Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution - page 22. (Read 220127 times)

Activity: 339
Merit: 250
Vice versa is not a meal.
Question of the week: will batch 2 arrive this week ?.
Who knows, we dont know. : )

Lets try a little linear interpolation of shipping dates, just for personal interests.
Last known AVALON B3 order is somewhere #95xx, so lets assume last B3 Order was #5599;
First Chip Order would be #9600 then. First Chip order, i know of,  was shipped on July 15 ?(http://)
Our first order was shipped on 22.July with #9725 this would be 125 Orders delivered in 7 days.
(125 / 7) =  17,857 = P

Zefir B2 : #9921 -> deltaOrders: 321 Orders difference from first Chip batch.
(deltaOrders / P = deltaT [in days from first delivery])
 321 / 17,857 = 17,976 Days ~ 18 days from 15. July

Now more precisive for the whole batch (i rounded up)
Zefir B1 22. July
Zefir B2 02. August
Zefir B3 09. August
Zefir B4 13. August
Zefir B5 15. August
Zefir B6 16. August
Zefir B7 16. August
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
This is directly from the last email update Avalon sent out on July 11th. Note that the update says nothing about delaying bulk chip shipments. It would be nice if Bitsyncom would provide a status update so we all don't need to speculate on status and assume the worst.

In Summary

- Trade-in emails are going out at the same time as this newsletter.
- The chips is scheduled to start delivering mid-july in order which they were purchased.
- Batch three starts shipping mid-july, expected to finish within 2 weeks as there is no order issues unlike batch #2
- Part of batch #3 will have different design as we continue to improve our unit.
- Once batch three starts shipping and no problem arises, we will begin taking orders for upgrade modules.
- upgrade modules will be in-stock as there is no pre-order, delivery time frame 3-5 days.
- Next generation chip is in the works, 55nm will not be very different physically for backward compatibility.
- We will make announcement at least 2 month prior of 55nm release so those who purchase our generation one chip will not be in the dark.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

Manufacturing is always much harder than people think when they start so I can understand why both Avalon and BFL have difficulty in making actual hardware. Whatever issues Avalon have in making units, or if they delay shipping chips because of batch3, it will all be totally irrelevant with the newer generations of chips arriving as they appear to be in the next few weeks.  

Exactly thats the problem. Batch 3 Miners should be shipped on may 5th... thats 3 months delay. Check out this website: http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/ and you see the problem with that. And this is the reason yifu gave refunds. The chips still are profitable... but that isnt extendable forever too. The more with 62% rise in difficulty each month and the upcoming newer generations. The chips cant be delayed only because another product has production problems. The chips dont need any production at Bitsyncom. They only need to be shipped.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
community must lose money once, then will start thinking who deserve her trust
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
@zefir: What was the declared price on those 10.000 chips?

I wrote it here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2793581, the package was declared valueless ($20).

Arent the batch 2 and 3 ordered at the same day and batch 1 4 days before? But i think yifu shipped one batch to show that he will do it and the complaints about the missing chips are less.

AFAIR, I ordered the 2nd batch the same day, but it changed its status to 'Confirmed' 4 days after. Anyhow, the shipping delay is significantly longer than the ordering delay, and I don't get why, since from what I understood the 1M chips in order are already produced.

Ah ok. I think yifu wants to play "fair" for batch 3 miner customers. Which is useless anyway when watching the difficulty. I think its even worse to do so because then the problem one product is having is spread on the next so that even more customers get problems. I specifically liked the idea of ordering chips because the chips are proven to work. Nothing can go wrong. Produce and ship. But now let them lay around?

Manufacturing is always much harder than people think when they start so I can understand why both Avalon and BFL have difficulty in making actual hardware. Whatever issues Avalon have in making units, or if they delay shipping chips because of batch3, it will all be totally irrelevant with the newer generations of chips arriving as they appear to be in the next few weeks.  
legendary

I wrote it here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2793581, the package was declared valueless ($20).

Arent the batch 2 and 3 ordered at the same day and batch 1 4 days before? But i think yifu shipped one batch to show that he will do it and the complaints about the missing chips are less.

AFAIR, I ordered the 2nd batch the same day, but it changed its status to 'Confirmed' 4 days after. Anyhow, the shipping delay is significantly longer than the ordering delay, and I don't get why, since from what I understood the 1M chips in order are already produced.

Ah ok. I think yifu wants to play "fair" for batch 3 miner customers. Which is useless anyway when watching the difficulty. I think its even worse to do so because then the problem one product is having is spread on the next so that even more customers get problems. I specifically liked the idea of ordering chips because the chips are proven to work. Nothing can go wrong. Produce and ship. But now let them lay around?
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
just part of the game.....

hope that the different orders will be sent in 1 shipment.
donator
Activity: 919
Merit: 1000

m5
Activity: 82
At least here in Switzerland DHL operates an own import department where VAT and customs are processed and you get charged within one week after parcel was delivered. Most often they take the declared value of gods from the attached documents and add some processing fee (like 40 CHF per processed parcel), but I also had cases where they re-estimated value (e.g. on used goods with obviously too low price tags).
legendary
Am I assuming correctly that there is still no news about batch 2 chips being shipped?  Undecided

Yes, as already said: news will be posted as soon as I have them - so no news for the next batches so far.

Given that batch 2 was ordered the same day as the first, I would not have expected 2 weeks delay (already by now) between them. We know that chips are already made, so we can only speculate why they are not shipped out fast. It won't help, so let's sit and wait.

legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
Sry but i can't find Q&A on burnin thread   Sad

oops, was this thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2797757
Sry but i can't find Q&A on burnin thread   Sad
legendary
Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003
Yes, as already said: news will be posted as soon as I have them - so no news for the next batches so far.

Given that batch 2 was ordered the same day as the first, I would not have expected 2 weeks delay (already by now) between them. We know that chips are already made, so we can only speculate why they are not shipped out fast. It won't help, so let's sit and wait.
Sry again me... can you ask burnin (maybe you in contact with him) to look number for week on chip ?

This Q was asked & replied to on Burnin's thread Wink

Sry again me... can you ask burnin (maybe you in contact with him) to look number for week on chip ?
donator
Am I assuming correctly that there is still no news about batch 2 chips being shipped?  Undecided

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Activity: 18
I want try to resell, just seraching how to do it Smiley
If no one want to buy them, i will PM you. Thanks Zefir!
donator
Hello!
I want to sell my 150 chips on batch #5 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1973383, ID 04.
Zefir, is it possible?

You want to give them back to me for a full refund, or to re-sell to someone else? The latter would work (process is described already), for the refund please PM me.
Activity: 18
Hello!
I want to sell my 150 chips on batch #5 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1973383, ID 04.
Zefir, is it possible?
donator
Shipping Notification Batch 1

From batch 1 orders the following ones had no valid shipping data and were skipped:
Code:
Chips	Address
------------------------------------------
30 1B9WDgtyDmqrqyMFp63mqTiiGsat5CQLyM
20 1MarbLezGShArudGnm7o1Z7K9iQQ9CdKU4
10 12B6RWnmeF8Rji2JTLDizMN9NTH4sZUYwD
30 1Q8ECj9GzWhhp9Vi2WqYnNP7msMQwvxrT9
50 1C4XvmnGkWkWzbHUvTK3x2cpkeZjfY51bg
50 13FdjGU6P6q6ypqWVQ2fJpF93ikTKTH2yS
10 14r1y5Roeoia26nqq4JiQrywXNsKfZ3s9D
10 1HbXGfG7rJ4X4A7ite4rBfs1DKzXdVVDj4
40 1ENc8QsvnMc3jDoYqh8jkycqS37MQM47Ep

If your order is on the list and you planned to send your chips to burnin, marto74 or strombom for board production, it is not yet too late: you have a final chance to enter and lock their destination during the next 48 hours (2013-07-28T18:00) to be included in the lists I will provide to the manufacturers. Otherwise you will get the chips with the next batch.
Pages:
Jump to: