Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 80. (Read 274784 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Well the good news..  Bot Sold at 200 and I made almost 1K..  My first BIG Profit using EMA(the Bot)

Bad news.. I am using Mt Gox..

I have been spending HOURS just trying to get setup where I can request a withdrawal from Mt Gox..  I want to take out my 1k Profit in USD..   (I know this could take 2 weeks or more... Or maybe never?Huh?)

NOW I am hearing people are even starting to have issues with BTC withdrawals...   OMG

I feel that MT Gox is nothing short of a criminal operation now..

I need to get the hell out of there as soon as I can..

What I need to know is what other exchanges that the Bot works with would be best for me to switch to and will I be able to Withdrawal USD??

I dont buy anything using BTC's and I am now questioning what is the point of me running the Bot and Trading in BTC if I will never be able to get my money out in USD

Please if you have any suggestions let me now.

Hi Kuroth,
  My personal advice would be to get your BTC out of Gox and into BTC-E or Bitstamp; if I had to choose I would use Bitstamp, they should process your withdrawals quickly and effectively Smiley.

Also, if you are in the U.S., the fastest, easiest, and most reliable way to get your money out is Coinbase Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Pablo.

Thanks Pablo but how do I get my BTC into Coinbase while using the Bot?   I would have to try and Guess when I think the Price is at the top, then manually Transfer some BTC to CoinBase, then hope the Price of BTC dont drop while I am doing all this?Huh?? 
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
Well the good news..  Bot Sold at 200 and I made almost 1K..  My first BIG Profit using EMA(the Bot)

I have been spending HOURS just trying to get setup where I can request a withdrawal from Mt Gox..  I want to take out my 1k Profit in USD..   (I know this could take 2 weeks or more... Or maybe never?Huh?)

NOW I am hearing people are even starting to have issues with BTC withdrawals...   OMG

What I need to know is what other exchanges that the Bot works with would be best for me to switch to and will I be able to Withdrawal USD??

I dont buy anything using BTC's and I am now questioning what is the point of me running the Bot and Trading in BTC if I will never be able to get my money out in USD

Hi Kuroth,
  My personal advice would be to get your BTC out of Gox and into BTC-E or Bitstamp; if I had to choose I would use Bitstamp, they should process your withdrawals quickly and effectively Smiley.

Also, if you are in the U.S., the fastest, easiest, and most reliable way to get your money out is Coinbase Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Pablo.
Activity: 196
Well the good news..  Bot Sold at 200 and I made almost 1K..  My first BIG Profit using EMA(the Bot)

I have been spending HOURS just trying to get setup where I can request a withdrawal from Mt Gox..  I want to take out my 1k Profit in USD..   (I know this could take 2 weeks or more... Or maybe never?Huh?)

NOW I am hearing people are even starting to have issues with BTC withdrawals...   OMG

legendary
I moved the application to a Amazon Web Services server during this Bitstamp down time. Is it wise to do so? I plan to let it run 24 hour a day. AWS basic services are supposedly free for a year. What do you think?

Hi GhostShirt Smiley,
   Assuming you got the bot to run on your VPS, I think it's a great idea.

Please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Hey Guys Smiley,
   We heard back from Bitstamp and parts of their API have been intermittently down, they are working on fixing the issue so I think it should be fixed pretty soon. We still haven't heard back from BTC-E but the issue is also happening on their end, basically the API is not sending all the correct pricing data to our servers.

We are working with both exchanges to get this resolved ASAP. Please be sure to post or contact me directly if the issue persists.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience guys, but it's an exchange issue, not a bot issue; we will see about making butter more resistant to these exchange API failures however.

Pablo.
Activity: 216
I moved the application to a Amazon Web Services server during this Bitstamp down time. Is it wise to do so? I plan to let it run 24 hour a day. AWS basic services are supposedly free for a year. What do you think?
Activity: 390
Merit: 250
Yesterday on Bitstamp's Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Bitstamp/posts/458975694219702
"Bitstamp is migrating to new DDOS mitigation partner."

Maybe they had/have some issues during the migration process.
Activity: 168
BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com
BTC-E working again. Still no Bitstamp

BTC-e still just stalls with the message "Loading Data" for me.
Yep, BTC-E working again.

AND i was talking to CryptoRally - who is not using the bot for sure - on twitter 11h ago. He/they had the same problems with both exchanges:

I can now only access @Bitfinex and @Bitstamp via TOR. Normal browser doesn't access these exchanges! What's going on?
---
#BTCE is also very slow! It looks like a planned attack
https://twitter.com/CryptoRally/status/393479963325657088
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
BTC-E working again. Still no Bitstamp
I don't think it's the bot. Bitstamp is nearly unavailable for hours!

I didn't think so either until the bot also stopped working on BTC-e... so now it is dead on both exchanges.... too much of a coincidence?
I don't think it's the bot. Bitstamp is nearly unavailable for hours!
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I can confirm this. Butterbot has not been behaving well for the last 3 days.
**note** Bitstamp has been very flakey, so it may not be entirely the fault of the Bot.
Ok, maybe it is not Bitstamp's problem, because now BTC-e is not updating either.

Bitstamp stopped updating @ 1630hrs, never updated after that.  BTC-e now stopped @ 2200hrs.  It is now 2341hrs, so BTC-e has missed it's last two updates.  I hope we can get to the bottom of this, I need to be able to trust that the bot will act... & to act, it must update lol.

Smiley
Bitstamp stopped updating again...

This is very strange...

It looks like the exchange API's aren't reacting very well to the volume. We will look into this now.

Pablo.

It sure seems to be on their end.  bitcoinity is not getting accurate information from them either... so pretty obvious it is not Butter.

This is very strange...

It looks like the exchange API's aren't reacting very well to the volume. We will look into this now.

Pablo.

Thanks, Think I will move BTC to BTC-e till they get this fixed...   Wink
legendary

This is very strange...

Pablo.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
... which is why trading is not for everyone.  It takes an enormous amount of discipline, regardless of the strategy one uses.

The greedy get jammed, the timid waste away and the impulsive go broke.

It takes rules, patience, discipline and _luck_ to make a living off trading.

Wink

^-- Very accurate.

Honestly, just populate some trade accounts with X of BTC you're willing to trade/lose, sit and forget about it. Let the bot do the work. Makes it easy.
It’s hard as hell to sit tight when the price of BTC hits 240.

Am I the only one of us Butter Bot Users that gets nervous about this??

So I have not manually sold and I am still Long but man my mind is fighting me on this..

This morning I get up and the price is at 190 and the Bot is still reporting Green..      That’s a BIG chunk of change to still be reporting Green..  (I know… It’s the math behind EMA)

Not being a EMA expect(That’s what I have the Bot for) it seems to me it will take the Price going down to the 170’s or 180’s before it will trigger a sell..

Just hard for me to see 240 we could manually sell or wait and lose 70 and let the Bot sell at 170..

Yes I know the flip side is what if it went up to 300..

Uggggggggggg  I hate this..  LOL

Or am I the only dumb one that has not sold?HuhHuh

... which is why trading is not for everyone.  It takes an enormous amount of discipline, regardless of the strategy one uses.

The greedy get jammed, the timid waste away and the impulsive go broke.

It takes rules, patience, discipline and _luck_ to make a living off trading.

Wink
Pages:
Jump to: