Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED] Avalon ASIC chip distribution - page 20. (Read 220127 times)

legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000
August 05, 2013, 06:03:01 AM
we could also make a grouptrip...
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
August 05, 2013, 06:00:16 AM
Maybe we have to start a groupbuy for a ticket to China for Zefir...
eve
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 04, 2013, 10:00:28 PM
Next Time don't do group buy.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Supersonic
August 04, 2013, 06:48:44 PM
If Yifu Doesn't deliver them till the end of this month he shouldn't bother to deliver them at all.
If he deliver all in same time that is 350Th
275Th+350TH = 625 Th --->  90 mil...

So only if he deliver slow some of us can ROI....
If deliver all in same time we all lose money.

Translation: If he delivers slow, some people will ROI but most people will loose all their money but he he delivers all, everyone will loose some money.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
August 04, 2013, 06:26:24 PM
Depends on his goals/idealism... and how far he is willing to take it.
If he wait, BFL delivered and we lose money...
Only refund save us...
August 04, 2013, 06:22:50 PM
If Yifu Doesn't deliver them till the end of this month he shouldn't bother to deliver them at all.
If he deliver all in same time that is 350Th
275Th+350TH = 625 Th --->  90 mil...

So only if he deliver slow some of us can ROI....
If deliver all in same time we all lose money.

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
August 04, 2013, 06:18:55 PM
Depends on his goals/idealism... and how far he is willing to take it.

I believe it was referenced somewhere that he was interested in protecting the network more than enriching miners.  Sending out chips at just the point in time when they might be profitable is a guaranteed way ensure that those chips quickly get put directly on to the network.  Resellers would have a tough time if the ROI potential is already thin. 

One thing that flies in the face of this speculation is the refund offer that was made for B3 avalons, as this would be a similar situation. 

I think Yifu is complicated  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076
^ Will code for Bitcoins
August 04, 2013, 06:11:00 PM
Maybe this table help

So any Avalon miner delivered to us latter than seven weeks from now will never ROI. It means Avalon has approximately 5 weeks to deliver all the batches, since group buyers and Burnin need at least 1-2 weeks to move the chips around, produce and ship finished miners. If Yifu Doesn't deliver them till the end of this month he shouldn't bother to deliver them at all.
August 04, 2013, 03:33:51 PM
oh man, all i want is to get my money back and then have some extra bitcoins to play with.
i hope, that is still/will be possible...

Depends when you batch is ordered.
We know for sure that minimum 1.000.000 chips from Avalon ordered. That is 350Th power.
If only half go online before you have miner diff will be 270Th + 175 TH = 445 TH --->  62 mil.
But you must count on B3 (just delivered), BFL, bitfury...
Many of us lose money for sure...

Maybe this table help
http://imageshack.us/a/img708/9004/2vbw.jpg

Activity: 322
August 04, 2013, 07:59:00 AM
Any updates on shipping ?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:44:52 AM
Its useless to open tickets. There is no support at the moment.
Doing nothing is useless.
Doing something can get something to move.

But it mean that you, as customer, have a right to ask every day about delivery.
It doenst matter have you paid in bitcoins or dollars, its paid price, almost 80000 USD.
I think in real life if you had order for 80kUSD delayed by 2-3 weeks you would at least emailed every day about it.

I agree with you. Trying something is better then doing nothing since only trying has the chance to change something. The reason i wrote this is that i realized that Yifu dont want to answer. I called him for days 2-4 times a hour and he clicked me away or let it ring out. He will not answer. The same goes for voice recorder messages.

And tickets? He reads the topic, i know this, but thats it. He wont solve a ticket even when it could be done in a minute. He prefers to collect piles of tickets instead.
The only thing i do now is sending a ticket occassionally to remind him.
Activity: 360
August 02, 2013, 04:40:43 PM
Never, ever buy again from these suckers.
Activity: 317
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
August 02, 2013, 04:19:52 PM
I don't really have an issue with a reasonable delay on Avalon chips being sent out as long as its related to only the Avalon chips being manufactured. What I'd have a HUGE problem with is if our Avalon chips that we paid for are sitting in the back of a warehouse because Avalon B3 orders are having problems being assembled and shipped out. To me this sounds like our chips are being held back so the Avalon B3 purchasers can recoup there outrageous prices they paid at the cost of the DIY Avalon designs.

If Avalon is actually doing this, they are going to piss off way more DIY miners as compared with the smaller number of Avalon B3 people who ASSUMED the risk to begin with. This is partially why many of us decided to go with the DIY build. I have orders with Avalon and Bitfury designs, and I can say one thing for sure, Bitfury design and practice up to this point seems significantly more professional.

When Avalon comes out with a 2nd gen chip, this is going to come back and bite them in the ass. I'm sure they'll still sell a lot, but what about potential revenue lost from irate customers.
Activity: 178
Merit: 101
August 02, 2013, 03:51:15 PM
oh man, all i want is to get my money back and then have some extra bitcoins to play with.

i hope, that is still/will be possible...
legendary
^ Will code for Bitcoins
August 02, 2013, 03:48:11 PM
Let us keep calm for some more time and join the crowd that is waiting for their Avalon devices for way longer than we did so far. I am in contact with other folks who have orders with Avalon and all share the same fate, therefore I frankly don't see anything we can do for now.

donator
Activity: 919
Merit: 1000
August 02, 2013, 02:59:23 PM
But it mean that you, as customer, have a right to ask every day about delivery.
It doenst matter have you paid in bitcoins or dollars, its paid price, almost 80000 USD.
I think in real life if you had order for 80kUSD delayed by 2-3 weeks you would at least emailed every day about it.

There is no email on witch you can sand mails every day, there is only support-ticket system. Old tickets are not being resolved, you can only open new ones. Opening the new ones can only decrease the chance each ticket will be answered, since Avalon is already flooded with them and obviously ignoring them. There are people with dosen unanswered tickets. Nothing can be done at this point.

I had this all already  Cry

For sure I am the last person here who is satisfied with how things go, but as already written in this and other threads, it turned out that this is exactly what Avalon meant with 'zero support'. Opening tickets that are ignored does not help, calling a phone number that is either busy or processed by an (already full) voice box does not help, as well as it does not help to spam some email addresses that never get answered.

We need to admit that we are at the short end of the stick. I personally realized how stupid and blind I was to collect and sent BTC worth $700k based on a promise we knew was not kept before. It is not even a cold comfort to know all buyers have also been euphoric and blinded by potential gains to ignore the risks involved.

Let us keep calm for some more time and join the crowd that is waiting for their Avalon devices for way longer than we did so far. I am in contact with other folks who have orders with Avalon and all share the same fate, therefore I frankly don't see anything we can do for now.
Activity: 457
legendary
^ Will code for Bitcoins
August 02, 2013, 01:56:12 PM

There is no email on witch you can sand mails every day, there is only support-ticket system. Old tickets are not being resolved, you can only open new ones. Opening the new ones can only decrease the chance each ticket will be answered, since Avalon is already flooded with them and obviously ignoring them. There are people with dosen unanswered tickets. Nothing can be done at this point.
Activity: 453
Merit: 101
RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE
August 02, 2013, 01:44:26 PM
Doing nothing is useless.
Doing something can get something to move.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:42:53 PM
Pages:
Jump to: