Pages:
Author

Topic: Cloudmining 101 - page 2. (Read 27759 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
November 29, 2014, 06:54:07 PM
the rating for hashie is for their own "gen 1", for which no proof whatsoever exists, nor any endorsement from AM.
AMhash itself seems pretty legit, why they are reselling through something as shady as hashie is beyond me.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024
November 29, 2014, 06:51:54 PM
Is hashie.co really that unsafe?  They are selling AMhash shares, so they are affiliated with ASICminer, or are they not?
Should I buy AMhash shares off them or havelock investments?  It seems like less of a hassle to just buy off them Tongue
legendary
November 29, 2014, 06:32:31 PM
Nice list but why 4/ for cex.io?

Because I havent been able to find how many TH they sold vs what they have provably deployed themselves. I havent found the former number at all (maybe if you have an account there you can?) and the pool stats only seem to show a combined total of their own hashrate and other ghash.io pool users mining there. So how do we know they didnt oversell ? Judging by the price they probably didnt, but thats hardly solid evidence.

Hopefully some cloudmining companies like cloudminr will prove to be legit.

couldminr? Rofl, fat chance.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
November 29, 2014, 06:09:15 PM
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
November 29, 2014, 01:04:46 PM
I have said it before, why pay someone else for overpriced BTC that you can only acquire back over months if not longer or at all?  Just use an exchange and be done with it.

You assume a fiat payment, which very few cloudmining companies even accept, and a desire to convert fiat to btc.
But if you buy a cloudmining contract with BTC, how is the above statement different from when buying hardware with BTC?

Cloud mining is not mining in the original sense of the word.  It is a waste of time and money...your money.

It probably/usually is. But then the same could be said for asic hardware. Very few people ever achieved a BTC denominated profit.

I agree on both points.  It never made financial sense to mine after the beginning of 2014.  Very few people were seeing the old profits of even a year prior and even less could keep them.  What happens now is a mystery as these large conglomerates appear to be more after fiat than anything else.  I await all future dumps with fiat handy. Smiley
legendary
November 29, 2014, 07:24:19 AM
I have said it before, why pay someone else for overpriced BTC that you can only acquire back over months if not longer or at all?  Just use an exchange and be done with it.

You assume a fiat payment, which very few cloudmining companies even accept, and a desire to convert fiat to btc.
But if you buy a cloudmining contract with BTC, how is the above statement different from when buying hardware with BTC?

Cloud mining is not mining in the original sense of the word.  It is a waste of time and money...your money.

It probably/usually is. But then the same could be said for asic hardware. Very few people ever achieved a BTC denominated profit.
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
November 28, 2014, 04:11:44 PM
I have said it before, why pay someone else for overpriced BTC that you can only acquire back over months if not longer or at all?  Just use an exchange and be done with it.

Cloud mining is not mining in the original sense of the word.  It is a waste of time and money...your money.
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
November 28, 2014, 11:57:41 AM
Foundation membership is nothing special since you can buy it. Saying that a foundation member is less likely to scam is like saying a rich man won't run with your money.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 28, 2014, 11:24:12 AM
bitcoincloudservice is a member of bitcoin foundation how could you mentioned it as a ponzi

You think the bitcoin foundation does any kind of vetting of its silver members? I costs you $1000 and you get to call yourself a member. Thats it.
BTW, MtGox was a Gold (platinum?) member of the foundation and its CEO was on the board as well as a founding member.  IIRC Bitcoin-trader.biz was a member  and sponsor of their events as well Yeah, that really helped.

thank you for info, now i think there is no guaranty for any cloud mining commpanies to not doing the ponzi scheme, though it is the member of bitcoin foundation
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
November 28, 2014, 09:22:56 AM
Hey Puppet, have you seen this?

Yeah, there are a bazillion such sites. Id rather you not link them as all of them (that Ive seen) are just a way to spam their referral links.
You can safely assume their rating is based on referral link revenue instead of anything else. I mean, 5 stars to cryptomine? Riiight.

Sure, that's why I linked to the forum topic with my comment in it saying the same thing as you have.
yvv
legendary
Activity: 1344
November 28, 2014, 09:14:26 AM
I took 10 GHs from hashie.co for free.. is working.. when will reach price of minimum purchase power - i will buy and withdraw..
Do you mind?

You can speed up the process if you buy a minimum payed miner on the market with discount and sell it at premium. You will be able to withdraw after this. All you need is to cover a sale fee either with mining or with trade margin. I did it, now I have free miner which gives me free bitcoins every day.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 28, 2014, 09:13:22 AM

Yeah, there are a bazillion such sites. Id rather you not link them as all of them (that Ive seen) are just a way to spam their referral links.
You can safely assume their rating is based on referral link revenue instead of anything else. I mean, 5 stars to cryptomine? Riiight.

There is also a lot of windmills to destroy..  Wink
legendary
November 28, 2014, 09:05:06 AM

November 28, 2014, 08:59:58 AM
I took 10 GHs from hashie.co for free.. is working.. when will reach price of minimum purchase power - i will buy and withdraw..
Do you mind?

Why should he mind?
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Should i delete my account on hashie?
Do you know something more? or you just saying..(?)
legendary
November 28, 2014, 08:55:18 AM
bitcoincloudservice is a member of bitcoin foundation how could you mentioned it as a ponzi

You think the bitcoin foundation does any kind of vetting of its silver members? I costs you $1000 and you get to call yourself a member. Thats it.
BTW, MtGox was a Gold (platinum?) member of the foundation and its CEO was on the board as well as a founding member.  IIRC Bitcoin-trader.biz was a member  and sponsor of their events as well Yeah, that really helped.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
November 28, 2014, 08:49:46 AM
Lunaminer.com         1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi already collapsed
CoIntellect.com       1+2+3+4+5+6+7++    => 7/7 = Ponzi ( + requiring likely malware/wallet stealing software)
coinsoncloud.eu       1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi already collapsed (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/avoid-coinsoncloud-853837) apparently
Cryptomine.io         1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
cloudmining.website   1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
PBmining.com          1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
cloudminr.io          1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
grmining.com          1+2+3+4+5+6+7      => 7/7 = Ponzi
terrabox.me           1+2+3*+4+5+6+7*    => 6/7 = Ponzi ( pictures are not convincing to me for now, exit strategy involves  60+ days stall tactic)
bitcoincloudservices  1+2+4+5+6*+7       => 6/7 = Ponzi ( + founded by known scammer  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=860400.msg9638868#msg9638868)
hashie.co             1+2+3+4+5+6        => 6/7 = Ponzi
ltcgear               1+3+4+5+6          => 5/7 = (very) suspicious (info welcome)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
November 28, 2014, 08:49:33 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=871601.new#new

He's got some crackers listed there.

Roll Eyes

Do you mind?

Why should he mind?
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
November 28, 2014, 08:45:48 AM
Do you mind?
legendary
November 28, 2014, 04:52:01 AM
Well, they can do this of course. If a company rented a hash power for x weeks, and claim that they own it, this is a straight scam.

A ponzi is straight scam too. Hence me calling these distinctions semantics. In the end it doesnt really matter if the scammer spends coins on sig campaigns, making elaborate 3D renders (not that Im quite convinced yet this to be the case for whoever it was) or temporarily renting hashrate.

To prevent this type of scam, we would need a proper audit, which requires a proper law enforcement, which "We, The Bitcoiners", hate a lot. So, this is why we are here.

Running a scam that complies with all my criteria is not easy.I wouldnt say its impossible, but scammers are not likely to bother, especially not as long as there is so much money to be made by copy/pasting the current crop of transparent scams that comply with virtually none of my criteria.

legendary
November 28, 2014, 03:13:34 AM
hashie.co?
They have partnered with AMHash (asicminer) and rockminer to make the amhash possible with their platform.
there are also photos of amhash's mining facility.

Where are those photo's? IM pretty sure you got duped by seeing pictures of AMhash. AMhash is a real mining operation and for reasons Ill never understand, they allowed hashie to resell their product, but for hashie "gen 1" Ive not seen one single shred of evidence.

Pages:
Jump to: