Pages:
Author

Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool - page 27. (Read 102241 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I'd like to know how to create a schedule to reboot or restart cgminer.
You could try CGwatcher.  That will monitor it, restart it at specified intervals if required, restart it if it misbehaves, etc.

I find the hash rate varies throughout the day, presumably something to do with the bandwidth available in the area.  Mine goes from a high of around 220K, falls to around 190K during late afternoon and evening, then climbs back up again.  That's on what is supposedly a high speed fibre optic connection; if I switch everything over to an ADSL line (I have both available) it drops by at least a quarter at any time of day.  BTC mining on Slush's pool using BFGminer varies in the same way.

If you aren't using your gridseeds in dual mode, use BFGminer - no HW errors and averaging about 355k/hs per device at 850. http://cryptomining-blog.com/1883-download-the-latest-bfgminer-3-99-0-for-windows-with-gridseed-asic-support/

I'll look into it.  Cgminer is reporting 360kh each (total 7.2 MH) as well. So did BFGminer on Windows.   Its the pool that says different.  I know the pool is an estimate but not by THAT huge a difference.

If this is bfginer for Rasp Pi, I'll check it out.

Be careful there are a lot of cgminer 3.7.2 versions out there. They are not all equal. I had a early version that did not detect a USB issue and the unit appeared to be mining but is you looked closely the accepted shares for one tor two units would stop increasing. switch to a new version that displays the serial numbers and allows individual clock setting and this version would show a unit dropping off due to a USB error. I wrote a script to monitor cgminer via the API and stop and restart cgminer if a unit stops working. you need to have --api-allow and --api-listen w:127.0.0.1 command line settings.

Here is a copy of the script. Don't judge my programming skills by this script it was a quick hack. I called the script "check_cgminer". It assumes you have a startup script called "start.sh" in the directory "/home/pi". The crontab entry I use is "*/5 *   * * *   root    /home/pi/check_cgminer". This checks the that all the gridseeds are healthy every 5 minutes.

if you run the script with the -v option it outputs diagnostic data. "./check_cgminer -v"

Good luck.

#------------------------ BEGIN ---------------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/perl

$verbose = 0;
$restart = 0;

if ($ARGV[0] eq "-v")
{
        $verbose = 1;
}

my $cmd = 'echo "{\"command\":\"devs\"}" | nc 127.0.0.1 4028';
 my $res = `$cmd`;

$res =~ s/["]//g;

if ($verbose)
{
        print "Results:\n$res\n\n";
}

while ($res =~ m/ASC:(\d+),Name:(.+?),ID:(\d+),Enabled:(.+?),(.*?),(.*?),(.*?),(.*?),(.*?),(.*?),(.*?),(.*?),(.*?),Last\sValid\sWork:(.*?),/g)
{
        if ( $4  eq "N" )
        {
                $restart = 1;
        }
        $msg =  '{ ASC ' . $1 . ' , ' . $2 . ' ' . $3 . ' , Enabled ' . $4 . ' ,  Valid Work ' . $14 .' }';

$cmd2 = 'date --date=@' . $14 . '' ;
        my $lvw = `$cmd2`;
        $lvw =~ s/\n//g;
        if ($verbose)
        {
                print "Device Data: $msg $lvw\n";
        }
        $results .= 'Device Data: '. $msg . ' ' . $lvw . "\n";
}

if ($restart)
{
        sleep(5);
        print "CGMINER needs to be restarted\n";
        my $cmd = 'echo "{\"command\":\"quit\"}" | nc 127.0.0.1 4028';
        my $res = `$cmd`;
        print "CGMINER Reply $res\n";
        sleep(10);

my $cmd = 'sudo /home/pi/start.sh';
        my $res = `$cmd`;

my $cmd = 'date >> /tmp/restart.log';
        my $res = `$cmd`;
}

#------------------------ END ---------------------------------------

Activity: 677
Merit: 500
I just got 20 Gridseeds a couple days ago with a Rasp Pi.  At 850 MHz, almost no HW errors.  I'm expecting around 7.2 MH (360 kh/s x 20), but Scryptguild says I'm getting around 6.2 to 6.5 MH.  It's been hashing for 48 hours.  Lots of rejects though (anywhere between 6 to 10%).

Even so, would that account for an almost 1 MH/s discrepancy?

PS:  Also tried it at 800 Mhz.  Expected rate should be 6.8 MH/s, but I see 5.8 to 6.2 MH/s on Scryptguild.  All units are hashing away with little to no HW errors either.
What mining software?

Cgminer
I'm seeing around 6.7 to 7.0 MH with 20. It's strange, I have drop offs I can't explain, it looks like it's running, I see shares submitted by all attached units on the display but the ScryptGuild Dashboard says otherwise. If I start/stop cgminer the speed picks up for 9-10 hours, then I see it dip on the graph and cycle again. Time for a cron job I guess. Or I was thinking about breaking them up over a couple to see if I can narrow down the bad "seed".

I see the same.  I set minimum difficulty at 256 and before it auto adjusts to 512, rejections were lower.  I get about 6.8 to 7 MH for the first few hours then it drops as low as 6.2 MH.

As for intensity, I don't think there is an intensity setting for Grid seeds.  And the Scryptguild has rate estimation explanation doesn't account for a full MH missing.  I have GPU hash rates that are closer to the reported hashrate on cgminer.

If you're using Windows, this can be done really easily with some batch files and Task Scheduler.

Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with Windows.  I'm a fish out of water with the Rasp Pi.  I did find a way to do it using cron.  It doesn't help though.  Seem like 6.2 to 6.6 MH/s is the best I can do with 20 GSDs at 850 MHz.
adv
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Manual conversion was only available as a means to test a high volume of trades on Cryptsy to identify all of their (MANY) API failure/errors/inconsistencies before automating the process.
Thank you, I thought you plan to keep and manual and automatic conversion on your site.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
Where I can find the non-automatic conversion now? I found Automatic Conversion on/off button only.

If you want to turn off automatic conversion for a certain coin, set an extremely high reserve for it and set your wallet to a local wallet or an exchange.  Manual conversion was only available as a means to test a high volume of trades on Cryptsy to identify all of their (MANY) API failure/errors/inconsistencies before automating the process.
adv
Activity: 168
Where I can find the non-automatic conversion now? I found Automatic Conversion on/off button only.
Activity: 14
I just got 20 Gridseeds a couple days ago with a Rasp Pi.  At 850 MHz, almost no HW errors.  I'm expecting around 7.2 MH (360 kh/s x 20), but Scryptguild says I'm getting around 6.2 to 6.5 MH.  It's been hashing for 48 hours.  Lots of rejects though (anywhere between 6 to 10%).

PS:  Also tried it at 800 Mhz.  Expected rate should be 6.8 MH/s, but I see 5.8 to 6.2 MH/s on Scryptguild.  All units are hashing away with little to no HW errors either.
What mining software?

Cgminer
I'm seeing around 6.7 to 7.0 MH with 20. It's strange, I have drop offs I can't explain, it looks like it's running, I see shares submitted by all attached units on the display but the ScryptGuild Dashboard says otherwise. If I start/stop cgminer the speed picks up for 9-10 hours, then I see it dip on the graph and cycle again. Time for a cron job I guess. Or I was thinking about breaking them up over a couple to see if I can narrow down the bad "seed".

I see the same.  I set minimum difficulty at 256 and before it auto adjusts to 512, rejections were lower.  I get about 6.8 to 7 MH for the first few hours then it drops as low as 6.2 MH.

As for intensity, I don't think there is an intensity setting for Grid seeds.  And the Scryptguild has rate estimation explanation doesn't account for a full MH missing.  I have GPU hash rates that are closer to the reported hashrate on cgminer.

If you're using Windows, this can be done really easily with some batch files and Task Scheduler.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
@ eleuthria

Is it possible to merge mine scrypt coins, rather than just one at a time?
You could try CGwatcher.  That will monitor it, restart it at specified intervals if required, restart it if it misbehaves, etc.

I find the hash rate varies throughout the day, presumably something to do with the bandwidth available in the area.  Mine goes from a high of around 220K, falls to around 190K during late afternoon and evening, then climbs back up again.  That's on what is supposedly a high speed fibre optic connection; if I switch everything over to an ADSL line (I have both available) it drops by at least a quarter at any time of day.  BTC mining on Slush's pool using BFGminer varies in the same way.

If you aren't using your gridseeds in dual mode, use BFGminer - no HW errors and averaging about 355k/hs per device at 850. http://cryptomining-blog.com/1883-download-the-latest-bfgminer-3-99-0-for-windows-with-gridseed-asic-support/

I'll look into it.  Cgminer is reporting 360kh each (total 7.2 MH) as well. So did BFGminer on Windows.   Its the pool that says different.  I know the pool is an estimate but not by THAT huge a difference.

If this is bfginer for Rasp Pi, I'll check it out.
Activity: 2

Activity: 221

What mining software?

Cgminer

Activity: 221
Lots of rejects though (anywhere between 6 to 10%).
The high number of rejects may be due to the intensity setting; try reducing it to -I 13 which is likely to reduce the number of rejects, although you probably don't want to get it down to zero.

Remember that the hash rate shown on the ScryptGuild site is an estimate - a back-calculation based on submitted shares - rather than a definitive count, although it shouldn't be far out.

I have found that Cgminer (3.7.2) can benefit from the occasional restart: it tends to fall over after running continuously for a week or so.  I would too.
Activity: 626
Mining since May 2011.

PS:  Also tried it at 800 Mhz.  Expected rate should be 6.8 MH/s, but I see 5.8 to 6.2 MH/s on Scryptguild.  All units are hashing away with little to no HW errors either.
What mining software?

Cgminer

PS:  Also tried it at 800 Mhz.  Expected rate should be 6.8 MH/s, but I see 5.8 to 6.2 MH/s on Scryptguild.  All units are hashing away with little to no HW errors either.
What mining software?

Cgminer
Activity: 626
Mining since May 2011.

What mining software?

Activity: 28
Really liked this pool but Im moving on to another with more stats like btc/mhash daily etc... the most important for a miner to see....

Here are my most recent 5 stats on BTC/MHash/Day, first is oldest, last is today's:
0.00448 0.00482 0.00655 0.00551 0.00482

Error margin is around +/- 2%
Activity: 26
statistics -

13 hours
1,600.83 KH/s
Approx. BTC Value - 0.00234529

what is this? ))

on LTC it would turn out more  Grin

Have you been mining awhile? You definitely cannot quantify volume from 13hrs. Operationally, if you want to make an accurate judgement you need to analyse your data over several days. I would advise personally a week to be most accurate.

I have mined a long time and up until the last few months have moved to pools and very recently to scryptGuild. I solo mined LTC for agez and I know definitely that so far the payouts from scryptGuild are far better ...but also btc isn't doing very well at the moment so I tend to normalise my calculation to get a better idea of performance.

Anyway, just my opinion. Leave your rig go longer and see what the average is.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Lux e tenebris
That's the kind of thing.
apologies for ot
Activity: 26
Yes this is not a generated transaction.

Yes, remember btc-e, like any web wallet, could 'go down', 'get hacked' etc at any moment.

Use multibit or better for your wallet

I've been thinking about securing my volume a little better since the recent hack issues.

So multibit is something you rate highly? Do you encrypt and then backup offline to multiple locations on USB or the like?

Cheers
Pages:
Jump to: