Pages:
Author

Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed) - page 84. (Read 274784 times)

legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000
Starter Settings Announcement:

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions Smiley.

Pablo.

I missed this by a few days because I did not have this thread in my watch list - my bot traded over the last couple of days using the 'old' settings and I see that these settings would have prevented a loss (sell low and buy high).  Can these type of announcements come out via email as well as posts to the thread?  nothing fancy, just an email saying 'look at this bitcointalk thread for updated settings'

Just a thought, thanks.

Hi Smiley,
  Sure, we can definitely try and do that for future announcements of this type Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Pablo.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Hi,

I have a suggestion for the ButterBot developers that I feel would be a great benefit if implemented. It's automatic dynamic optimization, and here's how I envision it working.

The bot would be constantly backtesting in the background, in 1 month increments moving backwards by 1 week at a time, taking snapshots of the pricing curve & testing every possible options setting against that curve to determine the most profitable settings for that given snapshot, or preset of market condition. Then it would move back a week, & do it all over again- over & over.

Eventually the bot would have determined the most profitable settings to use in any given market condition, and could then keep on the lookout for a week's worth of pattern change, and switch the settings to match the most profitable preset for that week's market conditions as if they were going to continue all month.

Viola! Self optimizing bot.

What do people think?

-NginUS

NginUS,
   It's an interesting suggestion; we will be looking into it in detail, than you! Smiley

Please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.

^^^^^^^^^^^^This is a GREAT idea!!  This would make the bot VERY valuable.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
How do you set different settings for the different exchanges?  I thought the settings you put in affected all of the exchanges at once.

Hi M Smiley,
  You are correct; although the next full release will include independent settings for each exchange, the current one does not, however the recommended settings are still valid if you trade by groupingthe low or high fee exchanges and ignoring the others.

I hope that answers your question Smiley.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything.

Pablo.

How do you group the exchanges?  I'm still not clear on that.

Hi M Smiley,
   I'm not sure I understand your question, what do you mean by "group exchanges"?

Under the current bot, all the exchanges you are running on use the universal settings from the "bot" tab. This will change to individual settings per exchange in the next release.

Please explain the issue to me a bit more and I will be happy to get back to you ASAP Smiley.

Pablo.

LOL.  I'm not sure what I mean either.  I was quoting you above:
however the recommended settings are still valid if you trade by groupingthe low or high fee exchanges and ignoring the others.

Basically, what I want to know is how to use the different values at different exchanges.  For example, how can I use one set of values for MtGox and another set for BTC-e and BitStamp?

Thanks!
Activity: 126
Starter Settings Announcement:

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions Smiley.

Pablo.

I missed this by a few days because I did not have this thread in my watch list - my bot traded over the last couple of days using the 'old' settings and I see that these settings would have prevented a loss (sell low and buy high).  Can these type of announcements come out via email as well as posts to the thread?  nothing fancy, just an email saying 'look at this bitcointalk thread for updated settings'

Just a thought, thanks.
legendary
How do you set different settings for the different exchanges?  I thought the settings you put in affected all of the exchanges at once.

Hi M Smiley,
  You are correct; although the next full release will include independent settings for each exchange, the current one does not, however the recommended settings are still valid if you trade by groupingthe low or high fee exchanges and ignoring the others.

Pablo.

Hi M Smiley,
   I'm not sure I understand your question, what do you mean by "group exchanges"?

Under the current bot, all the exchanges you are running on use the universal settings from the "bot" tab. This will change to individual settings per exchange in the next release.

Please explain the issue to me a bit more and I will be happy to get back to you ASAP Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Hi M Smiley,

Pablo.

legendary
If I switch from Gox to BTC-E and I have PPC sitting there am I right in assuming the bot will ignore that and use fiat/btc only?

Thanks!

Hi BigLad Smiley,
   Yes, your assumption is correct Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
If I switch from Gox to BTC-E and I have PPC sitting there am I right in assuming the bot will ignore that and use fiat/btc only?

Thanks!
legendary
Pablo,

What's going to be new in Butterbot version 3? And when is it due to ship?

-NginUS

Hi Ngin Smiley,
   V3's theme is most likely going to be altcoins, that should be the main change; other features should also make it in, like independent settings for each exchange.

We are working on hosting right now so we don't have a set ship date for V3, but we should be pushing it out pretty quickly after hosting comes out.

V3 will be a free upgrade for current subscribers.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
Activity: 190
Pablo,

What's going to be new in Butterbot version 3? And when is it due to ship?

-NginUS
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
Hi guys, haven't checked this for a while... is there any news about btc-e altcoins feature?

And maybe it is a time to check mcxnow too, their popularitiy is growing by day.

Hi Seleme Smiley,
   We are working on hosting right now, after that is released we will most likely roll out Altcoins pretty quickly Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.

That's great man Smiley
legendary
@ Pablo

Would you give us an example of "Trailing Stop Loss" feature use.

Thanks

Hi Bruter Smiley,
   The most simple way to use TSL would be with a very high value (in the high teens to mid twenties) to get out of a flash crash; again this carries a lot of risk because since the bot will shut off you could be out of luck if the price recovers before you have a chance to reset it.

TSL can be used as a stop loss feature directly with lower values if you set very high threshold values (that aren't likely to be crossed).

Again, it's a feature who's use we as a company do not advocate (as expressed in the user manual); there are models where it useful but you would have to be monitoring the bot constantly which defeats the purpose of having a bot.

I hope that answers your question, please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
Ah, I was automating your recent version of your bot and that is why I noticed that it didn't apply TSL. I am actually making a watchdog app that keeps an eye on the bot. (which means I can try out different TSL's on a minute/hourly/daily basis without being there by following some simple rules.)

I noticed quite a few times across a broad spectrum of settings that even good EMA settings turn out pretty bad in the back testing when there is a "flash crash".

----------------------------

These are my thoughts:

I realize this is an EMA bot. Simple rules, simple executions. As you can see in my pic above.....

IF you use 1 hour settings (and above) AND there is a flash crash within 30 minutes... (meaning, it goes from where it was to the new bottom (lets say a 25% drop in price)...the bot reacts to it after the next update by initiating a sell order. Correct?

As you can see above, it reacts very suddenly after the fact by selling at a major loss. (lets say 25% loss)

-------------------------

I assume from what you said that the TSL feature "turns off" the bots trading ability before it executes the "sell off" and thereby incurring the loss, correct?

If so I can see why the anonymous customers asked for this feature.

============================

Why doesn't the bot check the 1 minute interval data and use that as the TSL trigger rather than whatever settings you choose? (lets say in this case "1 hour" ticks)

I guess what I am asking is there a way to differentiate the "TSL tick" settings apart from the "trading tick" settings?

Edit: Nevermind, it is a dumb idea!

Hey Smiley,
  TSL actually liquidates all your BTC for USD and then shuts off so it's a bit different.

You can use it for panic settings but I think it's best to just let EMA protect you in case of a flash crash because it can be more reactive with the lower time frames and lower time frames are as effective as the higher one in low fee exchanges (as posted previously); I think that's the best solution Smiley.

Please let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
@ Pablo

Thanks

Hi Bruter Smiley,
   The most simple way to use TSL would be with a very high value (in the high teens to mid twenties) to get out of a flash crash; again this carries a lot of risk because since the bot will shut off you could be out of luck if the price recovers before you have a chance to reset it.

TSL can be used as a stop loss feature directly with lower values if you set very high threshold values (that aren't likely to be crossed).

Again, it's a feature who's use we as a company do not advocate (as expressed in the user manual); there are models where it useful but you would have to be monitoring the bot constantly which defeats the purpose of having a bot.

I hope that answers your question, please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
Ah, I was automating your recent version of your bot and that is why I noticed that it didn't apply TSL. I am actually making a watchdog app that keeps an eye on the bot. (which means I can try out different TSL's on a minute/hourly/daily basis without being there by following some simple rules.)

I noticed quite a few times across a broad spectrum of settings that even good EMA settings turn out pretty bad in the back testing when there is a "flash crash".

----------------------------

These are my thoughts:

I realize this is an EMA bot. Simple rules, simple executions. As you can see in my pic above.....

IF you use 1 hour settings (and above) AND there is a flash crash within 30 minutes... (meaning, it goes from where it was to the new bottom (lets say a 25% drop in price)...the bot reacts to it after the next update by initiating a sell order. Correct?

As you can see above, it reacts very suddenly after the fact by selling at a major loss. (lets say 25% loss)

-------------------------

I assume from what you said that the TSL feature "turns off" the bots trading ability before it executes the "sell off" and thereby incurring the loss, correct?

If so I can see why the anonymous customers asked for this feature.

============================

Why doesn't the bot check the 1 minute interval data and use that as the TSL trigger rather than whatever settings you choose? (lets say in this case "1 hour" ticks)

I guess what I am asking is there a way to differentiate the "TSL tick" settings apart from the "trading tick" settings?

Edit: Nevermind, it is a dumb idea!
legendary
@ Pablo

Thanks

Hi Bruter Smiley,

Pablo.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
@ Pablo

Thanks
legendary
@ Pablo

It looks like the backtesting feature doesn't respect the "Trailing Stop Loss" value in the B-Bots settings. Which means that various configurations being tested will work differently in [actual] practice.

The results turn out fudged...

Hi PuertoLibre,
   TSL halts the bot when it is triggered; since there is no telling at what point you will reset the bot (because once TSL is triggered the bot must be manually reset), back testing can not account for this.

I am going to repeat something I have said often: DO NOT use TSL unless you are an expert trader with a thorough understanding of EMA and how our bot works. TSL is easy to understand in principle but highly complex when coupled with an EMA logic bot.

We originally included TSL as a feature because it was requested by a small group of expert traders for their own testing purposes, it is a very hard feature to use and I would recommend all but the most expert of traders to stay away from it to avoid losses.

I am replying to your email now Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
@ Pablo

It looks like the backtesting feature doesn't respect the "Trailing Stop Loss" value in the B-Bots settings. Which means that various configurations being tested will work differently in [actual] practice.

The results turn out fudged...
legendary
Hi,

I have a suggestion for the ButterBot developers that I feel would be a great benefit if implemented. It's automatic dynamic optimization, and here's how I envision it working.

The bot would be constantly backtesting in the background, in 1 month increments moving backwards by 1 week at a time, taking snapshots of the pricing curve & testing every possible options setting against that curve to determine the most profitable settings for that given snapshot, or preset of market condition. Then it would move back a week, & do it all over again- over & over.

Eventually the bot would have determined the most profitable settings to use in any given market condition, and could then keep on the lookout for a week's worth of pattern change, and switch the settings to match the most profitable preset for that week's market conditions as if they were going to continue all month.

Viola! Self optimizing bot.

What do people think?

-NginUS

NginUS,
   It's an interesting suggestion; we will be looking into it in detail, than you! Smiley

Please let me know if you need anything at all Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
Bug when hovering over icon:

Any open spots for a more recent beta test?  Grin

Noted, thank you, we will look into this ASAP.

There should be a Beta coming up in a few weeks, if I recall correctly you are on the Beta testing priority list, just drop me an email when you see the Beta Testing announcement and I will set you up with the latest version Smiley.

Pablo.
legendary
I keep getting this error.

All my MTGox Api settings are correct. I recently reinstalled the plugin this morning.

Hi PuertoLibre Smiley,
    The main reason you would get this error is that the API keys are entered improperly of or that you have not authorized the API keys on the Mt. Gox exchange. lease double check both these situations and drop me an email at [email protected]; I will be happy to help you debug.

Smiley

Pablo.
Pages:
Jump to: