Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinChoose - alternative site to show respective profitability of the alt coins - page 83. (Read 150604 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I have a question.  PPC profitability seems to be diverging from Coinotron lately.  The difficulty is the same, the price is nearly the same.  But what about reward?  I know PPC is dynamic, but CoinChoose have it "stuck" at 897.  Is this value hardcoded?

Regards,
Eric
Activity: 378
One suggestion, add DevCoins and IxCoins, just to see the profitability Smiley
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Sorry - I should clarify - it does do this.  However, due to a recent break in PPCoin's code, the amount of coins in each block is not working correctly on the site.  I contacted the devs and hopefully will fix that to.

All I need to do is find a blockexplorer that gives me the difficulty, coins per block and generated coins, and I can easily add new alt crypto coins.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
It's based solely on the difficulty, but that is a good thought.  How would you figure out the average time to generate a block?
It should also take into account the number of coins generated in a block. For coins like ppcoin this changes on every block.
Very Nice. 

Does your calculation of profitability take into account the average time interval to generate a block of coins?

It's based solely on the difficulty, but that is a good thought.  How would you figure out the average time to generate a block?
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Yes, it's a chance, but without the strengthening of alternative infrastructures, BTC will crush this germ soon.
Activity: 252
Very Nice. 

Does your calculation of profitability take into account the average time interval to generate a block of coins?
Yes - it is gently.  It does not probe Vircurex each time someone loads the site.  It periodically refreshes a table with the pricing info.
Activity: 148
Merit: 100
is your code "gentle" with the remote exchange webservers you use (vircurex) ? [i mean "caching data locally for a while, not sending billions of requests to remote exchange webservers]

it's probably a coincidence, but .. a few seconds after you announced your website, vircurex went down Smiley
Good point - clarified on the site.  Higher % = better. 

As far as the other question, that is also a good point.  This is basically a chart saying, all things equal, what currencies are more efficient to mine.  I have to think about how to introduce scrypt in a smart way. 
Activity: 609
Merit: 505
Please excuse the two noob questions:

Is a higher or lower ratio % more profitable?

How are you going to quantify the ratio for scrypt/ltc mining such that it's useful in comparison to the others?
I love DustCoin.com - it provides a lot of good info.  However, I thought it would be nice to have a basic site, tied to pricing on one exchange with a simple JSON API access to get the data (in case I wanted to write a script to switch my minors).

Here it is - http://www.coinchoose.com/.  I only have the SHA-256 and as soon as I can find complete blockchains online or the clients sync for a few other currencies - I will add others to it.

Suggestions are welcome.
Pages:
Jump to: