Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinFest UK - page 12. (Read 62232 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
April 29, 2016, 03:56:08 PM
We are starting to plan CoinFestUK 2017, we will pin down the date for the event and start to discuss the various activities and timeline we would like for the event.

If anyone has any ideas or things they would have like to see different from CoinFestUK 2016 please let us know.

We'll be there, for sure!

Might have even launched by then haha  Roll Eyes (joke, we will!)
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147
April 26, 2016, 02:50:27 AM
We are starting to plan CoinFestUK 2017, we will pin down the date for the event and start to discuss the various activities and timeline we would like for the event.

If anyone has any ideas or things they would have like to see different from CoinFestUK 2016 please let us know.

Smiley

Already can't wait

Smiley I'm definitely looking forward to you hosting the education sessions at the next event, I think this time we have a dedicated area for you with the option of attendees selecting an option when registering for a ticket to say whether they will be attending your sessions or not so I can give you an idea of turnout.

Looking forward to it all!
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
April 25, 2016, 02:55:58 AM

Smiley

Already can't wait
legendary
April 25, 2016, 02:29:36 AM

legendary
April 23, 2016, 11:53:10 AM
We have a winner of our RNLI raffle - See our raffle thread (The winner has been notified) : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14641724
legendary
April 23, 2016, 11:28:58 AM
Hey guys,

One of our awesome volunteers from CoinFestUK has started a survey about cryptocurrency (It's only a short survey), please participate and help him out!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DCWPFD5
legendary
April 23, 2016, 02:34:24 AM
Our after-event raffle is now closed for entries, thanks to everyone who has entered. The winner will be drawn randomly later today.

Reminder of the Terms and Conditions:

- Cost per 1 raffle ticket is BTC0.001 and it's not refundable, any amounts below that (or outside the BTC0.001 increment) will not earn any ticket and will be treated as non-refundable donations. i.e. if you send BTC0.0049, you will earn 4 tickets, the remaining 0.0009 will not be counted.

- Winning ticket wins all raffle items.

- All proceeds will be sent to RNLI bitcoin address: 1PZ5ebvdt43dvRRgRNgBhsq2PwAKN4X6W, visible on their website: https://rnli.org/howtosupportus/donatenow/Pages/bitcoin.aspx

- In case of doubt/dispute on 'ownership' of bitcoin transaction (i.e. two participants claiming the same transaction), participant will have to be able to prove ownership of associated address (i.e. by signing message).

- Any transactions that don't get at least 1 confirmation at the time of closing might not be counted.

- Participants are expected to provide shipping details within 5 days after the winners are announced. But please note that CoinsBank Promo card has short expiry date (30 April) so it's best for the winner to provide shipping details as soon as possible in order to receive the card before expiry date.  If participant fails to do so, the prize(s) can be considered waived.

- If you have any questions and/or something is unclear to you, please ask
legendary
April 22, 2016, 07:14:47 AM
Our raffle ends today (22nd April) and will be drawn tomorrow (23rd April) with the winner being announced / notified shortly after the draw.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed and taken part in our raffle.
legendary
April 21, 2016, 05:47:28 AM
Thanks to Digital Catapult for the support, I've posted a link to the blog writeup on twitter : https://twitter.com/coinfestuk/status/723081126714044416
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
April 18, 2016, 05:37:06 PM
Speaking to Ash from Bitcoin Manchester he said the amount of followers they received on Twitter following the event went up so hopefully that means more people attending Bitcoin Manchester Smiley

If I had the funds and time I would start a Blockchain Bus which we could use to promote blockchain tech and Cryptocurrencies Smiley

The BTC ATM was from SatoshiPoint it was talked about a lot and I believe used a few times.

I think people should chip in more for the events maybe to have some pot for tickets. No ticket no enter I know its all about being community based but I think fees and stuff needs to be at least covered for this to expand and grow and the time taken for speakers to come to the event too. Maybe once and awhile some free events and some ticket events covering your costs and other things that can be bought on the event too.

The reason CoinFest events are always free is because we don't just want to target cryptocurrency fans. We want to reach non-believers, who don't have an existing stake in crypto's success that would justify a contribution to the marketing effort. We just try to encourage donations from long-time Bitcoiners... people chip in locally in Vancouver
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
April 18, 2016, 03:53:43 PM
Speaking to Ash from Bitcoin Manchester he said the amount of followers they received on Twitter following the event went up so hopefully that means more people attending Bitcoin Manchester Smiley

If I had the funds and time I would start a Blockchain Bus which we could use to promote blockchain tech and Cryptocurrencies Smiley

The BTC ATM was from SatoshiPoint it was talked about a lot and I believe used a few times.

I think people should chip in more for the events maybe to have some pot for tickets. No ticket no enter I know its all about being community based but I think fees and stuff needs to be at least covered for this to expand and grow and the time taken for speakers to come to the event too. Maybe once and awhile some free events and some ticket events covering your costs and other things that can be bought on the event too.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
April 18, 2016, 05:54:40 AM

Soon, buddy, soon. Wink
legendary
April 18, 2016, 04:15:33 AM

legendary
April 17, 2016, 08:18:21 PM
Nice event you guys had indeed. Lots going on. Hoping you guys going to do a regular meetup or events at mad-labs. And then to adventure around the UK maybe do some tour de UK Tongue

Thanks. I hope to be attending Bitcoin Manchester more in the coming months, I'd love to plan more events due to success of this one. Crypto Tour de UK 🙂

Seen a fair amount of people  turn up for it am sure if can secure a spot once every month or so or every few months expanding and gathering more interest am sure this can become something quite big and spread within the UK. Nice too see you guys had also have a BTC ATM machine setup at the event. Did anyone actually use it or was left on its own in corner of room all alone Tongue
legendary
April 17, 2016, 11:28:34 AM
Ok guys, we have a raffle running (Which we have created a dedicated thread for) details are here : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/closed-coinfestuk-raffle-all-proceeds-to-rnli-1440413) and all proceeds will be going to RNLI (Royal National Lifeboat Institution a charity registered in England and Wales (209603) and Scotland (SC037736))

Their website is here: RNLI.org

Thanks to pawel7777 for the help with the raffle!
legendary
April 17, 2016, 06:32:02 AM
Nice event you guys had indeed. Lots going on. Hoping you guys going to do a regular meetup or events at mad-labs. And then to adventure around the UK maybe do some tour de UK Tongue

Thanks. I hope to be attending Bitcoin Manchester more in the coming months, I'd love to plan more events due to success of this one. Crypto Tour de UK 🙂
legendary
April 16, 2016, 06:56:19 PM
legendary
April 15, 2016, 02:46:47 AM

Thanks to Portsmouth Crypto for the blog post on CoinFestUK. Read it here; http://blog.portsmouthcrypto.co.uk/post12.html
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
April 14, 2016, 09:38:30 AM
Hey guys,

We had a professional photographer at our event on Friday (Unfortunatley he couldn't make Saturday) and he has sent over the photos from the day. We are reviewing them today and will post them later.

Here's one of them https://twitter.com/coinfestuk/status/720390198572355584

Thanks

Awesome, hopefully there aren't too many dorky ones of me....I don't come out on film too well haha Smiley
legendary
April 14, 2016, 04:04:26 AM
Hey guys,

We had a professional photographer at our event on Friday (Unfortunatley he couldn't make Saturday) and he has sent over the photos from the day. We are reviewing them today and will post them later.

Here's one of them https://twitter.com/coinfestuk/status/720390198572355584

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: