Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 102. (Read 274784 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Dumb Question but the Buy and SellThreshold 1's only trigger the Email that a Buy or Sell is imminent correct?   Its the Buy and Sell Threshold 2's where the trade is triggered correct?

legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
Not doing real great the last few weeks..  Not the Bot or EMA's fault at all..  Just that BTC as been sideways most of the last 3 weeks..

I am getting slowly eating away with Trade fees, and slippage..  (Mt Gox must love it)  LOL

In watching this now for a few weeks, we need at least a 0.30 swing in BTC price to make even a small profit..

I guess this is where patience comes in..    All it will take is one or two 0.40 or 0.60 swings up for us to make a decent profit..(Like the one back around the End of Jun into July.  Wish I had been running this then..   Lips sealed)

This is one reason I would LOVE to be able to apply EMA and use a bot against some of the Funds on BitFunder..  There are some huge swings over there on some funds..  I would think if you had a Bot that could trade there using EMA you you could make some serious $$$$$ Over a years time..

Kuroth,
  I'm going to look into the Bitfunder idea. It's nothing we can do right now, but sounds interesting. We have to do a lot of research, but I'll discuss it with the dev team, sounds like a good idea Smiley.

Pablo.

Yea I figured it could be tricky and maybe not even possible..  But if it is, you(we) could have a gold mine on our hands..
legendary
Not doing real great the last few weeks..  Not the Bot or EMA's fault at all..  Just that BTC as been sideways most of the last 3 weeks..

I am getting slowly eating away with Trade fees, and slippage..  (Mt Gox must love it)  LOL

In watching this now for a few weeks, we need at least a 0.30 swing in BTC price to make even a small profit..

I guess this is where patience comes in..    All it will take is one or two 0.40 or 0.60 swings up for us to make a decent profit..(Like the one back around the End of Jun into July.  Wish I had been running this then..   Lips sealed)

This is one reason I would LOVE to be able to apply EMA and use a bot against some of the Funds on BitFunder..  There are some huge swings over there on some funds..  I would think if you had a Bot that could trade there using EMA you you could make some serious $$$$$ Over a years time..

Kuroth,
  I'm going to look into the Bitfunder idea. It's nothing we can do right now, but sounds interesting. We have to do a lot of research, but I'll discuss it with the dev team, sounds like a good idea Smiley.

Pablo.

Activity: 239
The way I've been doing it is allowing for the 0.25% on the upswing but changing the selling to be as fast as possible. Reason being that when Bitcoin sells start, they typically can dive pretty fast in a 2-3 hour period, regardless of market conditions. This last 10/21 EMA crossover was a good example of losing a bit if you had waited for the -0.25% mark to sell.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
I am still a newbie to these so your guess is as good as mine.

---------------

I did use crypto-traders backtesting link to figure out a few good settings for upward trend markets vs downward trends.

I noticed it does better than the .25 settings if you apply the two separate trends as they start. (over a period of days and weeks)

My Ema settings for these are locked away on my server so I should be able to get it in about 2 or 3 days. (I am in the middle of an upgrade)

As soon as I have access to it again, I'll give you the settings so you can test them a bit more thoroughly than I did.

--------------

I noticed the 0.25 setting tended to lose money in certain market scenarios.
You guys should look at the other indicators to see where the market is going if you are going to stare at the bots ema stats screen:
(Taken from RTBTC.com, I highly recommend their paid charting service)

Yeah, I've used this EMA process as a diving board for technical trading. I find it interesting that you're using a 21/14 EMA line up there, what's the logic specifically for that?

Also, I have done a little bit of looking into Stochastic RSI trading on BTCE specifically. What frequency do you find the best for you?
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
You guys should look at the other indicators to see where the market is going if you are going to stare at the bots ema stats screen:

(Taken from RTBTC.com, I highly recommend their paid charting service)

I have to admit I was a little bit nervous what with the code rewrite, but the sell went through just fine!

Now I'm confident enough to let this bot sit by itself for the next few months and just slowly collect my winnings = )
I just got A sell order is imminent! Email.
Man, this crossover is being tricky. Been watching today, its silly. It's like crooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssss......... nope. crooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssss......... nope. crooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssss......... nope.

Know what you mean..   LOL

I like how the EMA seems to notice a sideways trend and starts SLOWLY lowering the value towards a sell..    But so Slow.. LOL

Man, this crossover is being tricky. Been watching today, its silly. It's like crooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssss......... nope. crooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssss......... nope. crooooooooooooooooooooooooooossssss......... nope.

So here in my mind is the reason EMA is misunderstood..

We have been at what 110 to 111 per BTC last night into today..   Now its dropped to 107..  Do you sell now?   Maybe??, could be???, maybe not???, are you a fortune Teller?  (Note these are questions I am asking myself not you guys.. LOL)  

But here is the key..  

Lets say we sell now (EMA has not told us to sell now)..  What if after we sell it goes back up to 115 or 120? , 140..  When do you jump back in?  Do you jump back in?

Or what if we wait and it continues down but we let EMA do its thing and it sells at say 101(Still made a profit for me).. Yes not as big as I might have made if I sold at 108..  But how did I know that for sure?    I don’t know that and you don’t either..  And even EMA really don’t know that..  But what EMA does know is when it’s detecting an up or down trend(long enough to trigger a buy or sell)…  

So repeat the above scenario 10 or 15 times over the next year..  And then think about this..

What if you held tight and did not sell right now but trusted EMA.. And the price goes up to 140 over the next week?..   Now you are talking..

EMA simply gives you a method where you should avoid BIG losses, win some small gains, and catch a BIG gain from time to time..  Simple as that..  

Can you do the same?  Yea you probably can over the short term(with a little luck) but If you can over the long term, you are better than probably 99% of the investors out there and should not even be here but writing books and giving lectures..  

Yeah, if you stick with it long enough you'll eventually get some pretty decent gains. EMA trading is hard because you have to disconnect yourself from price and focus on the long term. Backtesting has been able to show time and time again that EMA trading is far more productive than just buying and holding. It can also effectively help you slowly increase your bank roll as far as BTC is concerned. The nice thing about EMA is that it also doesn't apply JUST to bitcoin but pretty much any stock or commodity out there.

VERY true and why I ended up using a Bot..  I cant and dont trust myself LOL  Plus I just dont have the time these days so the Bot is a good choice for me..

We have been at what 110 to 111 per BTC last night into today..   Now its dropped to 107..  Do you sell now?   Maybe??, could be???, maybe not???, are you a fortune Teller?  (Note these are questions I am asking myself not you guys.. LOL)  

But here is the key..  

Lets say we sell now (EMA has not told us to sell now)..  What if after we sell it goes back up to 115 or 120? , 140..  When do you jump back in?  Do you jump back in?

Or what if we wait and it continues down but we let EMA do its thing and it sells at say 101(Still made a profit for me).. Yes not as big as I might have made if I sold at 108..  But how did I know that for sure?    I don’t know that and you don’t either..  And even EMA really don’t know that..  But what EMA does know is when it’s detecting an up or down trend(long enough to trigger a buy or sell)…  

So repeat the above scenario 10 or 15 times over the next year..  And then think about this..

What if you held tight and did not sell right now but trusted EMA.. And the price goes up to 140 over the next week?..   Now you are talking..

EMA simply gives you a method where you should avoid BIG losses, win some small gains, and catch a BIG gain from time to time..  Simple as that..  

Can you do the same?  Yea you probably can over the short term(with a little luck) but If you can over the long term, you are better than probably 99% of the investors out there and should not even be here but writing books and giving lectures..  

Yeah, if you stick with it long enough you'll eventually get some pretty decent gains. EMA trading is hard because you have to disconnect yourself from price and focus on the long term. Backtesting has been able to show time and time again that EMA trading is far more productive than just buying and holding. It can also effectively help you slowly increase your bank roll as far as BTC is concerned. The nice thing about EMA is that it also doesn't apply JUST to bitcoin but pretty much any stock or commodity out there.

But here is the key..  

Activity: 102
Merit: 10
my bot bought in at 73 euro's  Grin
Personally I just want to say that Fible and the BBot team have been doing EXCELLENT support for this product and I look forward to many of the changes they plan on putting into this app. Discovering this thread has taken away a lot of the magic of the bitcoin price trends and has given me a better overall grasp of the market.

I'm looking forward to the decent pay off on the next crossover. Buying in at sub 96 was awesome.
legendary
Hi Pablo,
Another happy (although not rich yet) b-bot user here Grin
As you guys have many ambitious plans concerning this project, including more exchanges, do you also consider introducing a cross-exchange arbitrage at some point?

Hi Gentle_bend Smiley,
     We have been looking at arbitrage. I think we would first probably start with an arbitrage alert system of some sort before starting automated trading but right now we are very focused on developing V2.1. I think arbitrage is in the cards but not in the immediate future. If you have any ideas of what you would like to see in an arbitrage bot, please post them and I will make sure they get reviewed by the dev team Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
Jump to: