Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 78. (Read 274784 times)

legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
Looks like the Bitstamp issue was scheduled downtime, should be back online now Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com
Alright whatever that's suppose to mean, thank you.

Bloodislav, check back in the forum at least a few days for posts that may help you with any given issue.  One of the things you will find are posts as to why you should be steering clear of GOX at the moment.

Smiley
Is anyone else having issues with Bitstamp API? It stopped working for me approx 2.5h ago.

Bitstamp appears to continue to suffer API problems.  Butter did not update for me for most of the night, neither did other services such as Bitcoinity.  Butter appears to be getting data for the moment, but Bitcoinity is still showing errant information.
Activity: 216
Is anyone else having issues with Bitstamp API? It stopped working for me approx 2.5h ago.

Hmmm,
  That's strange, it looks normal on our end.

Could you please send me your console outputs? Or drop me an email at [email protected] and I will send you instructions on how to get the console outputs please.

Pablo.

EDIT: Anyone else having this issue?

I had the same issue up until a while ago. Seems OK at the moment.
legendary

Hmmm,
  That's strange, it looks normal on our end.

Could you please send me your console outputs? Or drop me an email at [email protected] and I will send you instructions on how to get the console outputs please.

Pablo.

EDIT: Anyone else having this issue?
Activity: 390
Merit: 250
legendary
Does everyone who uses BTC-e have to reset their bot because of this fix you implemented?

Hi Ngin,
  No, you only need to reset if the issue has not resolved itself.

Pablo.
legendary

Bloodislav,
  I got your email and your data, we will email you when we have a solution for you; you should not be seeing any message as we are currently "all systems normal." It is likely a system specific issue.

Pablo.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Hello. I have bought butterbot yesterday and wanted to set up trading on mtGox. Since then unfortunately I'm only getting "The MtGox API is currently having issues but we will keep trying. Butter Bot will recover automatically once the API is back up." My frother is using the same bot and gox is working fine for him. I even tried to generate few API's, but same problem every time. Anyone has  a clue what could be the catch?

Thank you

lol.  aaaaaand this is why I normally make a rule against giving free advise.

Wink
Activity: 29
Hello. I have bought butterbot yesterday and wanted to set up trading on mtGox. Since then unfortunately I'm only getting "The MtGox API is currently having issues but we will keep trying. Butter Bot will recover automatically once the API is back up." My frother is using the same bot and gox is working fine for him. I even tried to generate few API's, but same problem every time. Anyone has  a clue what could be the catch?

Thank you
Activity: 190
Does everyone who uses BTC-e have to reset their bot because of this fix you implemented?
legendary
BTC-E

We have tracked down the issue affecting pricing information on BTC-E and the issue should now be resolved. Otherwise, a simple reset should take care of it.

If you are running multiple instances of the bot and you are still having issues, please make sure that each instance has its own key for each exchange.

Do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Quick note about the Bitstamp settings:

The Bitstamp settings are back tested for 6 months, since we always say longer is more accurate, this deserves some explaining:

A year ago Bitstamp didn't have what we would consider the market depth necessary for trading, only about 6-8 months ago did Bitstamp really develop a deeper user and trading base so we consider that the more accurate result is to back test for that time period.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know Smiley.

Pablo.

Hey Pablo, this actually caught me kind of off-guard and made me completely change my settings around. I had found amazing settings for a 1 year bitstamp back test! Now I've recalibrated my numbers using 6 months backtesting... and of course the profits are only a teeny tiny fraction (although still large) of what they were backtesting 1 year. I suppose I now know why. I wonder what makes bitstamp so different from Mt Gox in terms of trading strategy? (controlling for trading fees)

Hey Greg Smiley,
  It's just the liquidity factor in the back testing. Mt. Gox has been highly liquid for several years and we can back test two years with a set amount of depth. Bitstamp was somewhat illiquid (for trading purposes) up to a couple of months ago, that's the main difference.

Please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 13

The Bitstamp settings are back tested for 6 months, since we always say longer is more accurate, this deserves some explaining:

A year ago Bitstamp didn't have what we would consider the market depth necessary for trading, only about 6-8 months ago did Bitstamp really develop a deeper user and trading base so we consider that the more accurate result is to back test for that time period.

Pablo.

Hey Pablo, this actually caught me kind of off-guard and made me completely change my settings around. I had found amazing settings for a 1 year bitstamp back test! Now I've recalibrated my numbers using 6 months backtesting... and of course the profits are only a teeny tiny fraction (although still large) of what they were backtesting 1 year. I suppose I now know why. I wonder what makes bitstamp so different from Mt Gox in terms of trading strategy? (controlling for trading fees)
BTC-e data push behavior just got stranger.  Let me explain:

I have Butter running on two different computers.  Lets call them A & B.

On computer A, I have 2 instances of Butter running.  One managing an account on BTC-e, and one managing an account on Bitstamp.  On this computer, the Butter managing the Bitstamp account does show data from BTC-e as well, but no updates since 9:30 last night.  

The Butter managing the BTC-e account does not even show that; it is stuck with a "Loading Data" message.

Computer B has a 3rd instance of Butter running, on a separate BTC-e account.  This instance is largely for testing, but when I just checked it, I found it running properly, reading current and accurate data from BTC-e; unlike both bots running on computer A.

I find this very strange indeed.  This is not an API issue, as one out of the three is pulling data just fine (and this is coming from Butter's server, yes?).  None of the bots are connected to the same account, so there is no conflict there.

Pablo, is it possible that this is being caused by running two instances of Butter on the same machine somehow?

**EDIT**
I killed the 2nd instance of Butter on computer A, and was able to get the single instance to start showing data correctly again from BTC-e.  More testing needed, but there may be a correlation there.
Butter stopped getting data from BTC-e @ 9:30 last night.  I like the exchange, but if I cannot get data from it reliably, it becomes a liability.

Do you know Pablo if there is a known problem they are working on, or have they just become flaky?  They are reporting 400 or so bots online, and the web interface is up.

Sean

Hi Sean,
  Their API is terribly flaky right now, we are working on developing a solution for this right now and we should have something ASAP. Please bear with us a little while, we will have a solution as soon as possible.

Pablo.

Great thanks.

Smiley
legendary
Butter stopped getting data from BTC-e @ 9:30 last night.  I like the exchange, but if I cannot get data from it reliably, it becomes a liability.

Do you know Pablo if there is a known problem they are working on, or have they just become flaky?  They are reporting 400 or so bots online, and the web interface is up.

Sean

Hi Sean,
  Their API is terribly flaky right now, we are working on developing a solution for this right now and we should have something ASAP. Please bear with us a little while, we will have a solution as soon as possible.

Pablo.

Sean
legendary

Pablo.
Pages:
Jump to: