Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED]#KN-R001 3TH/s Neptune KnCMiner, ord. #K27-BFYW-014072, PAID - page 8. (Read 33413 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Great news!

Hope it will arrive quickly, but i'm afraid that giving a free miner means they are not shipping them soon.

Zska
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Excellent news Solar..  I know it's been a painful wait, but so far it seems like every manufacturer has had issues, and I've learned the virtue of patience.
What are your plans on dividing the extra hashing power between the shares? 
(Note: I read the news release to to be that the extra unit will come from the third batch, so it's doubtful they arrive together.)

Everyone will get an equal increase in hashing power to match the new total hashrate.  Smiley

Who is this everyone?

Posted earlier
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvMjxnIDQFujdHpHd0ZaNkFIZGw4QmtWdW0zbGxVSkE&usp=sharing#gid=24
Activity: 358
Merit: 255
Did you get a new website up yet?

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Lux e tenebris
Excellent news Solar..  I know it's been a painful wait, but so far it seems like every manufacturer has had issues, and I've learned the virtue of patience.
(Note: I read the news release to to be that the extra unit will come from the third batch, so it's doubtful they arrive together.)

Everyone will get an equal increase in hashing power to match the new total hashrate.  Smiley

Who is this everyone?
Activity: 966
Merit: 502

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Just found this NEWS RELEASE from KnCMiner, all Neptune customers from the first and second batch will receive a second Neptune FOR FREE!!

That means that we will receive a total minimum of 6 TH/s, if my estimate of 4.5 TH/s is correct we will receive ~9-10 TH/s in total Smiley.

Quote from: KnCMiner
Neptune performance upgrade
4/28/2014 6:48:00 PM
KnCMiner Offers Two-for-One Deal on Bitcoin Mining’s Most Powerful Machine to Loyal Customers

STOCKHOLM, DATE, 2014 — KnCMiner (https://www.kncminer.com/), the most trusted brand in Bitcoin mining, announced today that it will give every current customer who has an outstanding order for a machine from its Neptune line’s first two batches a free Neptune from its upcoming “third batch” of Neptunes. This represents a $5,995 value and, perhaps more importantly, will provide KnCMiner’s most loyal customers with twice the hashing power they would have otherwise received with just one of these machines.

“We know that it is getting tougher to successfully mine in this environment and we want our customers to have every advantage we can give them,” said KnCMiner CEO Sam Cole. “So to combat the downward trend in mining returns for the customers who have been with us right from the beginning, and to show our competition we mean business, we will be over-delivering again on all orders.”

Neptune is KnCMiner’s first 20nm product. It features a minimum of 3,000 GH/s (aka 3 TH/s) of hashing speed, five times faster than the company’s most recent bestselling miner, the Jupiter. It also boasts a 30 percent reduction in watts-per-GH. Thanks to KnCMiner’s offer, each customer who ordered a first or second batch Neptune, will get a minimum 6TH for each order, with their original 3TH product shipped in June and the free “third batch” machine delivered in August.

“As miners face growing competition, and the increasing difficulty to mine Bitcoin, we will keep working on creative and unorthodox ways to put the best and most loyal customers on the planet first and provide them with the competitive edge they’ve come to expect from KnCMiner,” said Cole.

The company has recently announced other initiatives to engage all form of cryptominers, including the launch of a “Mini Neptune” machine (1500 GH/s, $3,495), and for all those Litecoin and Dogecoin enthusiasts, the availability of scrypt miners—the Titan (300 MH/s, $9,995) and “Mini Titan” (150 MH/s, $5,495). KnCMiner also offers cloud-hosted mining participation to existing customers. To learn more about these products and services, please visit https://www.kncminer.com.

About KnC
KnCMiner is the most trusted brand in Bitcoin mining. The company specializes in building leading-edge hardware that secures transactions for the distributed Bitcoin network and other digital currency pools like Litecoin and Dogecoin. KnCMiner offers a range of goods and services that allow for all levels of cryptomining participation, large and small. The company was founded in 2013 by Sam Cole, Marcus Erlandsson, Andreas Kennemar and Michael Unnebäck after the merger of ORSoC AB and Kennemar & Cole AB. The company’s leadership team has almost 30 years worth of experience in bringing excellent services and products to the global market. For more information, please visit https://www.kncminer.com.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

oh they increased the hash from 3 to 4.5? i didnt know XD

No, 4.5 TH/s is just my estimation using KnC's Jupiter specs.
Lux e tenebris
A refund, please.

We'd be nuts to keep this pretence up.

If not, anyone want my share?
Lux e tenebris
'early part of April' lol
last day of June, more like.
i agree, albeit this is a sunk cost fallacy, i like to believe that this isnt sunk yet (as in 100% we're not going to make roi at all), even if we got a refund, what would we use it on? scrypt miners? investing into the infrastructure for the hashing exchange? theres only so much we can do

on those points

scrypt miners are here, difficulty will go up, prices will go down and everyone in gpu mining is going to switch to scrypt n (i should probably set my 2 mhash to some scrypt n coins, im thinking the prices for those will rise since asics cant mine them)

as for investing into the hashing exchange, i believe that is going to be completely with or without the extra investment, plus we (the investors) already get 25% of the trading fee's because of the roll over that SWMC talked about

i just really hope the miner comes soon so we can finally see some "profit"

The sunk cost fallacy would only apply if the goal of purchasing the Neptune was to ROI in dollars rather than BTC. With the caveat that the actual mining hash of the Neptune is at least 4.5'ish TH/s and the Neptune arrives in the early part of April, the total BTC mined will exceed our BTC investment approximately by a minimum of 5 BTC (this is assuming that there are no additional factors that arise that will have a strong impact on the difficulty level, whether in our favor or not.)

oh they increased the hash from 3 to 4.5? i didnt know XD
i agree, albeit this is a sunk cost fallacy, i like to believe that this isnt sunk yet (as in 100% we're not going to make roi at all), even if we got a refund, what would we use it on? scrypt miners? investing into the infrastructure for the hashing exchange? theres only so much we can do

on those points

scrypt miners are here, difficulty will go up, prices will go down and everyone in gpu mining is going to switch to scrypt n (i should probably set my 2 mhash to some scrypt n coins, im thinking the prices for those will rise since asics cant mine them)

as for investing into the hashing exchange, i believe that is going to be completely with or without the extra investment, plus we (the investors) already get 25% of the trading fee's because of the roll over that SWMC talked about

The sunk cost fallacy would only apply if the goal of purchasing the Neptune was to ROI in dollars rather than BTC. With the caveat that the actual mining hash of the Neptune is at least 4.5'ish TH/s and the Neptune arrives in the early part of April, the total BTC mined will exceed our BTC investment approximately by a minimum of 5 BTC (this is assuming that there are no additional factors that arise that will have a strong impact on the difficulty level, whether in our favor or not.)

on those points

Activity: 440
Hello partners!

my opinion is we should take a risk and wait for miner to arrive.
We all took a risk already, when we participated to this project, so I think canceling order is giving up.
What BTC scene needs is TRUST.

This is just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

And THANKS James for all your work!

Zska

Thanks Zska for the encouraging words and I agree with you.
Activity: 4
Hello partners!

my opinion is we should take a risk and wait for miner to arrive.
We all took a risk already, when we participated to this project, so I think canceling order is giving up.
What BTC scene needs is TRUST.

This is just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

And THANKS James for all your work!

Zska
Nothing from KnC thus far.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
Activity: 16
Pages:
Jump to: