Pages:
Author

Topic: Cloudmining 101 - page 6. (Read 27761 times)

Activity: 402
Merit: 250
November 23, 2014, 09:37:47 AM
This list bases on a few criteria, so one must do their own research first.
LTCGear has been so far good and so has been PBMining.
But i would never put money down on PETAmine, the payouts they give out is far less than what should be for 1Gh, plus other users seem to think it is a long con.
Criterias should include real world contact and reachability, a real person(s) behind this and has someone visited them etc.

EDIT: Tho thanks for doing the work, it does cut some of the work vetting these out Smiley
Activity: 854
Merit: 510
November 22, 2014, 01:20:42 AM
ltcgear                       1+3+4+5+6              => 5/7 = (very) suspicious (info welcome)

LTCgear is ending the temporary affiliate program so #5 will no longer be valid.

Seems like LTCgear is backing down on ending the affiliate program.   They really should just end it!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
November 21, 2014, 08:42:13 PM
Based on order numbers LTCGear has sold 1400 GH ..

1400 GH.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 21, 2014, 08:34:44 PM
zencloud hi fees poor earning fast withdraw btc
November 21, 2014, 12:39:33 AM
ltcgear                       1+3+4+5+6              => 5/7 = (very) suspicious (info welcome)

LTCgear is ending the temporary affiliate program so #5 will no longer be valid.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
November 20, 2014, 08:06:46 PM
Activity: 569
Merit: 507
November 20, 2014, 07:40:56 PM

I suggest a #8, do they send payouts to the address of your choice : for example ltc gear does, but gaw/zen and zoomhash (dunno about others) don't, so you don't really have your money until you withdraw if you can.

This is what I hate about hashie and havelock the most. They don't have automatic payouts to the address of your choice, but even worse, their withdrawal fee is ridiculous.

wow, withdrawal fee? nasty
Activity: 470
November 20, 2014, 06:55:03 PM
Nice list Puppet.

Just like the old PMBs you would see around here, I would imagine that most cloud mining offerings are unprofitable, not actually mining or outright scams.
yvv
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
November 20, 2014, 05:34:00 PM

I suggest a #8, do they send payouts to the address of your choice : for example ltc gear does, but gaw/zen and zoomhash (dunno about others) don't, so you don't really have your money until you withdraw if you can.

This is what I hate about hashie and havelock the most. They don't have automatic payouts to the address of your choice, but even worse, their withdrawal fee is ridiculous.
November 20, 2014, 03:06:30 PM
About GAW, I don't think their pics/endorsement should count as evidence they are legit.

They claimed to have ~750-1000 GH/s worth of hashlets mining scrypt in Oct 2. At that time the entire litecoin network was 1037 GH/s.

I find it hard to believe the litecoin/altcoin network could sustain such massive dumping, and on top of that GAW found some mysterious way to make their payouts higher than normal the conversion rate from ltc to btc.

All the pics of GAW's hardware combined only account for a few % of what they are claiming. Someone counted ~300 x 40 MH/s units which is only 12 GH/s.

I could be wrong but I think you're considering the new Bitmain 5ph/s order as an endorsement but that is long after GAW claimed to be running several MW worth of hardware.

that was indeed a red flag. What they supposedly had vs ltc network rate...something was off
November 20, 2014, 02:59:13 PM

Okay this has been fun, but I have to get back to figuring out what I'm going to tell my wife if LTCgear does turn out to be a Ponzi scheme!

I can at least estimate that based on insane number of sales ltcgear made with his new 'product' (monitoring his shopping cart page shows 800+ sold in last 24 hours) there's high possibility that there will be more dividend payments because growing LTC difficulty can cause this pyramid work a bit longer as was explained. Even If he already sold 1000 GHs he only needs 150000 LTC this week to pay dividends which he collects in sales within one day.

BTW even now you can buy from him 350+ items at once if you wanted 60 GH/s of SCRYPT miners and had $250k USD spare cash - easy like that lol

while the ltc difficulty is a built-in mechanism whose output (ltc payout) is reduced (almost continously), ltcgear does multiplications that make up for the difficulty drops. While that alone is another flag (because multiplications are a bit too good), that just removes the ltc difficulty is a factor for what could be considered a scheme (it may just be a smarter scheme Smiley )
November 20, 2014, 02:56:11 PM
i signed up and got 10GH/s free. if it ever accrues 1BTC i'll buy the 20GH/s required for cash-out  Grin
i won't hold my breath!

LOL. Some freebee. Ill give you a PH if you want, I just wont let you cash out Smiley.

They do allow you cash out if you buy 20Ghs. You still have your free 10Ghs when you buy. It would be ridiculous if they payed you just for signing up.

supposedly GAW is doing that with the free hashlet, but I haven't personally done it
November 20, 2014, 02:55:00 PM
yvv
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
November 20, 2014, 11:10:17 AM
i signed up and got 10GH/s free. if it ever accrues 1BTC i'll buy the 20GH/s required for cash-out  Grin
i won't hold my breath!

LOL. Some freebee. Ill give you a PH if you want, I just wont let you cash out Smiley.

They do allow you cash out if you buy 20Ghs. You still have your free 10Ghs when you buy. It would be ridiculous if they payed you just for signing up.
Activity: 291
November 20, 2014, 08:55:46 AM

Okay this has been fun, but I have to get back to figuring out what I'm going to tell my wife if LTCgear does turn out to be a Ponzi scheme!

I can at least estimate that based on insane number of sales ltcgear made with his new 'product' (monitoring his shopping cart page shows 800+ sold in last 24 hours) there's high possibility that there will be more dividend payments because growing LTC difficulty can cause this pyramid work a bit longer as was explained. Even If he already sold 1000 GHs he only needs 150000 LTC this week to pay dividends which he collects in sales within one day.

BTW even now you can buy from him 350+ items at once if you wanted 60 GH/s of SCRYPT miners and had $250k USD spare cash - easy like that lol

November 20, 2014, 06:06:21 AM
Hi Puppet,

Please update Hashie's rating: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9599671

-Sahra

I dont see whats there to update. So you are now reselling amhash, which is already rated. Your own so called hashrate remains as unproven and dubious as before (there is more than a sliver of irony in the fact you tout AMhash's provable hashrate). So all the red flags still apply.

To be honest, Im at a loss why anyone would buy amhash through you.

So they could lose 9% + $1.10 when they sell it?   That has to be cheaper than HavelockInvestments! Right?  Wink   On the bright side if they sell more than $110 worth it is cheaper than GAW's cut ...    

I've been invested in Hashie for over a month now.   Outside of good customer support, they don't have much going for them.    So I haven't been adding to my investments.   Heck I totally loath BTCjam and I have 25 times as much invested there as I do in Hashie.   It is just sad.  

Relative investments:  (Of sites included here, except BTCjam which I just mentioned)
Hashie:   1 x
CEX.io:    1 x
BTCjam:  25 x
GAW:      500 x
LTCgear: 2500 x

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
November 20, 2014, 05:34:00 AM
At first glance, I see no proof of mining. No public mining addresses, no convincing pictures. They claim to be mining with GPU's, so lack of endorsement I think can be forgiven. They list a postal address, but I cant verify if its legitimate and their domain is once again whoisguard protected. So far, Id say thats enough reason to avoid it.
legendary
Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072
quack
November 20, 2014, 05:19:21 AM
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
November 20, 2014, 05:01:26 AM
i won't hold my breath!

does it come with bouncy pie charts and meaningless graphs?

Yeah I can do it on condition you order and pay for another imaginary 2PH for a really low price.
And you agree to my terms that I can adjust mining fees whenever I feel like it.
Activity: 434
November 20, 2014, 04:56:32 AM
i won't hold my breath!

does it come with bouncy pie charts and meaningless graphs?
Pages:
Jump to: