Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED]Minion Chip Assembly GB - page 61. (Read 77306 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 106
July 08, 2014, 07:26:06 PM
Does anybody have 4 spare chips. this way i could get 2 full boards..

@y_boonstra

I will sell my 4 spares for 0.2 BTC ~= $120 at todays price.

Escrow deal.

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
July 08, 2014, 06:57:51 PM
Heres the plan. Should keep it simple, give everyone including marto plenty of time, and get things going ASAP.

First Batch of this will go off like this:

1. You must PM me your Order Number [BA/MS] Email used to place the order, units ordered, total chips , Exchange Chips for assembly cost [Yes/No] (you must do all one or another, will be too much to keep up otherwise)

2. The Above must be done by Thursday Night 8PM Mountain Time USA

3. We will get all of the submitted orders converted to chips by BA, and shipped to us first thing Friday morning. Chips will arrive to us Monday/Tuesday, be counted for accuracy, and reshipped to marto via DHL Express.

4. By Wednesday, you will need to have paid for your assembly, either by electing to use chips, or by paying the assembly value of 164EUR (Includes our 20% discount) in BTC to an address, so that we can pay marto as a group for the order.

5. When your miners are assembled, you will have the option of having it shipped from us here in the US, or shipped direct from marto at your cost either way. From marto will be much cheaper for EU, from us will be cheaper for US.

Please keep the PMs to me to just the requested information, I dont want to miss any ones order. If you have any questions, please ask it here.

We will be offering discounted PSUs and Coolers as we get a little bit closer.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
July 08, 2014, 06:29:00 PM
I am also still on board with this.  I sent the PM last night.

-BrimStone
Owner, Minersource.net
July 08, 2014, 05:41:48 PM
Do we get minions for each compensation unit we're supposed to receive as well?

No, just the ordered units.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
July 08, 2014, 05:33:33 PM
Do we get minions for each compensation unit we're supposed to receive as well?
Activity: 72
July 08, 2014, 05:01:21 PM
hope im still on bobsag won't to go into details i know you have a lot to handle right now
you have all informations about my order on this i let you work in peace
Activity: 374
Merit: 250
July 08, 2014, 04:58:30 PM
Does anybody have 4 spare chips. this way i could get 2 full boards..
Activity: 504
July 08, 2014, 04:39:20 PM
Cheers for that Bobsag3 at least we know what time frame we have.
Owner, Minersource.net
July 08, 2014, 04:30:38 PM
We will not be buying back spare chips, and chips can either be sent from BA to me to Technobit, or direct from BA to technobit. I have the list up to this point, I will submit the orders to be cashed for chips Thursday night 8PM mountain time, to get the chips shipped out Friday morning. At the time that I submit that, all orders will be final and there will be no going back.
July 08, 2014, 04:24:49 PM
Does MS buying maybe byting those spare chips?

Are you asking:

Is minersource willing to buy our minion chips off us ( at a cheaper price than BlackArrow sells them for ) ?

I would also like to know this.

exactly that! Cheesy

You could maybe:

Start an auction thread for your 100 * minion chips, use escrow.

We have until thrusday to join this group buy.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
July 08, 2014, 04:08:12 PM

Are you asking:

Is minersource willing to buy our minion chips off us ( at a cheaper price than BlackArrow sells them for ) ?

exactly that! Cheesy
July 08, 2014, 04:05:42 PM
I think minersource is only sending out and we have to arrange delivery back to us. As they are not taking any payments from us that is the way I understand it.

I'm also in europe so this kills import from china fees for me also (which is nice!)

I'm guessing that 12 or 13 populated boards would be only a modestly sized squarish parcel, could get 2 day international shipping for a reasonable price.

Jeez though, 6KW of power needed, would push my house to the edge. sure would be a warm winter though, provided miners still pay electric bill by then.
Activity: 504
July 08, 2014, 03:54:47 PM
I think minersource is only sending out and we have to arrange delivery back to us. As they are not taking any payments from us that is the way I understand it.
July 08, 2014, 03:50:59 PM

Are you asking:

July 08, 2014, 03:47:28 PM
Is MS buying maybe those spare chips?
July 08, 2014, 03:37:47 PM
So with 100 chips (x3 comp):

48 chips for minersource

48 chips for me

minersource take my 48 chips and populate them onto:

12 x Technobit HEX4M boards.

The 4 remaining chips I could pay minersource EUR_205 to give me a total of:

13 x populated Technobit HEX4M boards == 13 * 0.4 == 5.2 TH

with scope to overclock to ~6.2 TH

EDIT: yes it seems this is the deal after reading other thread, I will probably be PMing bobsaq.

If we accept this,do we have some more investments?

Without further investment you could only receive the populated boards for which you would have to pay shipping.

So pessimistically lets say those four extra chips pay for fast shipping, you would get:

12 * populated Technobit HEX4M boards == 12 * 0.4 == 4.8 TH  (overclock to ~5.7 TH)

These you could sell as almost ready to go miners.

Or you could buy PSUs and coolers and mine with them or sell them on as complete miners.

The question is how much could these completed (or just populated board) miners be sold for, in say six weeks?
Activity: 407
Merit: 255
July 08, 2014, 03:22:01 PM
Everyone should accept/decline this deal based on the face value costs, and consider any discount to be bonus for the reasons of planning. Also all those PMing me asking for special things or consideration, sorry but this GB is already going to eat into what little time during the day I have left, and cant be taking 30 minutes per person to make special arrangements.

ok but can you tell us how much we will need to invest?if I have for example x3(100 asics) what are additional costs for me and how much is that so I could have a working miner(if we subtract half of chips for boards of course)?

This topic has been covered but just to go over highlights.

x-3 converts to 100 chips.

To do a chip to board conversion and payment with chips you need 48 chips for 12 boards.

Then 48 chips go to Martin for payment with 4 chips leftover.

You then need 48 -Intel 1150 heats sinks/fans 100watts cooling min. Average cost is around $25 per heat sink so $1200.

You need min 12 -500 watt power supplies. Average cost is around $50 so $600

Add in two open wrt controllers for around $50 .

So your cost will be around $1850 not including shipping and what power supplies you get and heat sinks.
Activity: 93
July 08, 2014, 03:21:39 PM
I've been running the numbers for several different options.  It looks like for one X3 order, you're looking at a minimum of 1000 for the extra costs.  That would include shipping, CHEAP heatsinks (~10 ea), cheap PSUs (~30 ea) and PCIe cables since most 30-dollar PSUs have maybe one PCIe connector.  So for about 1000-2000 USD you could add anywhere from 1.5-2.5 TH/s in mining power.  It's not a bad deal.  My problem is coming up with that extra money to throw at this.  Not to mention how I would host upwards of 5kW and associated heat.  Especially here in the southern U.S.  It's too damn hot.

Bobsag, any ideas if you would be able to offer hosting packages for purchase if we needed some of our boards hosted?
Activity: 115
“Create Your Decentralized Life”
July 08, 2014, 03:11:47 PM
Everyone should accept/decline this deal based on the face value costs, and consider any discount to be bonus for the reasons of planning. Also all those PMing me asking for special things or consideration, sorry but this GB is already going to eat into what little time during the day I have left, and cant be taking 30 minutes per person to make special arrangements.

ok but can you tell us how much we will need to invest?if I have for example x3(100 asics) what are additional costs for me and how much is that so I could have a working miner(if we subtract half of chips for boards of course)?

48 Chips to pay for 12 boards
48 chips to populate the 12 boards
4 chips left over.

Extra cost to you:
Shipping of 12 boards to you.
48 cpu coolers.
~6000 Watts of power to feed 12 boards.
Extra PCI-E cables. (if your power supply doesn't have enough, 3 per board are needed)
July 08, 2014, 02:53:04 PM

Pages:
Jump to: