Author

Topic: Claymore's ZCash/BTG AMD GPU Miner v12.6 (Windows/Linux) - page 721. (Read 3839163 times)

Activity: 884
Merit: 500
0xedA39AF25b25f179bed410EcC6d33060952b7Db3
Part of DevFee problem solved - added -allpools 1 - miner changed DevFee and problem removed,
Claymore - i think what error in your wallet on nicehash, miner gives error because not working on nicehash without workername after the wallet, maybe you forgot to write your workername in the source Wink

Everything is ok with the miner, I have checked equihash.usa.nicehash.com:3357 many times, it works for me and for most of people. But nicehash has paranoid ddos protection, I think it's the reason. I see same thing for my XMR miner when they block devfee connections sometimes. I asked them if they can help somehow, but they don't want to change anything. So if you have this problem just use "-allpools 1".

why are there binaries only? Could maybe make the zec for cuda work on this with the source

This is a private miner. He does not use public sources.
Activity: 251
Merit: 100
Part of DevFee problem solved - added -allpools 1 - miner changed DevFee and problem removed,
Claymore - i think what error in your wallet on nicehash, miner gives error because not working on nicehash without workername after the wallet, maybe you forgot to write your workername in the source Wink

Everything is ok with the miner, I have checked equihash.usa.nicehash.com:3357 many times, it works for me and for most of people. But nicehash has paranoid ddos protection, I think it's the reason. I see same thing for my XMR miner when they block devfee connections sometimes. I asked them if they can help somehow, but they don't want to change anything. So if you have this problem just use "-allpools 1".

Big thanks! Already set this option
Waiting for miner's Nvidia support from best miners developer
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
I guess, most peepz is now dumping, the price still falling reaches 0.74BTC as of the moment. and difficulty is also increasing. effect of claymore's Best miner :-)

Yeah, I really do not know why people are so happy. Here is the effect of CZM (this miner): profitability dropped by 2. In fact this is the end of profits on ZEC. Maybe it is good for decentralization, but it is an absolute evil for those who wanted (and made) some money on this. Let me explain in some bogus numbers if you like.

Assume there were 3 players that generated 200, 300, 500 shares for 100 coins/day (10 shares per coin), they received 20 (200/10), 30 (300/10), 50 (500/10) ZEC coins. Assume 1 ZEC = 1 BTC. And they received 20, 30, 50 BTC/day.

Now they have doubled hash rate and generate 400, 600 and 1000 shares. Since number of coins per day is the same (difficulty jump up to ensure it), now we need 20 shares per coin. They still create 100 coins/day and should receive 20 (400/20), 30 (600/20), 50 (1000/20) coins. The same amount, but increased power consumption.

But now some lazy newbies started mining ZEC as well, and lot of old cards are now mining too. Let assume they added +20% of total shares. That is we decrease the ZEC profit by 20% and now receive 16, 24, 40 + new 20 percent of share for same 100 coins/day.

Also we all are rich now and start dumping. The price dropped by 25%, and now in BTC we have 20% less. If 1 ZEC was = 1 BTC, now it is 0.75 BTC, and instead of original 20, 30, 50 BTC/day we and newbies receive 12 (16*0.75), 18 (24*0.75), 30 (40*0.75) and 15 (20*0.75) BTC.

Was: 20, 30, 50
Now: 12, 18, 30  and 15
for new players who was waiting for this miner.

And yes, you should also subtract 2.5% fee from this amount.

Net result: 50% real profit loss. Numbers are not real, but the idea is the same. Do not know why people are so happy. I think only those who was not able to build a miner on Linux are now happy since they have come into the game. But good profitability is behind.

Your analysis has some merit... several valid points if you will... but the other huge factor in all of this is the big drop-off in ZEC price.  And while certainly some of that drop is due to the growing supply of coins, it seems likely that another factor is the big problem with many ZEC wallets at the moment.  I alone have seen 2... flypool has not been able to send to "z" addresses in over 24 hours. Luckily, (or so i thought) I am using a "t" address from my bittrex account BUT... bittrex's ZEC wallet system has also been down for over 24 hours.

Granted, I am still pretty new to all of this but it seems that problems like this cause concern, which means that a certain % of people that were so gung-ho about ZEC have backed off on that stance, hence, further lowering demand for ZEC, dropping the price even further.  Hopefully this will get resolved soon and provide a bit of a rebound but at this rate, it may indeed be back to ETH for a lot of miners very soon.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

why are there binaries only? Could maybe make the zec for cuda work on this with the source
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer

Activity: 256
Is perfectly but 1 of the cards is not working at all...

http://prntscr.com/d3jo0j

how to fix that?
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
MSI R7950 Twin Frozr cards are running on average 38 per card. I'm happy. Smiley Thank you Claymore.

R9 280x Sharpire 44 h/s.  clock  1100    mem1550 .. very good.
Activity: 22
Issue:
Miner v1.1, 6xPowerColor Red Devil RX480 8GB, Catalyst 16.11.1, Win 10.
Start Mining, about 2 minutes and restart PC (BSOD or any Problem - I don't know). Last 2 lines of log:
23:12:57:379    121c    ZEC: Share accepted (109 ms)!
23:12:57:395    121c    new buf size: 0
At Miner 1.0 Rig work's without problems.

3 rig's with Sapphire RX470 8GB work 1 hour so far.
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
It rarely show the hash rates, only that points were it says that shares accepted, is there something wrong ?
Also I got 44-49 on RX480, no crashes so far.
What about the power usage ? Is it same that was on Genoil ?

hit r to get the stats if they don't show up
I'm using s instead, also pool shows that everything is fine
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
280X Linux results
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
MSI R7950 Twin Frozr cards are running on average 38 per card. I'm happy. Smiley Thank you Claymore.
Activity: 635
It rarely show the hash rates, only that points were it says that shares accepted, is there something wrong ?

hit r to get the stats if they don't show up
Activity: 635
hey people i need to learn asus strix rx 470 4gb cards hashrates ?
i just bought them and now im waiting for arrival.
I don't have an answer for the 470, but a 380 strix doesn't mine as well as a Sapphire 380 by 3-4 Sol/s. Best I can get from the Strix is like 33
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
Activity: 8
I'm getting 95-107 sol with two cards ( 280x and 7950) using driver v.16.10.2. No crashes, very stable ! Thanks
What clocks and settings are you using to get so many sol?
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
Hey i put # infront off the adress adn so on in the config file. That resolved the problem. I gues your credentials there caused the problem. Thx for pointing that out !

i just deleted config.txt for now. that solved my 100% rejected shares in 1.1. dunno why it solved it but it worked.

ill setup a proper config.txt for failover pools tomorrow.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands
hey people i need to learn asus strix rx 470 4gb cards hashrates ?
i just bought them and now im waiting for arrival.
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
Claymore ZEC 1.1
4*Sapphire RX 480 Nitro + OC 8 GB
Modded ROM, 1150-1175 GPU clock, 2150-2175 Mem clock

Where can I find a modded ROM?

Good Quastion!
please links to this roms
amd radeon 3xx-4xx
that are proven to work with ClaymoreZEC
Cycling error with DevFee...

Did you tried other Nicehash server? usa, hk and jp I tested with v1.1 all good
No, because eu server have best ping form me, at the others - 200+ ms
But i removed -allpools 1, i'll try to back it again and write if it solve the problem.
Jump to: