Pages:
Author

Topic: [Closed] Pure PPS Bonus - CoinSauce - Instant Payouts - 2 Step Sign Up - page 7. (Read 10127 times)

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
pool keeps goin up n down...lol any ETA?
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Sorry for the short period of downtime, our server couldn't handle the load. Someone pointed 100 ghash. I'm upgrading the EC2 instance. Smiley
Can't you use autoscaling? If CPU usage goes over X% for Y minutes, fire up a new instance and add it to the load balancer.

Yes, but the database and pool server is on a single instance. I would have to move the database on it's own instance before allowing auto-scaling to maintain data consistency.

Working on it. Smiley
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
Sorry for the short period of downtime, our server couldn't handle the load. Someone pointed 100 ghash. I'm upgrading the EC2 instance. Smiley
Can't you use autoscaling? If CPU usage goes over X% for Y minutes, fire up a new instance and add it to the load balancer.
Gonna implement auto payout thresholds soon? =)
Also, how long is 105% payout goin on for?

Coming real soon, maybe today. Smiley

It'll go for a few days or a week, but won't stop until I implement most of the features.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Gonna implement auto payout thresholds soon? =)
Also, how long is 105% payout goin on for?
Activity: 742
Merit: 503
So, is it now 105 and no fee?  Or with 1.7%fee?  After launch its reduced to 98.3% net?  

Couldn't I do better with no fee merged dgm from the three amigos?  Just asking... Love the proxy by the way!

Sure you can, our pool is for those who want predictable and steady payouts. PPS pools charge a fee because we take the risk of never getting paid if we ever find a orphan.

Unfortunately on other reward methods, miners take the loss. It evens out in the end.

Quick clarification,  "So, is it now 105 and no fee?  Or with 1.7%fee?  After launch its reduced to 98.3% net?"

Thanks for your quick response, I bet you make a mean spaghetti...?

Yes, it'll be 1.7% or something like that after launch. It's not definite yet, I think 1.4% would suffice.

Also, the PPS rate has been updated to accommodate the new difficulty.

105% Wow!
So, is it now 105 and no fee?  Or with 1.7%fee?  After launch its reduced to 98.3% net?  

Couldn't I do better with no fee merged dgm from the three amigos?  Just asking... Love the proxy by the way!

Sure you can, our pool is for those who want predictable and steady payouts. PPS pools charge a fee because we take the risk of never getting paid if we ever find a orphan.

Unfortunately on other reward methods, miners take the loss. It evens out in the end.

Quick clarification,  "So, is it now 105 and no fee?  Or with 1.7%fee?  After launch its reduced to 98.3% net?"

Yes, it'll be 1.7% or something like that after launch. It's not definite yet, I think 1.4% would suffice.

Also, the PPS rate has been updated to accommodate the new difficulty.

I like how everything is clear and transparent. Good job! Grin Waiting patiently for more stats.

I think some idiot is pressing the the cash out buttons.

The profile graphs will come tomorrow. Smiley

I think allowing everyone to cash out your coins for you is a good way to prevent coins from piling up in your balance. We don't want to be liable for large amounts of lost coins if we ever lose coins (which is unlikely given the precautions we take).

But then again, auto-payout is coming soon, so there's little worry for those who set a threshold.
I'll give you a try, can't beat 105% PPS.

Feature request: Auto payout at [user defined] BTC.

^This is a big one for me since I like to just let my miners run and not look at them.

What would be best for you? Defining the threshold at sign up or setting it after you sign up when you present a signed message?

I think adding both would be good, thanks!
So, is it now 105 and no fee?  Or with 1.7%fee?  After launch its reduced to 98.3% net?   

Couldn't I do better with no fee merged dgm from the three amigos?  Just asking... Love the proxy by the way!
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
I'll give you a try, can't beat 105% PPS.

Feature request: Auto payout at [user defined] BTC.

^This is a big one for me since I like to just let my miners run and not look at them.
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
I like how everything is clear and transparent. Good job! Grin Waiting patiently for more stats.

I think some idiot is pressing the the cash out buttons.
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
i have 19 stales out of 18451 shares on current rd of btmax

stale shares shouldnt be more than around 0.25% really

i think mine would be less except i use my upstream to near saturation much of the day, uploading video encodes
As a launch special, I have increased the payout to 105% the full PPS rate.

Just give us a try! If you don't see us fit, thats fine, you can cash out any time you like! Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Figured Id play some devils advocate:

ABCPOOL
A block yields BTC 50. The number of shares needed for one block is by definition on average equal to the current difficulty. We take a fee of 1.5% in return for the compensation of invalid blocks and stale shares, and for the reduction in risk that you get. That makes the calculation for the payout per share.

My maths still shows that 1.7% is more than 1.5%+stale shares paid.

Oh, I always thought it was 2.5%. Well, seeing as I use it for a backup pool this is better anyway, because at ABC a manual payout has a fee of .01BTC for withdraws under 0.2BTC. I'll be payout out here as soon as I get to around .05 anyway.

ABCPOOL
A block yields BTC 50. The number of shares needed for one block is by definition on average equal to the current difficulty. We take a fee of 1.5% in return for the compensation of invalid blocks and stale shares, and for the reduction in risk that you get. That makes the calculation for the payout per share.

We offer a intuitive web interface with a dead simple sign up and cashout.

1.7% doesn't come out to much after you consider pools like deepbit and btcguild charge an arm and a leg, and it's only .2% more than ABCPool.

I'm considering to pay users half price or full for stale shares. Even though, a good miner like cgminer and long polling will reduce stales enormously. One of my miners that has been running for a month and a half at 1.2ghash has only racked up 320 stales totally, and that doesn't even come up to .01 of a Bitcoin.

But I'm open to criticisms and suggestions. Wink
Activity: 504
Merit: 502

ABCPOOL

Pages:
Jump to: