Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution - page 13. (Read 220127 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
August 29, 2013, 11:57:52 AM
you pleople just like to complain....
In the ASIC world, them and Firedcat actually shipped something touchable in a reasonable ammount of time....let's talk about BFL or the other companies....let's see where we get...because of this euphoria of "FASTEST ASIC " with lowest  power consumption we got to all this shit....Everybody sells pre-orders and nobody delivers...

Actually bitfury is currently delivering the fastest asic with the lowest power consumption Smiley
At what price dude Cheesy

For a mere $8000, you can have a 400 GH BitFury miner!  Smiley
Activity: 728
August 29, 2013, 11:56:20 AM
$500 per 25 Gh/s
I thought it's 1000 EUR per 25 GH/s for august , that is almost over and I did not received my order yet
The price you mention is for late October  H-board and only if you first got October M board set ( 950 EUR for 25 GHs)
So 450 + 950 = 1400 EUr for 50 GHs ,that is let say 5.5 bitburners @ 260 Each ( with chips cost)  that is exactly the same price Smiley
For sure with mass refunds all left gruop buy's will be delivered before October. So with Bitburner you will have @ least 2 weeks early delivery that Bitfury October delivery with the same price .
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
August 29, 2013, 11:51:07 AM
@zefir - you're a star!  Your professionalism and diplomacy have paid dividends.

Just a question of when Bitsyncom will follow through.

How do you propose to move forward for those that request refunds?
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 29, 2013, 11:44:12 AM
$500 per 25 Gh/s
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
August 29, 2013, 11:40:46 AM
In the ASIC world, them and Firedcat actually shipped something touchable in a reasonable ammount of time....let's talk about BFL or the other companies....let's see where we get...because of this euphoria of "FASTEST ASIC " with lowest  power consumption we got to all this shit....Everybody sells pre-orders and nobody delivers...

Actually bitfury is currently delivering the fastest asic with the lowest power consumption Smiley
At what price dude Cheesy
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
August 29, 2013, 11:33:15 AM

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
August 29, 2013, 11:22:57 AM
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
August 29, 2013, 11:20:01 AM
Answer me this - how is Burnin fucked?  He received lots of funds for orders he may never fill.
How is Zefir fucked?  He already earned 9.9 % of the cost of every chip for organizing the group buys (+-500 BTC).
A couple of days ago he sold 7000 Avalon chips at a profit to Bitmine. 

The only people fucked are us idiots who participated in the group buys and trusted Avalon  We are now left with garbage
if anything at all.  I really hope that the Asian ASIC cartel will kill Bitcoin.

zefir and burnin (and sebastian) are genuine and not greedy. they took fair prices and communicated almost daily with their customers.

what exactly went wrong with bitsyncom ?
Activity: 282
Merit: 250
August 29, 2013, 11:13:18 AM
thanks for the update zefir.

this is what happen when you open a communication line with us, yifu. we are civilized and this is a good progress imo, that yifu will consider a full refund option.
Activity: 457
August 29, 2013, 11:10:06 AM
All here is depend from DIY guys(burnin, marto etc..). Did they bought parts for all expected chips already?

Burnin already stated his terms of refunds:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3031797
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
August 29, 2013, 11:09:43 AM
I want the chips I paid for, and the Bitburners that they go on...
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
August 29, 2013, 10:53:28 AM
All here is depend from DIY guys(burnin, marto etc..). Did they bought parts for all expected chips already?

Yep -- they have a whole mass of cash invested in parts and equipment. A refund of chips won't cover any of that. They really should offer a partial refund.
Activity: 267
Learn to go against your mind
August 29, 2013, 10:49:11 AM
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076
^ Will code for Bitcoins
August 29, 2013, 10:43:11 AM
It looks like funds are used to refund batch 3 orders Wink

At least that is positive.
For batch 3 customers waiting for refund yes it's good news.
For us chip buyers the fact that Avalon is spending chip money for batch3 refunds is not such a good news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nVk25ZvTkU
donator
Activity: 919
Merit: 1000
August 29, 2013, 10:25:41 AM
FYI

Dear BitSyncom,

I organized one of the first group-buys for Avalon ASICs with a total of 80k chips during the second half of April. I already received the first two orders, and while they arrived later than agreed, I understand the difficulties you faced with delivery and am happy to have enabled some DIY projects to produce boards with an expected break-even potential.

With the further delays and the recent development in the mining market, we already passed the point where your chips will ever see a ROI. While the accelerated development of next-gen ASICs and the resulting increase in difficulty is every miners' risk issue, the delay is not. Decision to order the chips was based on your ToS giving a 9-10 weeks delivery time, and with the remaining orders being late for at least 8 weeks you for sure are aware that the chips lost their chance to make back their investment.

As you can imagine, all users desperately waiting for their chips are becoming more and more impatient. I personally have ~200 very sad and upset people in my group-buy and I feel very desperate and helpless not being able to do anything about it.

Yifu, it is only some months ago where you have been one of the most respected and honored person in Bitcoinland. I strongly believe that all this mess is a result of issues out of your control. Nevertheless with power comes responsibility, and now it is on you to take responsibility for the masses of folks out there who put serious amount of coins into your chips. If you really care about Bitcoin and its community, you can't just stand there and watch how disappointed users leave the scene.

As group-buy organizer and large-scale buyer I would like to suggest you several options to compensate chip-buyers for the late delivery:
a) refund: no chips, full refund
b) compensation in BTC: deliver chips, compensate XX% of the initial price
c) compensation in chips: deliver chips, add YY% more chips as compensation
d) compensation by upgrades: no chips, convert orders to next-gen chip orders

Would you be willing and capable to consider those suggestions? If so, I'd be glad to negotiate between my group-buyers and you to reach some agreement acceptable for both sides. Also, I would include other group-buy organizers to come to a generic agreement. For the sake of Bitcoin, please come back to me and let's bring this, that poisoned the community already enough, to an end.

Best Regards
zefir

I'm glad the group buyer leaders are more understanding.

a) I am very open to this, this is what I suggest.
b) I am not a fan of this, on a principle level I rather do a full refund. plus, I rather sell the chips once we have them in hand at a discount, instead of letting people wait.( which is about the same as doing a partial refund in my opinion.)
c) this will not be good, as you know the chips isn't going to get here any faster, and ordering more would run into more delays ( this is the worst option, do not offer.)
d) while in theory this option sounds the best for us right? we keep the money, tout our gen2/3/4 chips and etc etc, but reality is we want to stay away from all pre-orders in the future. as you can imagine, all the problems, rumors and just about everything is caused by the fact we took pre-orders, and we will no longer be doing this.

you are welcome to post this in your thread.
Activity: 532
August 29, 2013, 10:00:50 AM
Answer me this - how is Burnin fucked?  He received lots of funds for orders he may never fill.
How is Zefir fucked?  He already earned 9.9 % of the cost of every chip for organizing the group buys (+-500 BTC).
A couple of days ago he sold 7000 Avalon chips at a profit to Bitmine.  

The only people fucked are us idiots who participated in the group buys and trusted Avalon  We are now left with garbage
if anything at all.  I really hope that the Asian ASIC cartel will kill Bitcoin.

I don't!

What did Bitcoin do to deserve this?

It didn't do anything to you.

Greed is an inherent trait amongst humans with no integrity.

When spotted, such personalities should be avoided at all costs, but greed begetts greed, and the foolish greedy will always forgive the ultra greedy for their voracity for excess once more.

This is a mere test for Bitcoin, and the response and whether such charachter traits are allowed to continue is down to how you choose to react.

Unfortunatley it's more than a mere test for yourselves, so respond accordingly, or stay silent and be walked over, it's your choice to make...
August 29, 2013, 09:55:29 AM

For batch 3 customers waiting for refund yes it's good news.
For us chip buyers the fact that Avalon is spending chip money for batch3 refunds is not such a good news
Activity: 588
August 29, 2013, 09:47:35 AM

August 29, 2013, 09:46:07 AM
Activity: 588
August 29, 2013, 09:41:54 AM
https://blockchain.info/address/1FGAftzSTztFSB8LMwsrdCKTyqGY6zr3sU

And it gone...the remaining 55,000 btc just went to this address:
https://blockchain.info/address/1JrwWrt3TYUzMYFEBLX5hTo1zFsEY6tWZN

Seems like refund activity is happening in this address though.
Lot's of 100btc tranactions to various addresses.
Pages:
Jump to: