Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution - page 12. (Read 220127 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
August 29, 2013, 06:07:18 PM
What I don't get is, where is the BTC for the refunds coming from?

The BTC (or at least a good chunk of it) should have been spent to manufacture the chips.  Given how late into the game we are, all of the chips should be being manufactured/packaged as we speak.

Did they make such a killing on batch 1/2/3 and chips that they can afford to refund thousands of BTC to unhappy customers, for goods that were maid/paid to order (so they say, hence the 'no refunds' line in the store T&Cs).

+1
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
August 29, 2013, 05:55:33 PM
@zefir... i handle it the way in my groupbuy that i ask if the buyers want refund and if they want how many chips they would like to get anyway. Since we bought 5.6 batches it might be possible that one batch still remains ordered while the others get a refund.
In case the chip count of those chips that dont want to be refunded and its not reaching 10k... maybe we could work something out in case your buyers want enough chips to be delivered anyway that a full batch comes out of it?
Only a thought...
Activity: 499
Merit: 500
August 29, 2013, 05:52:17 PM
What I don't get is, where is the BTC for the refunds coming from?

The BTC (or at least a good chunk of it) should have been spent to manufacture the chips.  Given how late into the game we are, all of the chips should be being manufactured/packaged as we speak.

Did they make such a killing on batch 1/2/3 and chips that they can afford to refund thousands of BTC to unhappy customers, for goods that were maid/paid to order (so they say, hence the 'no refunds' line in the store T&Cs).
Activity: 756
August 29, 2013, 05:49:39 PM
Any news on batch #3 chips?
fex
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
August 29, 2013, 05:46:54 PM
- I have orders in two batches. Can I get a refund for only one order?
- How much BTC per chip will be refunded?
Activity: 525
..yeah
August 29, 2013, 05:23:17 PM
Is the refund in btc and in full? Would I get the same amount of btc I paid? Could you ask the discount? 10% is not worth the refund and rebuying, nor would 50% compensate if you already paid a manufacturer..
donator
Activity: 919
Merit: 1000
August 29, 2013, 04:59:32 PM
Update: Batch Refund Processing

Status
After today's response from BitsynCom, what we have is:
  • Avalon prefers to refund in full
  • partial compensation should be implemented by a full refund followed by ordering in-stock chips for lowered prices
  • no compensation with more chips possible (due to short supply)
  • no upgrade to next-gen products, which would be the old pre-order madness again

At the other side we have:
  • users willing to take the refunds and forget
  • users willing to wait for their chips to build their boards
  • users demanding a compensation if they wait longer

To not over-complicate the process, I propose to limit it to the two obvious choices: a) full refund now, or b) keep waiting. For those with chips in one of the next batches, I'll try to get some shipping estimate from Avalon, but as we have seen how difficult it is to predict those, such an ETA might not be reliable at all. Those demanding their chips plus some compensation for the delay should follow the proposed approach: get a refund now and order chips later when they are in stock and cheaper. You do not need to cancel the order at your manufacturer, but instead postpone the finalization of the boards.

Refund Processing
To get things started, I need everyones binding decision on this. Everyone please evaluate your personal situation and perform your mining profitability calculations. If you conclude you'd like to get your order refunded, please do this by sending this single CSV formatted line for each order you want refunded
Code:
;<-N>;<-C>;
to the related email address. Please send from the mail you registered with at my website to ensure authenticity, otherwise please add the signature for the above CSV-line with the given address.

Edit: the variables above are: N=number of chips; C=amount in BTC. Please omit the square brackets, they are used as notation for mandatory fields.
Edit2: If you want all your orders refunded, you are free to add them up to cumulative numbers for N and C; otherwise, you can post one request per order to be refunded in your request.
Edit3: refund requests are final and cant't be canceled

If you want to keep waiting for your chips, just don't do anything right now.

Refunds will be distributed in full as soon as I receive them from Avalon.

Thanks for your support.
Activity: 518
August 29, 2013, 04:59:18 PM
Wow, what a depressing thread...
Activity: 963
Merit: 509
August 29, 2013, 04:39:56 PM
Full refund - a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
August 29, 2013, 03:59:48 PM
myself - i want the batch 3 delivered - since i've already paid for burnin assembly, and i'm loosing 50% of the money if this batch will be refunded.
also i have some small orders in other batches - those can be refunded if the delivery will take too long.

Zefir, btw can you ask Yifu what is the real situation about the chips that you've ordered - does he have them ready or not?
I am in similar situation... though, full refund would be better than get chips too late for get any considerable mining revenue.
Activity: 532
August 29, 2013, 03:24:38 PM
Answer me this - how is Burnin fucked?  He received lots of funds for orders he may never fill.
How is Zefir fucked?  He already earned 9.9 % of the cost of every chip for organizing the group buys (+-500 BTC).
A couple of days ago he sold 7000 Avalon chips at a profit to Bitmine. 

The only people fucked are us idiots who participated in the group buys and trusted Avalon  We are now left with garbage
if anything at all.  I really hope that the Asian ASIC cartel will kill Bitcoin.

zefir and burnin (and sebastian) are genuine and not greedy. they took fair prices and communicated almost daily with their customers.

what exactly went wrong with bitsyncom ?

Agreed, and I don't get it either.
Activity: 362
August 29, 2013, 03:04:43 PM
myself - i want the batch 3 delivered - since i've already paid for burnin assembly, and i'm loosing 50% of the money if this batch will be refunded.
also i have some small orders in other batches - those can be refunded if the delivery will take too long.

Zefir, btw can you ask Yifu what is the real situation about the chips that you've ordered - does he have them ready or not?
Activity: 560
Merit: 517
August 29, 2013, 02:45:42 PM
Full refund.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
August 29, 2013, 02:34:01 PM
Full refund.
Activity: 479
https://streamies.io/
August 29, 2013, 02:18:24 PM
So that would mean Yifu never ordered all of the chips from TSMC so what happened to all those coins?  Yifu would never refund if he paid and have ordered all the chips knowing that people will not be buying them even at a discount.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
August 29, 2013, 02:02:30 PM
I am all for full refund.
Activity: 360
August 29, 2013, 02:00:26 PM
FYI

I don't want a refund at this stage. I already ordered and paid for the assembly. I rather have my hardware and hash or sell it, instead of getting a refund from yifu which will likely take ages. I don't want next-gen chips from yifu, because I saw the lack of skills, trust and anything else on yifu's side. Best would be partial refund/compensation I think. Getting my btc back simply doesnt do it anymore at this stage for me.

I would:
ask for the chips asap and demand a compensation. If no compensation or chips - sue his ass!
A never ending story. That's what you want?
Activity: 525
..yeah
August 29, 2013, 01:58:16 PM
FYI

I don't want a refund at this stage. I already ordered and paid for the assembly. I rather have my hardware and hash or sell it, instead of getting a refund from yifu which will likely take ages. I don't want next-gen chips from yifu, because I saw the lack of skills, trust and anything else on yifu's side. Best would be partial refund/compensation I think. Getting my btc back simply doesnt do it anymore at this stage for me.

I would:
ask for the chips asap and demand a compensation. If no compensation or chips - sue his ass!
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
August 29, 2013, 01:21:54 PM
Let's wait and see....
Activity: 728
August 29, 2013, 11:58:34 AM
you pleople just like to complain....
In the ASIC world, them and Firedcat actually shipped something touchable in a reasonable ammount of time....let's talk about BFL or the other companies....let's see where we get...because of this euphoria of "FASTEST ASIC " with lowest  power consumption we got to all this shit....Everybody sells pre-orders and nobody delivers...

Actually bitfury is currently delivering the fastest asic with the lowest power consumption Smiley
At what price dude Cheesy

For a mere $8000, you can have a 400 GH BitFury miner!  Smiley
In first days of November Wink
Pages:
Jump to: