Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 18. (Read 274781 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
The Beta doesn't seem to re-read all the key settings.  Pity, I have to get them all figured out again Wink
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
question - if threshold 1 just triggers notification, how come it seems to change profitability in testing?

Because it also enables threshold 2 to be triggered. Once threshold 1 is passed at a tick time, a trade will happen if threshold 2 is triggered on the next tick (or a later one, provided that threshold 1 is consistently exceeded). So basically you can set the bot to require a certain steepness(? no, that's not the right word) of the EMA diff change, or to just trade immediately when the lines cross (by setting T1 to a negative number and T2 to zero) or whatever you like.

So to clarify: if the EMA diff somehow jumps from a negative value to a large positive one so both thresholds are met at once, nothing will happen, because at first only T1 will kick in (unless it already has, see above).

Did that help?

You beat me to it Smiley.
Activity: 30
Merit: 1
Activity: 288
question - if threshold 1 just triggers notification, how come it seems to change profitability in testing?

Because it also enables threshold 2 to be triggered. Once threshold 1 is passed at a tick time, a trade will happen if threshold 2 is triggered on the next tick (or a later one, provided that threshold 1 is consistently exceeded). So basically you can set the bot to require a certain steepness(? no, that's not the right word) of the EMA diff change, or to just trade immediately when the lines cross (by setting T1 to a negative number and T2 to zero) or whatever you like.

So to clarify: if the EMA diff somehow jumps from a negative value to a large positive one so both thresholds are met at once, nothing will happen, because at first only T1 will kick in (unless it already has, see above).

Did that help?
Activity: 30
Merit: 1
Newbie question on thresholds - saw this way back:

4. You can set two different thresholds for buy and sell commands. You will be notified when the EMA value passes threshold 1 but the bot will only trade after the EMA value has passed threshold 2. Thats 2 threshold for buy and 2 thresholds for sell that you can set.

Thanks for any help
legendary
LTC PUBLIC BETA

Friends,
   We are opening the LTC Beta to any current customer who wants to give it a go. You can download it here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/butter-bot-beta/ehdnodagpabbehmekcopmakcmfadmgbk/

Notes:

1. You need to use it instead of the current official release, you can not use both or you will encounter trading issues.
2. The Beta has been tested by the closed group and we feel we have worked out most of the kinks, still, it is a Beta release and you must be aware that there may be bugs which could affect trading and cause losses, use at your own risk.

Any questions, comments or bug reports are welcome, please email [email protected]

I am here as always if anyone needs anything Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
I am having an issue where the Override Global Settings do not seem to completely do that.

If I set my main trade engine to a threshold of .35 with a 6hr interval, and override BTCe with .08 and a 30 minute interval, it is not working correctly.  The interval overrides, but not the threshold... BTCe is trading at .35 instead of the .08 I have the override set to.  Is anyone else seeing this or found a fix?

Hey Sean,
     I need your logs to track this down. Are you on the Beta or on the 2.5.1 official release?

Please just email me the information and we will track this down and fix it if the issue is there.

Pablo.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com
I am having an issue where the Override Global Settings do not seem to completely do that.

If I set my main trade engine to a threshold of .35 with a 6hr interval, and override BTCe with .08 and a 30 minute interval, it is not working correctly.  The interval overrides, but not the threshold... BTCe is trading at .35 instead of the .08 I have the override set to.  Is anyone else seeing this or found a fix?
legendary
Fible, if you're looking at trading on CEX you'll need to implement a different trading strategy for the GHash/BTC market.. it swings fast and needs a bot to make High frequency low profit trades to make anything.  Of course, this trade strategy would be awesome in the btc market as well so go hard Smiley

We're working on something, that should take care of all these things. I've hinted at this before, but now we are really ramping up development and all these strategy issues will be taken care of.

We aim to blow everyones mind in the next few months Smiley.

Pablo.

Edit: "Red Monkey"
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
Fible, if you're looking at trading on CEX you'll need to implement a different trading strategy for the GHash/BTC market.. it swings fast and needs a bot to make High frequency low profit trades to make anything.  Of course, this trade strategy would be awesome in the btc market as well so go hard Smiley
legendary
Hi Smiley,
 You can use a very high negative number for the first set of thresholds (like "-50") and a low set of numbers for the second set of thresholds (like 0.01).

I hope that helps, I'm here if you hear anything Smiley.

Pablo.

Any reason to set the second set of thresholds to 0.01 rather than 0? What will happen if it is set as 0?

Hi Mooncake Smiley,
  No, 0 works just as well.

Please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 434
Hi Smiley,
 You can use a very high negative number for the first set of thresholds (like "-50") and a low set of numbers for the second set of thresholds (like 0.01).

Pablo.

Any reason to set the second set of thresholds to 0.01 rather than 0? What will happen if it is set as 0?
legendary
how does one disable the thresholds so Butter will buy right on the crossover?  Not buy 2 ticks after the crossover?  Its very hard to find a good EMA to start with when things are trading 2 ticks after each buy and sell

Hi Smiley,

Pablo.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
how does one disable the thresholds so Butter will buy right on the crossover?  Not buy 2 ticks after the crossover?  Its very hard to find a good EMA to start with when things are trading 2 ticks after each buy and sell
legendary
well the sooner you guys get it to work with CEX.IO I will pay. Til then Sorry not interested. There is a strong need for something like this with CEX!!

CEX?

Good luck with that. This bot is for bitcoin trading not GH/S trading.

In case you didn't get the memo. CEX doesn't only do GH/s trading. They also offer BTC/NMC, LTC/BTC, and BF1/BTC trading..... Shocked

CEX.io is something we are very interested in. I would personally like to work on this after we release alternative strategy modules, I feel like theres it a lot of potential in G/h trading.

Pablo.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
well the sooner you guys get it to work with CEX.IO I will pay. Til then Sorry not interested. There is a strong need for something like this with CEX!!

CEX?

Good luck with that. This bot is for bitcoin trading not GH/S trading.

In case you didn't get the memo. CEX doesn't only do GH/s trading. They also offer BTC/NMC, LTC/BTC, and BF1/BTC trading..... Shocked
Activity: 288
I just had an idea to potentially increase profit, would like your comments.
Make the bot use limit orders instead of market orders, like this: when a buy order is triggered, place an order at highest current ask price + 10ct - check every minute (or maybe more often) whether it still is at the highest bid price (and lower than the lowest ask, in weird scenarios), if not: cancel and adjust, repeat until all money minus reserve has been exchanged. This would help prevent buying at a too-high price - I've started pausing the bot when there's a EMA cross and doing this manually - at least it decreased my losses Grin
legendary
I just had a LTC buy... not sure how BTCe does the orders but I had an email -

08.30 - order imminent
09.00 - order triggered (1 LTC)
09.30 - order triggered (1 LTC)
10.00 - order triggered (1 LTC)

Shouldnt it have bought 3 @ 09.00?

Hey BigLad Smiley,
  Could you please send me your logs as detailed below? I will look into this now:

1. Go into the "manage extensions" page.
2. Enable "developer" mode by checking the "developer" box in the upper tool bar.
3. Go to the extension and click on the "generated_background_page.html" link.
4. When the new window opens, choose the "console tab"
5. Copy and paste the info there to pastebin.com as close to the time of your issue as possible and send it to me.

And:

1. In the developer tools open the network tab. 
2. If it's empty, press F5 to reload the extension and wait a few minutes until there are some requests listed. 
3 Then right-click the list in the left pane and select
"Save as HAR with content".

Please scan the file and remove your API Key from the text and send it to us.

This will help us resolve your issue much more quickly. 

Pablo.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I just had a LTC buy... not sure how BTCe does the orders but I had an email -

08.30 - order imminent
09.00 - order triggered (1 LTC)
09.30 - order triggered (1 LTC)
10.00 - order triggered (1 LTC)

Shouldnt it have bought 3 @ 09.00?
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
My Precious!
I just wanted to echo Pablo...

Stay away from Gox... I have been using BTC-e and while they have their quirks, they have been pretty solid so far... I have had coin with them for about 4 months with little to no issues at all...

I will however say that their customer service is crap!
Pages:
Jump to: