Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution - page 21. (Read 220127 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
August 02, 2013, 12:33:50 PM
@Zefir
I'm not pushing or anything, but at what point are you thinking to contact Avalon via ticket or whatever to learn the ETA on the next batch?   ..not that I think they will reply so easily :/
+1
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
August 02, 2013, 12:08:22 PM
@Zefir
I'm not pushing or anything, but at what point are you thinking to contact Avalon via ticket or whatever to learn the ETA on the next batch?   ..not that I think they will reply so easily :/
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
August 02, 2013, 12:03:54 PM

What im really amazed is... the customers of avalon made a ruckus (me too) about shipping the chips and not delaying them artificially. Then yifu send 7 miners to coinhoarder, logs into the forum 2 times and the masses are calm again... great. Throw a breadcrumb and all is fine again for a week or so. *sigh*

Computer ate my post  Angry , but basically Avalon is getting too close to BFL tactics for my liking. Where are all the chips pictured not so long ago "ready to be shipped" or whatever? If you are waiting for Avalon to ship chips, you should NOT be fine with what is going on.

Refund difficulty % increases beyond 8 weeks and maybe that will endear me/us to Avalon again.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
August 01, 2013, 04:01:07 PM
Indeed. If they dont deliver by the end of august ALL chips, they shouldnt bother to ship at all, and should refund.

with interest.

Not even sure that end of august will be alright. Bitfury looks like to ship in mid august and i they will add a hell lot of hashing power. Also does KNC Miner look like they are able to ship there devices at september. Those units are far more competitive if you take watt consumption into count.

Lets hope they will ship really soon, otherwise were fucked ?: )

It only means they can be longer profitable when the power cost will become a factor. But the most important thing is to make roi. As far as i see bitfury and kncminer only are around half the price of, for example avalon chip + assembly. But at the moment the difficulty is rising 62% each month. That means when those miners are ready a month later there is already no advantage anymore. The only advantage comes with power consumption, but that will come into game in some months only. And if its at this stage the miners wont bring much income anymore at all.
And will kncminer and bitfury really bring out ready made miners at that time? I mean they are starters and till now every new company had problems with their miners at the start. Its likely that will happen again.

What im really amazed is... the customers of avalon made a ruckus (me too) about shipping the chips and not delaying them artificially. Then yifu send 7 miners to coinhoarder, logs into the forum 2 times and the masses are calm again... great. Throw a breadcrumb and all is fine again for a week or so. *sigh*

I really dont like looking at this list: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ and seeing my income melting away. Not cool to know that its the same for nearly everyone that bought an asic (besides customers of bitfountain(asicminer)).
Activity: 339
Vice versa is not a meal.
August 01, 2013, 03:22:10 PM
Indeed. If they dont deliver by the end of august ALL chips, they shouldnt bother to ship at all, and should refund.

with interest.

Not even sure that end of august will be alright. Bitfury looks like to ship in mid august and i they will add a hell lot of hashing power. Also does KNC Miner look like they are able to ship there devices at september. Those units are far more competitive if you take watt consumption into count.

Lets hope they will ship really soon, otherwise were fucked ?: )
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
August 01, 2013, 02:28:54 PM

with interest.
Activity: 457
August 01, 2013, 02:08:58 PM
Avalon has about 30 days (maximum) to get ALL chips in these group buys delivered, if you ask me.

What are the chances of an Avalon refund?  Cheesy Sad
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Good News, Batch3 is going to ship now, that means more Chips will delivered soon.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2837153 (its German but just follow the links in that post)

I doubt it. Why are you so sure the chips will also be delivered?

If you look at Zefir's order numbers there is quite a gap between them even tho they were only order hours/days apart.  I know at first it was speculated that the orders didn't represent the true volume of chip sales but perhaps it did?  There could be 200 orders in between batch#1 & #2.  This would explain a lot.

I think its more likely that those numbers in between were interested persons. Such shops create an order number for each person that do certain things in shop. It does not mean that so much orders are in between. In fact its possible that no order is in between. Anyway... if more batches were shipping the info would have found its way here in.
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
Good News, Batch3 is going to ship now, that means more Chips will delivered soon.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2837153 (its German but just follow the links in that post)

If you look at Zefir's order numbers there is quite a gap between them even tho they were only order hours/days apart.  I know at first it was speculated that the orders didn't represent the true volume of chip sales but perhaps it did?  There could be 200 orders in between batch#1 & #2.  This would explain a lot.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10

Activity: 317
Merit: 252
In Rarity I trust!

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
So, chips ordered on 16th of april were produced in mid june, and delivered after 30 days.

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Zefir can you or someone who have new chips in hand read this number on chip
Hi, sent all chips and didn't keep a single one to check. Those receiving them will maybe soon be able to respond.

Week 25 ( 16-22 june) i look on OROBANK picture
22 July zafir receive tracking number that is 30 days delay....
donator
Activity: 919
Merit: 1000
Received my 300 Batch 1 chips today.  Thanks.  They're sooo small; I was expecting a larger package.

Now I've gotta turn them around and ship them to various makers.  One of them will have to wait for my Batch 7 chips.

what did the item description say? And what amount did zefir put on it?

"SAMPLE CHIPS", 25 EUR

More precisely: 0.1 CHF per chip, 30 CHF for 300 chips, somewhere around 25€.

This is what looked reasonable to me, and since most destinations are either in EU or US, it does not really matter.

If someone needs a different declaration, please PM me.
legendary
Activity: 966
Received my 300 Batch 1 chips today.  Thanks.  They're sooo small; I was expecting a larger package.

Now I've gotta turn them around and ship them to various makers.  One of them will have to wait for my Batch 7 chips.

"SAMPLE CHIPS", 25 EUR
Activity: 322
Supersonic
confirmation:
100 avalon chip was successfully  delivered
Thank you,  Zefir!

Activity: 448
Since batch 2 and 3 finished a day or two after batch 1, is it wrong to assume batch 2 and 3 would ship/arrive within days of batch 1?

Obviously, since they didn't...
Activity: 178
Merit: 101
That is the big question....
Activity: 434
Since batch 2 and 3 finished a day or two after batch 1, is it wrong to assume batch 2 and 3 would ship/arrive within days of batch 1?
donator
Activity: 919
Update: Mitten Mining added as shipping destination

As requested, sensei's Mitten Mining has been added to the list of shipping destinations.
Pages:
Jump to: