Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinChoose - alternative site to show respective profitability of the alt coins - page 82. (Read 150604 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Added litecoin.  Would add Solidcoin (since it is traded at Vircurex), but can't find command line client or API block explorer.  Otherwise have all currencies listed at Vircurex and will work on charting now.
Table sorting on main page fixed.  Now storing historical prices and will get graphing up soon.
Haven't added scrypt coins yet, but will (although the comparison is tough given different GPU's mine at different speeds).  May have a field to inout your mining speeds so true percentages will be made.
the rough estimate for sha256:scrypt ratio is about 1000:1

While that is true - hardware also differs.  My 5830 that happily mines at 320 M/hash, does not happily mine at 320 k/hash for scrypt...
Added Devcoins and Namecoins.  Can't find a public blockexplorer for ixcoins, so I might just do it.  Working on historical charts.

Ixcoin block explorer at:
http://darkgamex.ch:2751/chain/IXCoin

Added - thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
Haven't added scrypt coins yet, but will (although the comparison is tough given different GPU's mine at different speeds).  May have a field to inout your mining speeds so true percentages will be made.
the rough estimate for sha256:scrypt ratio is about 1000:1
Activity: 935
Merit: 1015
legendary
Activity: 1038
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin entrepreneur and Pro Trader
Activity: 935
Merit: 1015
Added Devcoins and Namecoins.  Can't find a public blockexplorer for ixcoins, so I might just do it.  Working on historical charts.

Ixcoin block explorer at:
http://darkgamex.ch:2751/chain/IXCoin
Like past indicators of profitability?  I could do that...

So far it isn't much more than Dustcoin besides it keys solely off what you can buy BTC for at Vircurex and a basic API.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431
you should really add profitability graphs. right now, it provides no more information than dustcoin.
One suggestion, add DevCoins and IxCoins, just to see the profitability Smiley

Fixed PPCoins, but any publicly accessibly blockexplorers for either of these?  That is all I need to add the coins.
Thank you both.  I will slap the person on IRC who pointed me at newmint. 
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010
Yeah, dust method is easier, you only need to get proof-of-work difficulty via 'getinfo' or 'getdifficulty'
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
When you run ppcoind getinfo, my newmint shows zero.  On ppcoin's IRC channel it was confirmed this looks to be a bug.
"newmint" refers to immature, newly mined coins (<520 blocks old).

To calculate the block reward use something like this (python from dustcoin.com/mining source):

Code:
coin.block_reward = 9999 * COIN / pow(coin.difficulty, 0.25)
legendary
When you run ppcoind getinfo, my newmint shows zero.  On ppcoin's IRC channel it was confirmed this looks to be a bug.

newmint is what you have mined yourself that haven't matured. To see the block mintage you need to use
ppcoind getblock
When you run ppcoind getinfo, my newmint shows zero.  On ppcoin's IRC channel it was confirmed this looks to be a bug.
Latest git source of ppcoin (as of a few days ago) was getting a mint amount of 0.  So right now I am hardcoding (sort of) the ppcoin mint value).  Was out of town so it lagged.

Adding all other SHA coins I can (provided they are listed on Vircurex), soon.
legendary
Sorry - I should clarify - it does do this.  However, due to a recent break in PPCoin's code, the amount of coins in each block is not working correctly on the site.  I contacted the devs and hopefully will fix that to.

All I need to do is find a blockexplorer that gives me the difficulty, coins per block and generated coins, and I can easily add new alt crypto coins.

I am not aware of any ppcoin issue right now, are you saying you have problem getting mint amount from ppcoind? Or is this a problem with your website backend?
Pages:
Jump to: