Pages:
Author

Topic: ★★★★★ [COIN] ★★★★★ - page 4. (Read 40877 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 501
March 25, 2014, 05:03:20 PM
Does anyone know what happened to activity levels on this Forum. My one is frozen at the level of 70. I've also noticed that others' level is frozen too. ?!

Mine's stuck at 168. Strange. I never was much of a fan of SMF, I prefer umm... whatever the other popular one is called that I can't remember the name of right now.

Anyway, my pool at http://coin.fedaykin.us is running smooth but could use more miners! Now that my few-day dev mining-spree is over the hashrates have dropped a bit! And thanks dev, that's paying the server bills for the month, pretty much.

My birthday is on saturday just in case anyone wants to get me anything! Like a GPU... cough cough
lol
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 25, 2014, 07:35:01 AM
Does anyone know what happened to activity levels on this Forum. My one is frozen at the level of 70. I've also noticed that others' level is frozen too. ?!
March 25, 2014, 07:32:46 AM
I'm in for a bit because I have been wondering about the names and how they would cope irl too - however, the 11.5M premine and no asic-proof future plans raises some concerns. Incase Coin would hit one dollar, for instance, I'm positive the dev simply would dump and walk away. Please address these concerns, tyvm.
I used to thought the same way. But now I have changed my mind. Bitcoin is sha256-based and it is the most safest crypto currency on the market. Different alts come and go but Bitcoin is like a safe harbor for your investments. In fact ASICs helped Bitcoin to survive and to acquire its value. It happened because real investors with huge capitals entered the market.

Hashing algorithms themselves do not determine the real value of a crypto currency. Only real investments do. When scrypt-based ASICs one day come, their total mining power will be shared among different scrypt-based alts, not only Litecoin. But ASIC-holders are investors. If they choose to mine a coin it already brings some real value to such coin. GPU-holders are  mostly ordinary gamers. They mine for fun. ASIC-resistance in such context is not good at all. It will keep real capital away from such coin at least in terms of mining investments.

So it turns out that there is a trade-off between ASIC-resistance and real business involvement. You never know what is better (ASIC-resistance or ASIC-friendliness), but it is a minor question anyway. What is much more important is coin philosophy and its community.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
March 25, 2014, 06:19:01 AM
I'm in for a bit because I have been wondering about the names and how they would cope irl too - however, the 11.5M premine and no asic-proof future plans raises some concerns. Incase Coin would hit one dollar, for instance, I'm positive the dev simply would dump and walk away. Please address these concerns, tyvm.

Hi, welcome! It's good to have one more member in the community Smiley

Coin-project will surely answer your questions, but let me address one in particular: asic-proof

The dev already stated if asics become a problem, COIN will be hard-forked into a different algo, like scrypt-N or X11 or whatever Smiley

For me, that's about the best plan we can have, but that's just an opinion, of course.

Join a pool and mine a bit - your coin stash will be worth it down the line Wink
Activity: 283
March 25, 2014, 05:41:31 AM
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
March 25, 2014, 04:30:58 AM
We also have our nice COIN page on their site: http://whatmine.com/coin/368/Coin-COIN-Scrypt-Profitability

I like this site. I contacted them yesterday evening, and they added us over night!

coin-project, please put this on the top of this thread. We could have an "Other" section or similar for pages where we are present.
March 25, 2014, 04:23:38 AM
"COIN" added to http://whatmine.com
I haven't found COIN in your list. Are you sure you added it? I can see it on the screenshot you posted but not in the actual list.

Vilgem, it is there. Be sure to specifically check the c-cex checkbox as the site currently has c-cex in beta.
March 25, 2014, 04:14:45 AM
@coin-project, you did not appear for a long time. What are the latest news?
March 25, 2014, 04:02:55 AM
I haven't found COIN in your list. Are you sure you added it? I can see it on the screenshot you posted but not in the actual list.
March 25, 2014, 02:43:00 AM

Great news!  Thanks for the interest.
Activity: 346
Easy Instant Private
March 24, 2014, 07:42:39 PM

March 24, 2014, 03:31:58 PM
For those of you generating mega hashes per second on the COIN network I ought to repeat a question you all try to avoid. Are you brave enough to invest some funds to protect your capital on the long run? We need to get an exposure to a popular exchange. Can we raise some money?

Vilgem, you sure are persistent, in a good way Cheesy

But you're right, nobody did really answer your pledge/call to action :-|

I'll be honest - no BTC right now, used up all my reserves to buy some COIN in c-cex  Cool
Next week I will probably have some, but that will imply selling some coin reserves, and right now, not sure how I can do that - all my shitcoin reserves are worth less that 0.008 right now Tongue
And I ain't selling COIN, that's for sure ...

Nonetheless, I will invest, 0.1 BTC is not that much - but first I have to get it (hey, I only started mining  in Fev 24th, there isn't much I could have done with less than 1.5 MH/s total and being a noob Tongue)
So, if that can take place next week, I'll invest whatever I have up until 0.1.
Deal?

March 24, 2014, 02:45:18 PM
For those of you generating mega hashes per second on the COIN network I ought to repeat a question you all try to avoid. Are you brave enough to invest some funds to protect your capital on the long run? We need to get an exposure to a popular exchange. Can we raise some money?
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
March 24, 2014, 02:01:22 PM

Will keep our fingers crossed Smiley I hope that Cryptsy development team will notice COIN specialties which make it different from other pump & dump stuff on the crypto-coin market.

This could be interesting, but it will put a lot of selling pressure on this community, diverting it from mining - not sure if it's the best corse of action
Anyway, you already know that and where I stand, no need to repeat ourselves Smiley

Thank you for your efforts and continuing support, vilgem - I think it's fair no say that when we get into a mainstream exchange, you're to thank for in a big way - I just wish that only happens because COIN is perceived as a good bet, not because we voted/paid/whatever for it.

Coin-project, how depleted is the premine? What's its current weight on overall number of existing coins?
pretty sure that will influence heavily on Cryptsy's evaluation, as well as the COIN wealth of the main miners in the community; they won't go for a coin that is too overly concentrated ... unless they get some of the action :\

Anyone can do a concentration analysis on COIN (wealth/address ?) I know it's not exactly the correct distribution (anyone can have a lot of addresses), but it's the possible one, given the anonymity and design of crypto currencies

Hey man, sorry I missed you, I had to call it a night. Got a thousand things going on. The Coin pool is doing pretty good!
Activity: 1073
Merit: 666
March 24, 2014, 12:46:14 PM
coin coin? lol, interesting
March 24, 2014, 12:45:05 PM
Thank you for introducing me to this coin.
I have submitted your coin to our development team who will review it
to see if it meets our requirements for addition to the Cryptsy exchange.
If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know

Jim
Cryptsy.com

Definitely interesting. Fingers crossed!
March 24, 2014, 07:58:59 AM
I do not think that once COIN gets into a popular exchange everyone who holds much COINs will sell them all at once. It would be very stupid. Actually I do not expect pump & dump at all. The exposure will bring some additional attention to the project and we will have another move forward.

So, what about trying to get into Crypto Rush (or CryptoALTeX)? Are you guys going to invest something? 0.1 BTCs is not much at all if you have bought/mined enough COINs and believe in the great project future. Investing BTCs now will bright some real world value to COINs and would even help you to avoid the temptation to pump & dump COIN once it gets into a popular exchange.
March 24, 2014, 07:42:21 AM

Will keep our fingers crossed Smiley I hope that Cryptsy development team will notice COIN specialties which make it different from other pump & dump stuff on the crypto-coin market.

This could be interesting, but it will put a lot of selling pressure on this community, diverting it from mining - not sure if it's the best corse of action
Anyway, you already know that and where I stand, no need to repeat ourselves Smiley

Thank you for your efforts and continuing support, vilgem - I think it's fair no say that when we get into a mainstream exchange, you're to thank for in a big way - I just wish that only happens because COIN is perceived as a good bet, not because we voted/paid/whatever for it.

Coin-project, how depleted is the premine? What's its current weight on overall number of existing coins?
pretty sure that will influence heavily on Cryptsy's evaluation, as well as the COIN wealth of the main miners in the community; they won't go for a coin that is too overly concentrated ... unless they get some of the action :\

Anyone can do a concentration analysis on COIN (wealth/address ?) I know it's not exactly the correct distribution (anyone can have a lot of addresses), but it's the possible one, given the anonymity and design of crypto currencies
March 24, 2014, 06:57:56 AM
Good news. Have just received an email from Cryptsy support:

Thank you for introducing me to this coin.
I have submitted your coin to our development team who will review it
to see if it meets our requirements for addition to the Cryptsy exchange.
If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know

Jim
Cryptsy.com

March 24, 2014, 06:47:01 AM
For those of you who has mother language which differs from English (or just speaks another language well) I'd suggest to create a new topic in the corresponding local sub-forum:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php#5

It can bring some additional interest to the project. I've created a Russian thread.
Pages:
Jump to: