. 7x 390x @ 1100/1500 for those wondering.

Which processor are you using? My G3258 on H81 BTC pro sucks -10Sol/s less than my i5-6600K

You can OC your G3258 to like 4Ghz on stock voltage and cooler.

I have OCed it to 4.2Ghz. I am asking which processor are you using ? CAn you answer that? Thank you
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Long time lurker here. Just signed up to say thanks. I've learned alot from you guys over the past few months.

My results for Claymore's v 4.0 after about 2 hrs of mining.

4 x 6 GPU rigs - Originally built for mining ETH
24 GPU's - all RX 480 8GB
Stock clocks & BIOS - mixed brands (Sapphire, XFX, PowerColor and ASUS)
(I'm too chicken shit to mess with BIOS mods but I might work up the nerve one day)
H81 BTC Mobo
3.0 GHz Celeron
8 GB Ram
60 or 120GB SSD
Win 10

All my GPU's average around 70 to 75 sol/s with Intensity setting @ "-i 0".
My weak ass Celerons cant seem to handle "1" or "2" intensity. Hash rate takes a huge hit unless it's set to 0.

BTW - My Dev Fee will stay turned on.

Claymore, don't let these whiney little FUK's deter you. Bunch of damn little sheltered momma's boys demanding something for free as they sit on their thumbs. Sticks in my craw!

Just know that there are many of us who do appreciate your work. Keep it up brotha!

Activity: 91

Anyone help me pls ? .

flash your bios with this:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxXMvDzLOtE2bHZnOGw2QkFqNVU

i get 78 - 84 H/s with -i 2

i hope this helps Smiley

I'm looking for timings for ref rx 480 8gb, i'm getting 80H/s i believe it can do much more, if someone can share his bios it wold be nice.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

I also saw in this tread, that someone said that flypool and nanopool is no good. Any better option?
thank for help!

wish you good minining.

I've tried almost every pool available. Suprnova is good but has a buggy dashboard. Nano apparently steals some hashrate (at least in my case.

I'm now on flypool and happy with it  Grin

Don't stop there. Test coinmine.pl aswell. I get much higher reward than flypool. Problem right now is hash is skyrocketing and will make it hard to do calcs in expected earnings.  Lot of flux in the hash right now.

BR

Tested coinmine.pl and for last 8 hours I got almost 50% less than on flypool. So for me coinmine was worst pool to mine probably due to pool bad luck and rising net hash. I'll see next 8 hours on flypool, but after one hour it already looks much better than on coinmine so please let everyone try and decide for themself because my expirience is totaly oposit from yours.

That's what I was getting at. Sorry I need to spell it out. Test them all. Don't take my word for shit.  

Edit. When money is involved. I can't stress this enough.  Do your own homework. 
BR
legendary
Activity: 1084
≡v≡

Anyone help me pls ? .
or modded roms ?

Bios is stock .

actually I haven't changed any wattman settings on v4.0 my xfx RX480 8G are running on ~70-72
legendary
How to run a CPU Mining Huh
nheqminer 0.3a works best for CPU, set to low priority so doesn't slow down gpu mining.

If it is not difficult to throw a link.

https://github.com/nicehash/nheqminer/releases

im not ass like most are i do try to help when i see it's needed . o I'm a whiner to because, i care .
Activity: 51
I agree I have no problem paying claymore the dev fee that's his pay for providing some of the best most stable mining programs out I own a flooring company and I no how it feels for ppl to think I can work for free or want to beat me down on pricing it's bullshit u don't want to pay the fee use a different miner

Completely agree.  Claymore, you should remove option in future versions to disable your dev fee.  Your miner is beating the shit out of every other public miner, and you should get your 2.5%.  If those greedy assholes don't like, they can continue to run v4.0 and disable the fee.

Agree with that here to !!!
He deserve to be paid for his skills!
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001

Anyone help me pls ? .
or modded roms ?

Bios is stock .

Activity: 12
nheqminer 0.3a works best for CPU, set to low priority so doesn't slow down gpu mining.

If it is not difficult to throw a link.
legendary

I also saw in this tread, that someone said that flypool and nanopool is no good. Any better option?
thank for help!

wish you good minining.

I've tried almost every pool available. Suprnova is good but has a buggy dashboard. Nano apparently steals some hashrate (at least in my case.

I'm now on flypool and happy with it  Grin

Don't stop there. Test coinmine.pl aswell. I get much higher reward than flypool. Problem right now is hash is skyrocketing and will make it hard to do calcs in expected earnings.  Lot of flux in the hash right now.

BR

Tested coinmine.pl and for last 8 hours I got almost 50% less than on flypool. So for me coinmine was worst pool to mine probably due to pool bad luck and rising net hash. I'll see next 8 hours on flypool, but after one hour it already looks much better than on coinmine so please let everyone try and decide for themself because my expirience is totaly oposit from yours.

for me fly pooll has allways been the best i only used the other pools because i had to there wasn't a working good stable stand lone miner that worked on any pool for a while . i hit my pay outs on Flypool fast or seems to so im staying with it . it also  what you like to .
legendary
Activity: 1084
≡v≡

Anyone help me pls ? .
or modded roms ?
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001

Anyone help me pls ? .
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
I have 6 windows rigs, and manage all from one computer.  You can remote desktop without a monitor plugged in.  Claymore updates take me less than 5 minutes for all 6.  With remote monitor, life is easy.
Everything is possible. Makes only sense what's convenient and what's the price.
On Linux I expose only ssh secure port, and use text terminal from my phone via slow GPRS connection (for instance) to get work done.
On Windows I have to run GUI via fast link. I don't like the idea to expose RDP ports to the Internet, so I either have to use a kind of VPN, ssh passthrough, or use tools like TeamViewer. RDP has issues - miner sometimes can't read/manage temps/fans if started from remote session. Sometimes it works - I can't find out why and when. For miner there is absolutely no sense to run GUI to manage rigs.
It is a matter of taste, but Linux is also free and more stable, has a watchdog that can reboot it even if GPU driver hangs. Windows sometimes can't or require external watchdog device. Etc, etc.

I don't remote from outside of my network, but when I did, I just set up one external remote to main, and then vnc from there, not as fast but worked.  Would be easier with teamviewer.  To see temps, you need to get an HDMI dummy plug ($15).  If hang, it can be harder to fix automatically, but I just run stable...  If Claymore gets gpu error, best to have it run a restart.bat file instead of trying to reset miner, it always hangs system.  So there are some drawbacks, but it is kind of more preference for me.  I don't want to spend extra time setting up drivers, making more scripts and such.  I may switch in future, but it is just easier for me for now.
Activity: 687
Merit: 502
v4 RX470

I am probably buying some more 470s

CPU usage 470 rig /G1820):

v4 RX480

v4 280X (standard clocks)
Jump to: