Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 104. (Read 274784 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Fudge..  Error just popped up again..    Cry
Any word on how the Mt Gox connection is doing today?    I am at work so cant check it..  

Thanks!

No issues at all today. It's been good since yesterday evening.

Hummmm  Just got home and it's having the same old issues for me..   Cry

Yes. I just got on the computer and once again, I'm getting the error message.

The only way to protect against a low sell/high buy is to watch the trend and trade manually until the API goes up again.

Could you please reset the bot Pangia?

Please go here: chrome://extensions/?id=dpbjalfjaflkohagighidnjkbpmdodhb

Uncheck the "enabled" button, wait a few seconds and reenable it. Please let us know if that helps.

Pablo.

I just did and it seems so far good Pablo.  Lets keep our fingers crossed..

legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
Any word on how the Mt Gox connection is doing today?    I am at work so cant check it..  

Thanks!

The only way to protect against a low sell/high buy is to watch the trend and trade manually until the API goes up again.

Could you please reset the bot Pangia?

Please go here: chrome://extensions/?id=dpbjalfjaflkohagighidnjkbpmdodhb

Uncheck the "enabled" button, wait a few seconds and reenable it. Please let us know if that helps.

Pablo.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Thanks!

legendary
Is anyone still having issues with the Gox API alert message?

Pablo.
legendary
I have a question Fible.

If I am running the bot from two different computers, and say one bot has different settings than the other, which one actually sends requests, or will both attempt to at the same time?

this is fine, as long as you have different api keys assigned to each one. The nonce on is something to be aware of.

Yes, that's perfectly correct!

Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I have a question Fible.

If I am running the bot from two different computers, and say one bot has different settings than the other, which one actually sends requests, or will both attempt to at the same time?

this is fine, as long as you have different api keys assigned to each one. The nonce on is something to be aware of.

Thanks!

Activity: 239
I have a question Fible.

Activity: 406
Any word on how the Mt Gox connection is doing today?    I am at work so cant check it.. 

Thanks!

Any word on how the Mt Gox connection is doing today?    I am at work so cant check it.. 

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
legendary
I thought maybe it was cached...   Thanks Pablo...

Whatever you need Kuroth Smiley.

Pablo.
I thought maybe it was cached...   Thanks Pablo...
legendary
Pablo just curious as to why is it when I mouse over the Bot Icon it always correctly shows my balance at MT Gox?   I always thought this was a indication the bot was connected ok to Mt Gox?   Or is there like 2 different type of connections?  One that shows balance and one that does the trades?

Just wondering..

Kuroth,
  Just got this from the developer:

"(Even when the Gox API crashes) The bot eventually is successful in asking for the funds and shows the numbers in the pop-up when you hover the icon. When the next attempt to get the funds fails it will show the error message but it will still show the old numbers from the last time it was successful.

There aren't two different types of connections it's just that the numbers are cached."

I hope that this answers your questions Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Pablo just curious as to why is it when I mouse over the Bot Icon it always correctly shows my balance at MT Gox?   I always thought this was a indication the bot was connected ok to Mt Gox?   Or is there like 2 different type of connections?  One that shows balance and one that does the trades?

Just wondering..

Kuroth,

I'm actually not sure about that, let me forward your query to the lead developer and I will get back to you on that ASAP Smiley.

Pablo.

Just wondering..

Activity: 309
XZed,
  You are using appropriate settings to replicate Gomboo's suggestions. The discussion our friends are having is about whether shorter time frames would not be better on BTC-E to take advantage of the different market. I really can't speak to this as we haven't back tested it; another of the reasons we are pushing hard to get the back testing engine out the door Smiley.

Pablo.

Thank you Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
Pablo should we be concerned?  My bot "seems" to be working but every time now that I click on it, it has the error on the top trying to reconnect?

But if I just mouse over it, I can see my balance ok...  Almost like its not really having issue but saying its having API issues???

Also looks like it did a buy at 1 or 2 am this morning ok..  I went to bed short and now I am long..

So what should we do???

Thanks!

Same issue here Kuroth. My bot missed the entry to buy this morning on mtgox several times because of the API issue. Then, because it "holds" the buy order until the API is up again, it did so when BTC was a $1 more than it had sold it for the day before. Not the bots fault, but its just frustrating. I know that you have to be patient with the EMA trading strategy, but this whole API thing is a real bummer.

The bot seems to want to do its job, unfortunately however, the mtgox API is making it a losing strategy at this point.
I have seen that happen plenty of times.

Perhaps if the Bot keeps tabs on the last sold price it wouldn't commit such obvious mistakes?

EDIT: I misspoke when I said the transaction was pushed through our server, currently the bot only gets the price list from the server, I got confused with some development we have been discussing for future versions to help with certain issues. Please accept my apologies if I confused anyone.

It sounds like there is an important feature coming up?
legendary
BTC-E has more volatility, but at lower EMA values. For example if you were to look at it in terms of 15 to 30 minute frequencies you'll see it's a bit more volatile short term. Gox is more volatile long term, which is why 1 hour + frequencies tend to yield better payoffs.

Thanks Dresdenreader.  I'm playing on the 1 hour so I'm on gox until they go belly up or someone hopefully surpasses them.

Does this mean that I'm not using the right time frame (1h) with BTC-e :/ ?

XZed,
  You are using appropriate settings to replicate Gomboo's suggestions. The discussion our friends are having is about whether shorter time frames would not be better on BTC-E to take advantage of the different market. I really can't speak to this as we haven't back tested it; another of the reasons we are pushing hard to get the back testing engine out the door Smiley.

Pablo.
Jump to: