Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 105. (Read 274784 times)

legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
I just created an api on gox for the first time. The bot bought in using all of the USD in the account automatically, but now it cant seem to connect to the api.

That's weird it worked once and then stopped. I thought it was down completely?

It's intermittently completely down, the bot continuously tries to reconnect when Gox is down so you may see trades even if the error message is still visible because the bot will push the transaction through even if the API comes back for a few seconds which may not be enough to trigger a change in the error message but will be enough to execute a trade Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Pablo.

EDIT: I misspoke when I said the transaction was pushed through our server, currently the bot only gets the price list from the server, I got confused with some development we have been discussing for future versions to help with certain issues. Please accept my apologies if I confused anyone.
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
BTC-E has more volatility, but at lower EMA values. For example if you were to look at it in terms of 15 to 30 minute frequencies you'll see it's a bit more volatile short term. Gox is more volatile long term, which is why 1 hour + frequencies tend to yield better payoffs.

Thanks Dresdenreader.  I'm playing on the 1 hour so I'm on gox until they go belly up or someone hopefully surpasses them.

Does this mean that I'm not using the right time frame (1h) with BTC-e :/ ?
legendary
Activity: 1148
I just created an api on gox for the first time. The bot bought in using all of the USD in the account automatically, but now it cant seem to connect to the api.

That's weird it worked once and then stopped. I thought it was down completely?
Activity: 406
BTC-E has more volatility, but at lower EMA values. For example if you were to look at it in terms of 15 to 30 minute frequencies you'll see it's a bit more volatile short term. Gox is more volatile long term, which is why 1 hour + frequencies tend to yield better payoffs.

Thanks Dresdenreader.  I'm playing on the 1 hour so I'm on gox until they go belly up or someone hopefully surpasses them.
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
Also..  Not sure it helps but I created a new API key and secret on Mt Gox..   So far it seems better..

Update...  No this did not really seem to help..

LoL. I tried it too.
I created a new API on mtgox and it didn't help any. Gotta watch it and trade manually.

Hi Pangia Smiley,

Trading manually is an option, but please keep in mind that your bot will recover automatically as soon as the Mt. Gox API is back up if you prefer to let it do it's thing.

Please let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.

Hi Pablo,

I wish I could pay you just for your customer service. You're the man!! Thank you for staying on tops of things.

I know that the bot will execute the buy/sell order once the API is back up again, but the problem is that the API is going down for several hours at  a time and the auto execution might not occur at the opportune time (selling low/buying high). So for now I'm going to have to maintain an eye on things until the mtgox API comes back up.

If btc-e had more volatility I switch over completely.

This isn't the bots fault though.  The bot is perfect!! It's that damn mtgox.
Sent you the requested info.

Additionally, please remember that the buy the bot tried to do around 12:28 was because I personally initiated a buy shortly after 12 to try and mitigate my losses on BTCE. The buy should have initiated at between 12:00 and 12:01.
legendary
Also..  Not sure it helps but I created a new API key and secret on Mt Gox..   So far it seems better..

LoL. I tried it too.
I created a new API on mtgox and it didn't help any. Gotta watch it and trade manually.

Hi Pangia Smiley,

Trading manually is an option, but please keep in mind that your bot will recover automatically as soon as the Mt. Gox API is back up if you prefer to let it do it's thing.

Please let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.

LoL. I tried it too.
legendary
BTC E Bot didn't buy, it definitely should have.
12:00   89.185   88.406   88.150   0.290% (This is over 0.25, and I should have gotten a buy order triggered, but instead I got an imminent notification)
11:00   88.987   88.233   88.047   0.211% (This is over zero, I should have gotten an imminent notification.)
10:00   88.544   88.066   87.953   0.128% (This is over zero, I should have gotten an imminent notification.)
9:00   88.601   87.959   87.894   0.075% (This is over zero, I should have gotten an imminent notification.)

My settings:
Buy Threshold 1: 0
Buy Threshold 2: 0.25

I should have gotten a "Buy is imminent" email at 9:00 since 0.075 is higher than 0.
I should have gotten a "Buy order has been triggered" email at 12:00 since 0.29% is higher than 0.25%

Instead, I got the following:
EMA diff is at 0.29% (1 BTC = 89.185 USD) at btce.
A buy order is imminent!

In this exact same situation this morning with Mt Gox the bot initiated a buy imminent and buy trigger at the correct times using the exact same settings under similar circumstances. BTCE did not.

Dresden,
  I need more information to track this down, I am sending you a PM right now.

Pablo.
BTC E Bot didn't buy, it definitely should have.
12:00   89.185   88.406   88.150   0.290% (This is over 0.25, and I should have gotten a buy order triggered, but instead I got an imminent notification)
11:00   88.987   88.233   88.047   0.211% (This is over zero, I should have gotten an imminent notification.)
10:00   88.544   88.066   87.953   0.128% (This is over zero, I should have gotten an imminent notification.)
9:00   88.601   87.959   87.894   0.075% (This is over zero, I should have gotten an imminent notification.)

My settings:
Buy Threshold 1: 0
Buy Threshold 2: 0.25

I should have gotten a "Buy is imminent" email at 9:00 since 0.075 is higher than 0.
I should have gotten a "Buy order has been triggered" email at 12:00 since 0.29% is higher than 0.25%

Instead, I got the following:
EMA diff is at 0.29% (1 BTC = 89.185 USD) at btce.
A buy order is imminent!

In this exact same situation this morning with Mt Gox the bot initiated a buy imminent and buy trigger at the correct times using the exact same settings under similar circumstances. BTCE did not.
Activity: 196

legendary
Thank you very much Pablo Smiley for helping me.

It works like a charm Smiley.

Perfect Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything else Smiley.

Pablo.
Thank you very much Pablo Smiley for helping me.

It works like a charm Smiley.

Please PM me your bot table and your threshold settings and I will take a look ASAP Smiley.

Pablo.

Thank you for such perfect support Smiley
legendary
Don't know why, but bot didn't buy BTC as wanted.

Perhaps, there's a problem with BTC-e ?

Please PM me your bot table and your threshold settings and I will take a look ASAP Smiley.

Pablo.
Don't know why, but bot didn't buy BTC as wanted.

Perhaps, there's a problem with BTC-e ?

Never mind..  I figured our my license key..  Doh.....   Grin

But I was about to switch over to BTC-E but why is BTC prices $10 less there?  If I switch over I instantly lose money...  ugggggg   Shocked
legendary
Pablo sent you a PM..  My Bot License key is no longer working?

Actually getting 2 errors. Not sure if they are related..

1.  Error connection to BTCBOTS.com API....    Never seen this error..

2.  Invalid License Key..

Connection to Mt Gox seems ok at the moment..

Kuroth,
   Hey, yep, getting back to you right now; I think you are using an incorrect license key, I'm sending you one by PM right now Smiley.

Pablo.
Jump to: