Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] ASICMiner Prisma 1.4th/s - 1.47 BTC - page 7. (Read 49674 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I think I am going to put two up for sale in the market place.  I don't have time to baby sit them.

Atleast you can get yours to run...

What's wrong with yours?

Here is my post in the other thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=791827.msg9552765#msg9552765

Minera is running fine but none of the boards will hash either together or individually.  When I tried running the boards individually, I made sure all of the switches were 'off'.  Minera appears to be detecting the miner fine.

Check the wiring. A to B Inside being b never used Pi but it's the same Set up from what folks have posted. Also check your pin settings. Have you done work on LED boards? No one board can have the same pin configuration.  

I'm trying only 1 board at a time.  When I try the single board, I set the 5 dip switches all 'off'.   I get no hashing from any of the boards.  Minera appears to recognize miner though.  (atleast the uart adapter)

okay lets take it a step at a time.

the one board you test has the fan plugged into  it? so when you power your psu on the fan turns on.

next you only need 1 white wire attached it goes direct from the board that is powering the fan to the little usb adapt which plugs into the rasp pi

Ok.  Good idea.

The board that I'm trying right now has the fan on it.  It is being powered by a corsair rm850 - so plenty of power.

I have the 3 white wire plugged into the left white adapter on the board.  The dip switch on that board is set all to 'off'.

the 3 white wire is plugged into a r-pi via uart.  and the pi is running crazyguy minera build.   cgminer in minera set for am build.  minera detects the uart / miner whever power is on the board.

i have 2 pools set on minera, the default one and slush.  both pools are alive.

No hashing the powered board right now.

I've tried these steps with all 4 boards and I get the same result.

okay humor me on this  go to settings  copy my pool info in make mine first choice leave your choices 2nd and third. hit save and restart miner.

if none of that works. use another white
 try a different power source for the rasp pi

if nothing happens and you have a dead miner go to system menu hit reboot

if none of that works. use another white cable. try every cable. if none of that works.

try a different power source for the rasp pi.

if none of that works you should check the one board to see if your all off are all on.

after that i have no more tests to try.

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
I think I am going to put two up for sale in the market place.  I don't have time to baby sit them.

What's wrong with yours?

Here is my post in the other thread:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9552765

Minera is running fine but none of the boards will hash either together or individually.  When I tried running the boards individually, I made sure all of the switches were 'off'.  Minera appears to be detecting the miner fine.

Check the wiring. A to B Inside being b never used Pi but it's the same Set up from what folks have posted. Also check your pin settings. Have you done work on LED boards? No one board can have the same pin configuration. 

I'm trying only 1 board at a time.  When I try the single board, I set the 5 dip switches all 'off'.   I get no hashing from any of the boards.  Minera appears to recognize miner though.  (atleast the uart adapter)

the one board you test has the fan plugged into  it? so when you power your psu on the fan turns on.

next you only need 1 white wire attached it goes direct from the board that is powering the fan to the little usb adapt which plugs into the rasp pi

Ok.  Good idea.

The board that I'm trying right now has the fan on it.  It is being powered by a corsair rm850 - so plenty of power.

I have the 3 white wire plugged into the left white adapter on the board.  The dip switch on that board is set all to 'off'.

the 3 white wire is plugged into a r-pi via uart.  and the pi is running crazyguy minera build.   cgminer in minera set for am build.  minera detects the uart / miner whever power is on the board.

i have 2 pools set on minera, the default one and slush.  both pools are alive.

No hashing the powered board right now.

I've tried these steps with all 4 boards and I get the same result.
legendary
I think I am going to put two up for sale in the market place.  I don't have time to baby sit them.

What's wrong with yours?

Here is my post in the other thread:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9552765

Minera is running fine but none of the boards will hash either together or individually.  When I tried running the boards individually, I made sure all of the switches were 'off'.  Minera appears to be detecting the miner fine.

I'm trying only 1 board at a time.  When I try the single board, I set the 5 dip switches all 'off'.   I get no hashing from any of the boards.  Minera appears to recognize miner though.  (atleast the uart adapter)

the one board you test has the fan plugged into  it? so when you power your psu on the fan turns on.

legendary

What's wrong with yours?

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

What's wrong with yours?

legendary

What's wrong with yours?

What's wrong with yours?
legendary

legendary
The Tower of Prisma

Solved a lot cooling issues this way and freed up some rack real estate in the process.
Mounted this way the boards are running about 60F cooler.
On to OC'ing them.

Sorry about the blur, was standing on a chair and I'm an old fart.

You said in this configuration they are running 60F cooler? What were your numbers before and after? My setup looks very similar with the box fan under it. Plus I have two fans on each prisma, the one stock drawing air in and the one philipma1957 suggested to pull air http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A460TK6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Those Silverstone Tek 140mm x 38mm Fans are really quite even in power mode. I have them all hooked up to a fan controller that GrapeApe recommended http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DN3IT7M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I have them all running at full power, the stock fans are loud, like a hairdryer as some people say. But if that setup you have going is actually running 60F cooler and the stock fans are cycling you just maybe on to something. With my setup minera is reporting 85-86F running @ 240mhz. Im just curious what your numbers were before and after. Also im not sure where minera is getting the temp numbers from, does anyone know? I saw a post on this thread where someone said it could be the RPI temp, so I don't have a clue. Now I have to go give the leaning tower of prismas a try, will report back. Also im a little worried of them tipping/falling over, so maybe secure them somehow from the top.

I think the temp on minera is the rpi temp.

I am running into an interesting problem.
I need to be away from the miners 2 days at a time out of every 10 ten days for the next 100 days. roughly 20% of the overall time.

based on the cap popping issue.  which can be mitigated with cooling and a smoke alarm .  I have been trying to downclock the miner to see minimum power / freq numbers.

if I do freq 240 i use 1250 watts I get about  1417 gh =  0.882 watts at the plug  per gh.
if I do freq 230 i use 1215 watts I get about 1366 gh = 0.890 watts at the plug per gh.
if I do freq 220 i use 1150 watts I get about  1263 gh = 0.91 watts at the plug per gh.
if I do freq 210 i use 1085 watts I get about  1074 gh = 1.01 watts at the plug per gh.

has anyone done the freq 210 and had the really surprising power efficiency loss?

I am going to try this again since I can not understand it.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
The Tower of Prisma

Solved a lot cooling issues this way and freed up some rack real estate in the process.
On to OC'ing them.

You said in this configuration they are running 60F cooler? What were your numbers before and after? My setup looks very similar with the box fan under it. Plus I have two fans on each prisma, the one stock drawing air in and the one philipma1957 suggested to pull air http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A460TK6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Those Silverstone Tek 140mm x 38mm Fans are really quite even in power mode. I have them all hooked up to a fan controller that GrapeApe recommended http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DN3IT7M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I have them all running at full power, the stock fans are loud, like a hairdryer as some people say. But if that setup you have going is actually running 60F cooler and the stock fans are cycling you just maybe on to something. With my setup minera is reporting 85-86F running @ 240mhz. Im just curious what your numbers were before and after. Also im not sure where minera is getting the temp numbers from, does anyone know? I saw a post on this thread where someone said it could be the RPI temp, so I don't have a clue. Now I have to go give the leaning tower of prismas a try, will report back. Also im a little worried of them tipping/falling over, so maybe secure them somehow from the top.
Activity: 462
Since going vertical, up-time on both units is > 11 hours with no spurious reboots.
The RPi controlled Prisma is OC'ed to 250, consistently > 1400 GH/s.
The BE controlled Prisma is OC'ed to 260, consistently > 1500 GH/s.
We have a BE controlled 24x Tube verticalized that is OC'ed to 280, consistently > 860 GH/s.

We have covered/blocked the square hole on the exhaust side of the Prisma's and 24x Tube.
Because we noticed a lot of cold air escaping through the hole.
Blocking the hole forces that cold air to flow across the internal heat sinks providing an additional measure of cooling.
Initially, the blockage material was a bunched up paper towels.
Now the blockage material is aluminum foil tape.
The type of tape one uses to seal wood stove flu's.

Will take some pic's later today (non-blurry ones) and post links.

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
The Tower of Prisma

On to OC'ing them.

http://i.imgur.com/vPCWf16.jpg

Thank you, this looks like a great idea. I think I'm gonna try that too.
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
The Tower of Prisma

On to OC'ing them.

I like it. I was thinking of something similar the other day, but hanging instead of standing. A Prisma "batcave" of sorts.
FYI, if you get a Prisma cold enough the fan will cycle.
The Tower of Prisma

On to OC'ing them.

Activity: 25
Running @ difficulty 2048 - discoverd that vardif pool ports are bad for my units - if for some reason they drop under 300 -- they will not recover - stop hashing... Happened all the time on the BE Controller; & initially when I went to the Minera RPi image -- haven't switch back to a vardif port since -- pool I mine doesn't have ability to set difficulty.

Try setting the difficulty to a static number if you have not done that already, 1024 seemed to work OK for me on Ghash.io.

What is your hash rate @ 210?

I haven't gone past 210. Might just keep it. That way.

1225Gh. I have a cooling duct aimed right at them.

I down clocked to 230 - earlier today (about 5 hrs ago) - and added a fan (at 4:05pm on the graph below) blowing on the side of the 2 prismas - wide variance in poolside hashrate - seems better the last hour with fan and clock 230 - Minera Error/Reject Rate @ 3.84

http://i.imgur.com/w729eeT.png
Activity: 364
Try setting the difficulty to a static number if you have not done that already, 1024 seemed to work OK for me on Ghash.io.

I down clocked to 230 - earlier today (about 5 hrs ago) - and added a fan (at 4:05pm on the graph below) blowing on the side of the 2 prismas - wide variance in poolside hashrate - seems better the last hour with fan and clock 230 - Minera Error/Reject Rate @ 3.84

Activity: 25

http://i.imgur.com/w729eeT.png
I did trip a 220/240 pdu when clocked at 240. They may pull a junk load of juice at start up.

Clarification edit: Two Prismas at start up to one PDU. Same PDU that it's brother handles 2 SP 30 no problem. 
Pages:
Jump to: