Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSED]R3/R4: Extended HF FLASH SALE PRICING! 2 HF Sierras, At-Cost+Host, PAID - page 2. (Read 16172 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
I know the law moves slowly, so how's your day DZ?

Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It's been a couple weeks since we got an update.  Anything new happening?
Let's see: since the last post in a R1-4 thread.

- Zero updates to our "Customer Support Ticket" sent in early January demanding a full BTC and USD refund for R1-4 via a paralegal, where appropriate.
- Litigation against HF was filed in Texas.
- We're meeting w/ the attorneys to go over this litigation this week.
- The January bill came in and it was ugly.
- Claims of damages seem to make sense as we all have had lost opportunity costs due to their deceptive advertising and outright fraudulent behavior (FTC regs. state that if product is delayed you *must* give the customer the opportunity for a full refund.) No promises on this but I'm firm that if damages are awarded that all would share in this (minus atty. fees) based on their percentage of ownership of that round's miners.
- Also, I can confirm that one of the D&L attorneys received an inquiry from a community rep re: legal precedents in cases like this.

That's about it...oh and a passive aggressive email from HF a little while back finally confirming payment on one of the R1-2B upgrades paid months ago with a bolded msg. at the bottom saying something to the effect of: "ALL SALES FINALS. NO REFUNDS."

I, for one, would've never gotten involved with HF GBs without the Full BTC refunds promised publicly by both Simon Barber and Cara, after supposedly checking with the bosses.

Thanks for the update.  Even if there isn't any real news it's reassuring to get updates from time to time.  Let us know how it goes with the lawyers.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Let's see: since the last post in a R1-4 thread.

- Zero updates to our "Customer Support Ticket" sent in early January demanding a full BTC and USD refund for R1-4 via a paralegal, where appropriate.
- Litigation against HF was filed in Texas.
- We're meeting w/ the attorneys to go over this litigation this week.
- The January bill came in and it was ugly.
- Claims of damages seem to make sense as we all have had lost opportunity costs due to their deceptive advertising and outright fraudulent behavior (FTC regs. state that if product is delayed you *must* give the customer the opportunity for a full refund.) No promises on this but I'm firm that if damages are awarded that all would share in this (minus atty. fees) based on their percentage of ownership of that round's miners.
- Also, I can confirm that one of the D&L attorneys received an inquiry from a community rep re: legal precedents in cases like this.

That's about it...oh and a passive aggressive email from HF a little while back finally confirming payment on one of the R1-2B upgrades paid months ago with a bolded msg. at the bottom saying something to the effect of: "ALL SALES FINALS. NO REFUNDS."

I, for one, would've never gotten involved with HF GBs without the Full BTC refunds promised publicly by both Simon Barber and Cara, after supposedly checking with the bosses.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
good point I have a share in round 1
Any news on the HF front?  I know you guys are busy with R17 but don't forget us.
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
Im not involved,

If anyone wants my r1-r2 shares let me know, Ill take cash value.
legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037
DZ, did you get any notification about shipping?

The new company has decided that even if HF ships they will hold out for a full BTC refund,

Everyone in R1-r2 is screwed on the baby jets that are shipping (not for us) albeit late but some people will get a full btc refund if they are successful with there legal process.

Im sure you are all ok with this right? Huh

Yes that's fine with me, I was just asking  Smiley

Good luck with the legal process
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I'm not in a rush, if waiting will help get a BTC refund. So be it.
Activity: 200
Merit: 100

The new company has decided that even if HF ships they will hold out for a full BTC refund,

Everyone in R1-r2 is screwed on the baby jets that are shipping (not for us) albeit late but some people will get a full btc refund if they are successful with there legal process.

Im sure you are all ok with this right? Huh

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
legendary
Thanks for all your hard work guys.  Making sure these hardware companies are held liable for things like this is important for the future of mining.
legendary
UPDATE for R3 and R4: They're forcing USD refunds on people that didn't request them if you missed that in the CH forum yesterday. If this is forced on us, we are *not* cashing this refund check worth about 1/8th of our orig. BTC sent for R1-4, and will consult with our legal team.

It was a major PITA to get all the evidence in place, and in chronological order for our attorneys but HashFast heard from our attorneys yesterday and we have an official support ticket in the system, FWIW. It's also been a drain on the co-op's energy to have to fight this in the middle of the move/expansion.

We're doing our best to get full BTC refunds for everyone that bought into R1-4 with Bitcoin (except for R2, which was orig. bought via Wire Transfer by someone else so it will be in USD; the upgrade R2B was paid in BTC).

To fight to get this full BTC refunds for us and to make sure we were represented by a battle tested legal team, we plan on deducting the legal costs among the 4 rounds. We estimate this cost to be about $250-300 at this time (could go up if we go to arbitration).

That would work out to about $2.50-$3 per R1-4 share (which includes upgrades for R1-2). The upside is: for those that bought GB shares with bitcoin, if we get our full BTC back from HashFast, even with this small deduction for legal expenses you'd be refunded 6-9x your USD value back from your original BTC purchase amount(s) depending on when you bought your GB shares.

If you paid in USD, these refund terms and legal fees don't apply, and we will send back the original USD amount(s) sent when our full refund arrives.

Thanks for the update. Apparently someone has already been successful obtaining a sentence for a BTC refund from BFL (although BFL hasn’t paid it yet).

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1u4v0o/i_sued_bfl_in_kansas_jurisdiction_and_won
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
UPDATE for R3 and R4: They're forcing USD refunds on people that didn't request them if you missed that in the CH forum yesterday. If this is forced on us, we are *not* cashing this refund check worth about 1/8th of our orig. BTC sent for R1-4, and will consult with our legal team.

It was a major PITA to get all the evidence in place, and in chronological order for our attorneys but HashFast heard from our attorneys yesterday and we have an official support ticket in the system, FWIW. It's also been a drain on the co-op's energy to have to fight this in the middle of the move/expansion.

We're doing our best to get full BTC refunds for everyone that bought into R1-4 with Bitcoin (except for R2, which was orig. bought via Wire Transfer by someone else so it will be in USD; the upgrade R2B was paid in BTC).

To fight to get this full BTC refunds for us and to make sure we were represented by a battle tested legal team, we plan on deducting the legal costs among the 4 rounds. We estimate this cost to be about $250-300 at this time (could go up if we go to arbitration).

That would work out to about $2.50-$3 per R1-4 share (which includes upgrades for R1-2). The upside is: for those that bought GB shares with bitcoin, if we get our full BTC back from HashFast, even with this small deduction for legal expenses you'd be refunded 6-9x your USD value back from your original BTC purchase amount(s) depending on when you bought your GB shares.

If you paid in USD, these refund terms and legal fees don't apply, and we will send back the original USD amount(s) sent when our full refund arrives.
Pages:
Jump to: