Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 645. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 475
Merit: 101
the most profitable graphics card 100h/s r9 390x msi gaming 8g
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
Running great on all my rigs. Fantastic work!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/BzHJehD.png[img]

Multiple rigs with same results as above. 7x 390x @ 1100/1500 for those wondering.

What is your from the wall power draw for this rig?

Roughly 1500w with 94% efficient PSU.
legendary
Activity: 1596

Multiple rigs with same results as above. 7x 390x @ 1100/1500 for those wondering.
Hi.
wich motherboard you use?
thank you

I stick to MSI. That particular rig is either a Z77-GD65 or Z87-GD65.
thank you- if you have trusted link where to buy it- im tired of askrock- so diffiecult to buy mining things in norway:S no one mining in th countery.

Any board with 7 PCI-e slots will work, really. I keep an eye out for them on my local classifieds. I'm in Canada, so unfortunately have no idea where you might source them in Norway.
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Getting this error all the time on different pools. What is it ?

server: bind failed with error: 10048 (port is busy, use different -mport value), next attempt in 10sec...

You have opened the miner more than once. Disable the remote port with "-mport 0".

Try rebooting your rig a couple of times.  I had the exact same error... then tried to go back to 3.0 but same error then occurred in it as well.  Rebooting, ran 4.0 again and no error, but 1 of my GPUs was only getting 5-6 h/r.  Rebooted again and all 4 GPUs were working well.  Ran at about 220 (4 MSI RX 470s, set at intensity 1) for a few minutes, then busted it up to the 260-265 range!  Big speed improvement over even 3.0, which itself was a big jump. Great work as always Claymore!
Holly shit, with 3.1, i total 610S/s on 3 rigs for exactly 1004W at the wall!

Lol

1.64W/S  Grin

Thanks claymore!!
and your head what grows?
Activity: 449
Merit: 251
I think there is more of a difference between drivers on Linux.  Maybe speed difference also people with different CPUs?  Some have posted their personal optimizations, but it is hard to judge typical speeds for sure.
CZM 1.1 gave me similar speeds for Windows and Linux on the same machine with RX470 x 2, 1GB or RAM and very old and slow CPU. Other Linux miner was not able to give the same due to high CPU requirements. Now the same machine runs 4.0 under Windows. So, at least one problem with "other miner" is high CPU usage.

I don't like to use Linux because in general it is a royal pain to set things up.  I would use it to get 6 cards on ASrock H81 BTC PRO boards, but when I set up, was dual mining, and can't undervolt in Linux.  Some cards I can bios mod, so I could do it now, I just don't want to mess with it, and Win7 can do 5 cards with some MB Bios changes. I have used it before from time to time, and tried getting it going on HTPC, but ran into too many issues.  Also When Ubuntu changed to new garbage UI, turned me off more. I know you can switch window managers, or use diff distro, but that's also more work.  If I wasn't as busy, and have 5 kids, I would consider it more.  I use Ubuntu Server VMs for work some though (web/android dev).  So not against it, I just use what works best for me.
I would tell the same Re: Windows. For headless rigs it is a pain in the ass. I used to run ubuntu off 1GB USB flash and never had any problem. Neither had GUI. Now I have to use 16GB USB flash and run Windows 10 To Go from them. I miss ssh for configuration.

It's not about money, there are several reasons why I'm not going to release ZCash miner for Linux in near future - most of haters who say that I stole SA engine are on Linux so let's they use some different miner. Also I don't like to see as someone applies IDA to my miner to see how it works.
All those may switch to Windows and continue running your miner. Also for those who concerned, it is not too difficult to run IDA on decrypted Windows code. It's just a matter of skills and efforts. Formally say, they studied your code the same way as you might study theirs (open source), and I didn't remember where your readme files explicitly prohibited reverse engineering. Still, I understand you (because somehow I am similar to you in that regard). But a lot of users miss Linux version, still being able to run Windows if no other comparable option exists yet.

I have 6 windows rigs, and manage all from one computer.  You can remote desktop without a monitor plugged in.  Claymore updates take me less than 5 minutes for all 6.  With remote monitor, life is easy.
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
Holly shit, with 3.1, i total 610S/s on 3 rigs for exactly 1004W at the wall!

Lol

1.64W/S  Grin

Thanks claymore!!

With what cards and config?
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Superb work Claymore !

47 Sol on R7 370
72 Sol on 7950
and 67 Sol on RX470 8Gb

Thanks you.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262
But Claymore. Maybe some more options for -i parametr.

I got 6x R9 390 in a rig. And whe use -i 2 I got 100% CPU load, -i 1 I got 100% CPU load and -i 0 I got 25-33% CPU load.
I cant load my CPU correctly.

Same here.
We need a -i 0.5  Grin

Dual core celeron club ?  count me in lol
I get ~77-85% CPU usage on G1840 celeron with 4x 470 8GB cards with -i2.  Similar usage per card on low end APU.  Think it is more of issue with single core, or 6 card rigs.  It would be nice to have more choices though, like make it 0-5.

4 card is ok for G1840, more is 100% load and loose of hs.
I didnt get any difference betwin -i 1 and -i 2.

I have 5*470 4G with 4G RAM on H87 anniversary with celeron, all 5 are doing 55-60, with faster cpu can go 65+
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
Thanks for your work.
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
I think there is more of a difference between drivers on Linux.  Maybe speed difference also people with different CPUs?  Some have posted their personal optimizations, but it is hard to judge typical speeds for sure.
CZM 1.1 gave me similar speeds for Windows and Linux on the same machine with RX470 x 2, 1GB or RAM and very old and slow CPU. Other Linux miner was not able to give the same due to high CPU requirements. Now the same machine runs 4.0 under Windows. So, at least one problem with "other miner" is high CPU usage.

I don't like to use Linux because in general it is a royal pain to set things up.  I would use it to get 6 cards on ASrock H81 BTC PRO boards, but when I set up, was dual mining, and can't undervolt in Linux.  Some cards I can bios mod, so I could do it now, I just don't want to mess with it, and Win7 can do 5 cards with some MB Bios changes. I have used it before from time to time, and tried getting it going on HTPC, but ran into too many issues.  Also When Ubuntu changed to new garbage UI, turned me off more. I know you can switch window managers, or use diff distro, but that's also more work.  If I wasn't as busy, and have 5 kids, I would consider it more.  I use Ubuntu Server VMs for work some though (web/android dev).  So not against it, I just use what works best for me.
I would tell the same Re: Windows. For headless rigs it is a pain in the ass. I used to run ubuntu off 1GB USB flash and never had any problem. Neither had GUI. Now I have to use 16GB USB flash and run Windows 10 To Go from them. I miss ssh for configuration.

It's not about money, there are several reasons why I'm not going to release ZCash miner for Linux in near future - most of haters who say that I stole SA engine are on Linux so let's they use some different miner. Also I don't like to see as someone applies IDA to my miner to see how it works.
All those may switch to Windows and continue running your miner. Also for those who concerned, it is not too difficult to run IDA on decrypted Windows code. It's just a matter of skills and efforts. Formally say, they studied your code the same way as you might study theirs (open source), and I didn't remember where your readme files explicitly prohibited reverse engineering. Still, I understand you (because somehow I am similar to you in that regard). But a lot of users miss Linux version, still being able to run Windows if no other comparable option exists yet.
You should always maintain a developer, otherwise there will be a good program. I should not have made it possible to "-nofee", cancel this function. Who does not like it, let them go looking for a hole in the ass (Sorry for the expression)

Bceгдa нaдo пoддepживaть paзpaбoтчикa, инaчe нe бyдeт xopoшиx пpoгpaмм. Зpя дaл вoзмoжнocть "-nofee", oтмeни этy фyнкцию. Кoмy нe нpaвитьcя, пycть идyт ищyт в дыpкy нa жoпe (извинитe зa выpaжeниe)
eщё oдин pyccкий-кoнeчнo зpя нe xoчeшь xaвaть иди cпи oни плaчyтcя ooo devfee
Activity: 12
You should always maintain a developer, otherwise there will be a good program. I should not have made it possible to "-nofee", cancel this function. Who does not like it, let them go looking for a hole in the ass (Sorry for the expression)

Bceгдa нaдo пoддepживaть paзpaбoтчикa, инaчe нe бyдeт xopoшиx пpoгpaмм. Зpя дaл вoзмoжнocть "-nofee", oтмeни этy фyнкцию. Кoмy нe нpaвитьcя, пycть идyт ищyт дыpкy нa жoпe (извинитe зa выpaжeниe)
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
What people need to understand is humans work on a reward system. The only reason these devs exist is because their is gain to be had. What this looks like to me is big corps trying to piss off the best community miner dev we have.  Yes it's closed source but their is good reason for that.  We live in a dog eat dog world. I hate it as much as the next guy and when you get a good example of how that shapes human behavior right before your eyes you embrace it.  If these devs stop getting rewarded which I'm sure the open source guys aren't doing it out of the goodness of their hearts.  They worked for tips too.  They will stop. As their is nothing in it for them.  Always has to be something in it for them. And I know those bitching understand that.  And if you don't. You can't say now you haven't been told.  If these devs are to be here into the future we must treat them with respect and show them they are appreciated.

BR
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
The best setting on wattman for amd 480 ? i want minor comsuption and high hash Smiley .
Activity: 1008
I will not release NVidia support. Neither Linux update. Please use mrb's miner for that OS and hardware.
That's your choice, but I don't see the reason why you deny yourself thousands of dollars worth of mining fees.

I'm not so greedy as some people say Smiley
It's not about money, there are several reasons why I'm not going to release ZCash miner for Linux in near future - most of haters who say that I stole SA engine are on Linux so let's they use some different miner. Also I don't like to see as someone applies IDA to my miner to see how it works. Also I don't like Linux, it's a pain for me.
NVidia: if I release miner for NVidia, these haters will again say that I stole SA engine. So there will not be NVidia version.
I think other devs will create public miners with similar speed for Linux and NVidia soon.

No you sure aren't. Greedy is bitching and moaning about 2.5% fee with a far superior product.  You can tell they never had to earn anything in their life. Either due to being young or just plain spoiled.  

BR

Im thankful claymore says this.

It's gives us amd windows miners an advantage in the market and im happy to help him out and pay my fair share of the dev fee.

and honestly people who bitch, moan and put down others users for their OS choice and/or hardware choice don't deserve this miner.
Activity: 17
Make new version for devfee and everyone can donate to you how much they want.
-fee 1             = 1% fee
-fee 2.5          = 2.5% fee
and next  ...           

Do you think this is charity?
The man worked and now it gets payed for the work. end of discution about fees. ( sorry for my bad english).

Now to share my results
on my rigs i combine 290 and 380x soo this are my results.

290 - 65-70 h/s (170w) i 0
380x - 40-44 h/s (100w) i 0

on a rig whit 2X290 + 2X380x = 225h/s (~600W) i 0

at i 2 dropes to 200 h/s
if i am doing something wrong i accept advices:D.

Keep up the good work
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
what is wrong with you? all that shit about dev fee

if you don't like don't use

if you wanna give more just send him some bitcoins

i did a bit testing

must be a bug  r9 390 with a r380

so on V3 is was running I2 fine

but on V4 R9 380 lost lot speed so i testes I1 (not great)   I0  is better

but when i use I2 (390) +I0 (380)    i get 15% rejected  (duplicate shares)
no rejected share if they both running in I2
Make new version for devfee and everyone can donate to you how much they want.
-fee 1             = 1% fee
-fee 2.5          = 2.5% fee
and next  ...         
DEV FEE so well 1.5 minutes per hour
Activity: 682
Merit: 500

What is your from the wall power draw for this rig?
Jump to: