Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution - page 18. (Read 220127 times)

mjb
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
August 17, 2013, 04:45:32 AM
More chips might be on their way to Switzerland:

at the moment of writing, another 130k chips have gone out, and will proceed to ship more as we get them. ( and no, they are not samples.)
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
August 17, 2013, 12:49:19 AM
only 10 chips need to be shipped to burnin, should i pay S&H?
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
August 16, 2013, 07:53:23 PM
If anyone still in wants a refund give me a pm. I am willing to take some chips off of peoples hands
Activity: 336
August 15, 2013, 05:32:04 PM
paid & pm sent
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
Activity: 434
August 14, 2013, 01:59:35 PM
No refund for me, I'll just wait it out. Already pre-paid for my bitburners too. Smiley
donator
Activity: 919
Merit: 1000
August 14, 2013, 01:50:52 PM
Update: new Manufacturer added, Chip Refunds / Re-Sale, Shipping and Handling Payments

I received a call from DHL customs department notifying me that the sample chips for my last late batch were held back due to improper declaration. While for itself not a positive news, it implies that there is some movement at Avalon side again. We might get all remaining batches in bulk once the issues are sorted out (yeah, I know, thats pure calculated optimism, but let us keep some faith).

Sorry if the answer is obvious but does "last late batch" mean the next batch coming or the first batch which was already delivered?

I appreciated that you are being kind enough to buy chips back at their original value. However, I think that people who request refunds shouldn't expect to be able to ask face value anymore though (other threads offer whole 10k chip orders at 75% of original price). Late delivery was one thing we all accepted the risk of when we joined this buy.

Given the current situation, due to ROI concerns I wouldn't want to pick up more chips unless there was some incentive. (ie. less than the original cost).

By 'last late batch' I meant that one that was first canceled by Avalon (due to delayed payment) and was restored afterwards.

As for the refunds: I always wrote that I process refunds on a goodwill basis. So far, I bought back from people who gave me good reasons to support them (family, failed design, ran out of coins to produce boards, etc.), which implies that I am not going to process refunds for customers trying to offload the initial risk at me.

Right now, the chips are still worth more than their face value - but this will soon not be the case any more. Then the free market will take over and find a fair value for the chips - which might be 75% or even only 5% Sad
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
August 14, 2013, 11:49:26 AM
Update: new Manufacturer added, Chip Refunds / Re-Sale, Shipping and Handling Payments

I received a call from DHL customs department notifying me that the sample chips for my last late batch were held back due to improper declaration. While for itself not a positive news, it implies that there is some movement at Avalon side again. We might get all remaining batches in bulk once the issues are sorted out (yeah, I know, thats pure calculated optimism, but let us keep some faith).

Sorry if the answer is obvious but does "last late batch" mean the next batch coming or the first batch which was already delivered?

I appreciated that you are being kind enough to buy chips back at their original value. However, I think that people who request refunds shouldn't expect to be able to ask face value anymore though (other threads offer whole 10k chip orders at 75% of original price). Late delivery was one thing we all accepted the risk of when we joined this buy.

Given the current situation, due to ROI concerns I wouldn't want to pick up more chips unless there was some incentive. (ie. less than the original cost).
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
August 14, 2013, 11:40:49 AM
FYI another group buy organizer (technobit thread) mentioned recently that he received some sample chips with no prior notification/tracking information/change of status of the order etc.

So hopefully things have started moving again.

Yes I can confirm that we got additional samples too yesterday, with no notification and this time with DHL.... I also think that they're moving again...
Activity: 457
August 14, 2013, 11:24:21 AM
Zefir. Professional and prompt. You see YiFu, it isn't that hard.  Cry
donator
August 14, 2013, 10:59:56 AM

As for the other updates:

New shipping destination: nekonos

As requested, I have added nekonos to the list of shipping destinations for those who want their boards manufactured there.

Chip refunds / re-sales
Due to the chip delivery delay, I am receiving an increasing number of refund requests. I bought back as much as I could afford, now I am approaching my liquidity limits. Therefore, I can offer refunds for only a limited remaining volume. After that, I will refund only if I have someone interested in buying more chips. The re-sale process will be as described before: bought-back chips are put into the back of the queue (8th batch) with the following orders shifting up in the queue. Those re-sold ones are always from the last batch.

If Avalon ships all batches in bulk, this is irrelevant, otherwise please be aware of this fact.

Shipping & Handling Payments
The first batch of chips made it to Switzerland declared basically worthless (<$100), which resulted in a low payment to DHL. This might be different with the next batches (see above: sample chips kept back at customs), so it is hard to estimate that cost component for all future shipments. At the same time I understand that those of you who already received their chips would like to pay S&H and be done with it. Therefore I need to ask for S&H based on uncertain data as follows:

There is one common address to send S&H payments to: 184g4gAJqtM1BTDmDwRPB4AokXbqtZ2wnG

For each shipment, after receiving the chips, please pay S&H of
  • 0.3 BTC if you had shipped
    • up to 20 chips to your private address
    • up to 100 chips to a manufacturer
  • 0.4 BTC if you had shipped
    • up to 100 chips to your private address
    • up to 500 chips to a manufacturer
  • 0.5 BTC if you had shipped more than that

If you don't like the fee schedule or don't have the coins to pay, you can get S&H costs donated. Just state so publicly in this thread.

To identify your payment, please send from the address you registered for shipping. If your client does not support sending from a specific address, pleas PM me with your payment details to assign it correctly.
Activity: 196
I love Bitcoin
August 14, 2013, 08:37:40 AM
seem like YIFU is send the 30pcs sample chip per 10000pcs order..

hopefully he clear up the ordering for the April 1st. Everyone is losing time on this..
Activity: 154
August 14, 2013, 06:25:41 AM

I think i can help .
Yesterday I got 30 chips from nowhere...
Sent from hong kong. No update on Avalon order page. Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
August 14, 2013, 06:18:23 AM
FYI another group buy organizer (technobit thread) mentioned recently that he received some sample chips with no prior notification/tracking information/change of status of the order etc.

Recent - as in this week kind of recent?  Do you know exactly when?
Activity: 154
August 14, 2013, 03:34:01 AM

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:13:05 PM
Anyone have a projected drop date for ROI in terms of coins?

Try using this: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

At the moment diff changes +94% each 30 days... thats big...
I love Bitcoin
August 13, 2013, 06:49:48 AM
@Zefir,  any update for the chip after Yifu made the update statement? are Avalon going to ship the order date April 20?

As already written: I will share any news about the chips I get from Avalon immediately in this thread. Me remaining speechless just means there are no news Sad

thanks Zefir for the reply.
donator
August 13, 2013, 06:47:44 AM
@Zefir,  any update for the chip after Yifu made the update statement? are Avalon going to ship the order date April 20?

As already written: I will share any news about the chips I get from Avalon immediately in this thread. Me remaining speechless just means there are no news Sad
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 12, 2013, 10:49:42 PM
Anyone have a projected drop date for ROI in terms of coins?
I love Bitcoin
August 12, 2013, 10:37:54 PM
Pages:
Jump to: