Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution - page 15. (Read 220127 times)

Activity: 563
Merit: 500
August 28, 2013, 07:23:52 PM
Option B would be the best outcome, though not for burnin and other developers.

Also not for customers who have already paid burnin.

Also not for those of us who don't want burnin to get seriously screwed by this, because we are looking forward to the Bitfury boards he's planning to design.

(I'm in SebastianJu's group buy, not zefir's)

Personally I don't quite see why 0.35BTC/Ghash for something you can't actually get hold of is such a gamechanger, anyway.  A BFL Single is 0.35BTC/Ghash for something you can't actually get hold of, too.

roy
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Supersonic
August 28, 2013, 07:23:22 PM
B then D.
There is no room for negotiations. They offered a no BS terms of sale... they need to be strict with it. The only reason i bought these chips was the no-BS sales pitch with very firm conditions.
Activity: 518
August 28, 2013, 07:18:48 PM
I am not involved in this group buy (i'm in steamboats), but may it come to D, Zefir you can PM me for a donation of several BTC to undertake legal action.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
August 28, 2013, 06:45:40 PM
Most prefered option C. as in partial refund on the chips to make up for the lost ROI without further dealings with Avalon.

Then option B.

Then option E.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
August 28, 2013, 06:32:18 PM
In other news, we are shipping as per usual like our last update and are doing the best we could but probably simply going to offer full refund soon, I am tired of this toxic community malformed by greed.

seems like Yifu will offer refunds soon™.
Activity: 532
August 28, 2013, 06:09:58 PM
i am fucked

Sorry man. I hate to read shit like that. Really, none of you deserve this. Sad

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
August 28, 2013, 05:54:59 PM
Update: Endgame
  • A. sit and wait
  • B. demand full refund
  • C. negotiate for compensation
  • D. legal action
This thread is none of my business, but no matter which option you are going to choose, please do one more thing.

+. educate yourselves on how business was and is really being done: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_of_credit . It will not help you much with your current problem, but you'll avoid repeating your mistakes in the future.

Or get a family and a wife and than you stop gambling with money which you could use to buy food for your child and something nice for your wife. Smiley

Helped me to stop bitcoinmadness before it was to late... now I won just buying and selling and buying and selling a preorder which I never had in hands. Smiley

Sorry for the last sentence, but some people should better think twice while searching for the pepetuum mobile.
Activity: 294
August 28, 2013, 05:51:37 PM
Although the batches ordered on the GBs I organized are still, more or less, within the 'promised' shipment time (the first with just over one week of delay) I just wanted to say the I will fully support any decision taken for other group buy's organizers and the buyers.

I think the more feasible option would be B and C and then 'E'. If C if the way to go then I suggest compensation is only accepted in the form of BTC back which percentage would have to be well estimated to fully allow ROI. Any other type of compensation will imply either, expending more money i.e. assembly or keep dealing with AVALON which I do not want to do never again i.e. next Gen chips.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068
August 28, 2013, 05:40:34 PM
Update: Endgame
  • A. sit and wait
  • B. demand full refund
  • C. negotiate for compensation
  • D. legal action
This thread is none of my business, but no matter which option you are going to choose, please do one more thing.

+. educate yourselves on how business was and is really being done: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_of_credit . It will not help you much with your current problem, but you'll avoid repeating your mistakes in the future.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 516
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 28, 2013, 05:37:17 PM
I'm in Sebastians batch 3. I fully advocate Zefirs suggestion, B, C and at least D.

Edit: Even though this criminal asshole would have deserved D immediate.

Same here. B, C and then D. Though I'm in SebastianJu's group buy. We need to take measures there too. Now.
Activity: 360
August 28, 2013, 05:29:28 PM
I'm in Sebastians batch 3. I fully advocate Zefirs suggestion, B, C and at least D.

Edit: Even though this criminal asshole would have deserved D immediate.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
August 28, 2013, 05:24:39 PM
The wallet address used to receive payment for these orders is still active as it seems 10,000BTC was moved recently.
https://blockchain.info/address/1FGAftzSTztFSB8LMwsrdCKTyqGY6zr3sU

I vote for option  b, c. If this fails, goto E  Lips sealed

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
August 28, 2013, 05:23:20 PM
Option D: I think even if giorgiomassa already asked a lawyer the next step should be to ask a lawyer how he sees the situation. Is a product description part with lead time anything Yifu could be sued about or is it nothing we can catch him on? Depending on that it decides if option D is an option.

Option A means having to check out how to minimize loss. Its probably the solution we have to go regardless if we want or not.

Option B would be the best outcome, though not for burnin and other developers.

Option C cant work. Even if you get 50% refund it would be only 25% refund because the chip price is only half of the price of a miner. Its different from Yifu refunding parts of a complete miner. Saying that... even when he would refund 100% and we could keep the chips we would have to pay for assembly and its not long until even that price wouldnt break even.

Its really sad to read that the chinese Avalon Chip Sellers are real. I saw a photo today that shows 500 Avalon Asics offered from a chinese reseller in Czech Republic. The chinese offers are real. So it looks to me like our chips are with those chinese resellers instead with us. If Yifu would have been scammed and an employee or someone in his line ordered more for himself he would have told us to redirect the blame from himself.
legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1000
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
August 28, 2013, 05:11:38 PM
I just lost 80% confidence in bitcoin
Activity: 457
August 28, 2013, 05:06:48 PM
Just my opinion about all of you guys suggesting the D option:

we have been evaluating that too with a community member that happens to be a lawyer, while an attracting option it is very, very, very, very hard that this will ever bring anything more than just further costs in lawsuits and lawyers, and it will take extremely long time. Let's be realistic: Bitsyncom's revenues are probably already somewhere else in the world (thanks to Bitcoins, obviously!) so the company is nothing more than an empty shell as of now, no assets to use to compensate the legal claims anyway  Sad so forget about that, we can just hope that Yifu will try to recover its already destroyed reputation by options B or C, otherwise somebody may become seriously angry and go directly to option E, which I won't mention here  Grin

If it is started as a class action, then they would be paid out of the recovery. Obviously it will take bitcoin knowledgeable lawyer(s) to invest in this action. I highly doubt YiFu has "no assets". Even if there is no way of recouping loses; YiFu can spend his time incarcerated and unable to spend/enjoy his precious bitcoins.
Activity: 222
August 28, 2013, 05:03:49 PM

we have been evaluating that too with a community member that happens to be a lawyer, while an attracting option it is very, very, very, very hard that this will ever bring anything more than just further costs in lawsuits and lawyers, and it will take extremely long time. Let's be realistic: Bitsyncom's revenues are probably already somewhere else in the world (thanks to Bitcoins, obviously!) so the company is nothing more than an empty shell as of now, no assets to use to compensate the legal claims anyway  Sad so forget about that, we can just hope that Yifu will try to recover its already destroyed reputation by options B or C, otherwise somebody may become seriously angry and go directly to option E, which I won't mention here  Grin
If he directly took our payments and resold them to other buyers there is plenty of legal ramifications that he will have to explain..I would be happy just to see that asshole in court having to answer to a judge as to where the chips went. They obviously have control over thousands of the BTC, he is full of shit if he says anything else

Unfortunately there is plenty of ways to move revenues outside of a company by using other companies (special purpose vehicle), if he's using Chinese companies then you'll never get to demonstrate anything  Sad

There is one thing though: last time I checked, the wallet where he got payments for the ASICs was left untouched and Yifu failed to answer to the questions when he was asked to justify how could the money be "gone to pay the foundry" if the bitcoins were still there. In a lawsuit he could however say something like "Oh damn I lost the private key, it was in my USB dongle and my dog ate it!", so once again, either he's going to save its reputation willingly or there's no way that option D will bring anything positive.
legendary
Activity: 861
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
August 28, 2013, 04:53:46 PM
B, C and then D, like Zefir suggested.

+1111 
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
August 28, 2013, 04:49:36 PM
I cant believe that the mining industry went this far, people paid 50 BTC for blades few months ago and never made ROI, now they are selling for 3.5 BTC, Avalon did mine with customer Units and fucked up all shipping plans, millions of dollars are at the edge, BFL still didn't deliver orders from last year and still have no problem to announce a new product for pre-order.

I became so sensitive about the word pre-oreder, I cant even explain how much I get upset when I hear it, it made me so blind that I bought 3 BFL Jalas from a friend for 500€ each, just when I plugged them I thought what the f**k did I do.....

something needs to be done here, Mining with my GPUs was way better then this shit .

how to explain a ponzi scheme ? isn't this the biggest one ? aren't we the guys down the pyramid ?
Activity: 232
August 28, 2013, 04:49:19 PM

If he directly took our payments and resold them to other buyers there is plenty of legal ramifications that he will have to explain..I would be happy just to see that asshole in court having to answer to a judge as to where the chips went. They obviously have control over thousands of the BTC, he is full of shit if he says anything else
legendary
Activity: 1036
/dev/null
August 28, 2013, 04:47:24 PM

+1, very nice summary
Pages:
Jump to: