Pages:
Author

Topic: Cloudmining 101 - page 10. (Read 27812 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 251
November 17, 2014, 08:24:14 PM
You gave this point to GAW.

3) No pictures of their hardware and datacenter
There is no reason not to provide such pictures, except of course, if there is nothing to take pictures off.

In reality pictures of their data centers are available:

Outside:
https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs15.postimg.org%2F5ahdyp6m3%2F14_central1.jpg&t=546&c=NxqoyAFcdcDH2w

Inside:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JqqP37Ygce4/VF0tEsgGprI/AAAAAAAAAkQ/pa6-Mrp43x4/s1600/Miners2.jpg
http://gawminers.eu/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/bgGSEVf.jpg

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
November 17, 2014, 07:47:13 PM
I don't think that it is possible to run cloud mining for long without mining at all.

Actually, it is. See Deprived Mining Speculation and Bitcoin Difficulty Derivative.
yvv
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
November 17, 2014, 07:29:33 PM
What can you tell me about "HP Hash Profit"?

https://hashprofit.com/en

Thank you,
Zorro

Look at my signature. They are all very risky. The only two which almost certainly will make me profit are hash profit and hashie. Hash profit is because I got a lot of free hashes through referrals during discount sale. And hashie is because I resold my hashes with 50% skim twice. What an idiot bought it for such a price is a mystery  for me.
yvv
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
November 17, 2014, 07:22:04 PM
I don't think that it is possible to run cloud mining for long without mining at all. Ponzi scheme requires exponentially increasing number of participants to run, otherwise scammers don't get profit. This is not what happens with cloud mining schemes. They may not own hardware, e.g. rent it or re-sell virtual hashes, but mining should happen somewhere. However, they can scam you many other ways.
Activity: 233
Merit: 100
November 17, 2014, 06:14:55 PM
First you get 200KH/s for 7 days as a present to test their system.
But at the same time they put preshure on you to buy hashpower with a discount of 40% on the regular price valid only for 24 hours.

What you you think?

I bought a litle bit and everything seems working well.

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
November 17, 2014, 05:07:18 PM
What can you tell me about "HP Hash Profit"?

https://hashprofit.com/en

Thank you,
Zorro

Nothing. What can you tell me about them?
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Infleum
November 17, 2014, 04:40:31 PM
I don't think cloud minings are scams, but you should really consider less risky investments. Before you give your money to anyone find out if he provides all the personal data and his company is registered.
A site can disappear but it's harder to move an office Wink
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
November 17, 2014, 02:28:00 PM
Very nice work puppet.

For LTCgear did you find a hardware to vouch for them?

Also do you know PETAmines mining address?

AMhash has provided mining addresses in case you missed it:

1HtUGfbDcMzTeHWx2Dbgnhc6kYnj1Hp24i
1ERszMSERwHNR9Xty73KZXpsg1jjBXWcHh
1K7AuMJwVfZg3UVjinnjT2HzG4pJvACat6
legendary
November 17, 2014, 01:34:30 PM
I think point 4 does not apply to cloudmining.website. It is 5%, not 10%. You may verify the same from their website and update the OP accordingly.

Reread point 4 (or more likely: 5) carefully.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 17, 2014, 01:30:56 PM
That you say you think you know someone who should know, doesnt cut it for me. Not saying you're being untruthful, but if you are doing business honestly, you just have to give correct contact information right on the website. Anything less than that is a big red flag.

I think point 4 does not apply to cloudmining.website. It is 5%, not 10%. You may verify the same from their website and update the OP accordingly.

so it makes it 5% less of a ponzi? is this what you are saying?
Activity: 133
November 17, 2014, 01:09:20 PM
That you say you think you know someone who should know, doesnt cut it for me. Not saying you're being untruthful, but if you are doing business honestly, you just have to give correct contact information right on the website. Anything less than that is a big red flag.

legendary
November 17, 2014, 01:02:58 PM
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1004
November 17, 2014, 12:48:13 PM
I only see claims he is an fpga dev, not an asic designer. And again  i dont care his online persona is well known, pirate was well known too. I want to know the legal person or entity behind it or its a obvious point. I know were to direct my lawyer if i want to sue cryptx or knc. Where do i go for ltcgear?
An address of Chris is known. He sold hardware and had a trade-in program, so a lot of people were provided with an address for returning
fpga boards. Also, several people paid with Paypal and already stated that they will make the details public if something goes wrong.

I don't have his address and I'm not interested in it, as long as he pays. But if he doesn't pay, his details will be posted all over.
Activity: 126
November 17, 2014, 12:03:01 PM
I mean you can invest in many things else like a PTC site or HYIP systems if you have enough experience. And guess what, you said bitcoin rate had decreased 60% in last 10 months, but if you make a comparision with this times last year, it doesnt change much.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
November 17, 2014, 11:25:29 AM
Now this is good stuff!  Great job Puppet.
legendary
November 17, 2014, 10:59:01 AM
well, thanks for your information. Its very usefull Cheesy. In my opinion, there are no reasons to invest in cloudmining now, ROI is too long X_X

What is a good investment then?
Bitcoin? Lost 60% of value in 10 months.
Altcoins? Even more unstable, basically a gamble.
Hardware mining? Not all of us have a spare room.
Keep fiat on a savings account? The interest will barely deal with inflation.

So what are you saying? Its better to lose bitcoins to a scam than dollars to price variation? ? I havent lost a satoshi in the past year, thats certainty better than any cloudmining contract.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Small Red and Bad
November 17, 2014, 10:51:07 AM
well, thanks for your information. Its very usefull Cheesy. In my opinion, there are no reasons to invest in cloudmining now, ROI is too long X_X

What is a good investment then?
Bitcoin? Lost 60% of value in 10 months.
Altcoins? Even more unstable, basically a gamble.
Hardware mining? Not all of us have a spare room.
Keep fiat on a savings account? The interest will barely deal with inflation.

I only see claims he is an fpga dev, not an asic designer. And again  i dont care his online persona is well known, i want to know the legal person or entity behind it or its a obvious point. I know were to direct my lawyer if i want to sue cryptx or knc. Where do i go for ltcgear?

Usagi Tongue

Now it all makes sense...

Activity: 322
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
November 17, 2014, 10:40:19 AM
I only see claims he is an fpga dev, not an asic designer. And again  i dont care his online persona is well known, i want to know the legal person or entity behind it or its a obvious point. I know were to direct my lawyer if i want to sue cryptx or knc. Where do i go for ltcgear?

Usagi Tongue
legendary
November 17, 2014, 10:37:59 AM

By that standard, every site in existence would have a 7.    What you are demanding doesn't mean anything.   Chris is a real ASIC designer and well know in the community.    He is a real person.   Doesn't mean that he or anyone else couldn't run off with the money though.  

I only see claims he is an fpga dev, not an asic designer. And again  i dont care his online persona is well known, pirate was well known too. I want to know the legal person or entity behind it or its a obvious point. I know were to direct my lawyer if i want to sue cryptx or knc. Where do i go for ltcgear?
legendary
November 17, 2014, 10:28:22 AM
You probably should also add in 8, the cloud mining has been operating for more then a year. Usually ponzi don't last long..

Normal ponzi's dont, but a mining ponzi can easily last that long or longer. Potentially forever see my disclaimer.
Pages:
Jump to: