Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinFest UK - page 13. (Read 62232 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
April 12, 2016, 05:39:56 PM
Great event. I was there on Saturday. Great presentations and speakers (and audience). A bit intimidating being around all those powerful brains and uber developers. Definitely a very inspiring event.

If you saw my presentation I hope it wasn't too technical...I was trying to keep it light, but sometimes hard with such a large project despite lots of planning Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147
April 12, 2016, 04:44:13 AM
Great event. I was there on Saturday. Great presentations and speakers (and audience). A bit intimidating being around all those powerful brains and uber developers. Definitely a very inspiring event.

Thanks for your feedback and thanks for taking the time to attend !
legendary
April 12, 2016, 04:42:29 AM

Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) seems a good one. According to them they're first major charity in the UK or Ireland to accept Bitcoin. They run a pilot Bitcoin donation program, so it's not available from the main 'donation' page

RNLI was my thought aswell! I'll start to write up the raffle and hopefully post it in the next few days. Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa
April 11, 2016, 07:00:53 PM
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
April 11, 2016, 04:31:50 AM
Thanks guys for the feedback. Yes I would limit to the UK and a custom puzzle sounds like a good idea.

Thanks pawel7777, I know a few UK based charities that accept Bitcoin, do you know any?  I love the idea of giving to a worthy cause!

Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) seems a good one. According to them they're first major charity in the UK or Ireland to accept Bitcoin. They run a pilot Bitcoin donation program, so it's not available from the main 'donation' page, but you can see it here:

https://rnli.org/howtosupportus/donatenow/Pages/bitcoin.aspx

They have dedicated address, so it'll be easy to prove that the funds have been donated.

But it doesn't have to be UK charity, there are some worthy international ones, like BitGive: http://bitgivefoundation.org/

Or, if you want to do such auction, you could let the winner choose his favourite charity, providing it's registered and well known, not some website created overnight.
legendary
April 11, 2016, 12:55:00 AM
Thanks guys for the feedback. Yes I would limit to the UK and a custom puzzle sounds like a good idea.

Thanks pawel7777, I know a few UK based charities that accept Bitcoin, do you know any?  I love the idea of giving to a worthy cause!
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
April 10, 2016, 06:18:53 PM
We are planning a after event giveaway (We still have a custom Raspberry Pi from the DigitalCoin team and some other swag to giveaway). We will plan how best to run the giveaway (if anyone has any ideas let us know) and post back shortly.

Do the raffle. Or auction the Rasp Pi with proceedings going to some worthy project etc. And limit it to the UK, otherwise the shipping costs could ruin you.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
April 10, 2016, 03:24:56 PM
We are planning an after event giveaway (We still have a custom Raspberry Pi from the DigitalCoin team and some other swag to giveaway). We will plan how best to run the giveaway (if anyone has any ideas let us know) and post back shortly.

The feedback on Twitter for the event has been very positive, Thanks guys!

Is it a giveaway for everyone on the net?
Well, you can make some kind of puzzle or a question. And anyone who knows the answer correctly the first time, there goes the winner.

That would be too easy. You can just google it. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
April 10, 2016, 09:28:35 AM
We are planning an after event giveaway (We still have a custom Raspberry Pi from the DigitalCoin team and some other swag to giveaway). We will plan how best to run the giveaway (if anyone has any ideas let us know) and post back shortly.

Is it a giveaway for everyone on the net?
Well, you can make some kind of puzzle or a question. And anyone who knows the answer correctly the first time, there goes the winner.
legendary
April 10, 2016, 05:08:33 AM
We are planning a after event giveaway (We still have a custom Raspberry Pi from the DigitalCoin team and some other swag to giveaway). We will plan how best to run the giveaway (if anyone has any ideas let us know) and post back shortly.

legendary
April 09, 2016, 02:24:29 PM
CoinFestUK is over and it has been an amazing two days. Thank you everyone who attended, sponsored, volunteered and contributed! Thanks for an awesome CoinFestUK!
legendary
April 09, 2016, 01:41:32 AM
We are back again! See you guys in Manchester Smiley. 9am Start

CoinFestUK goes on, thank you to everyone who has made this happen
Activity: 721
Merit: 523
April 08, 2016, 10:50:49 PM
Hope everything is going smoothly Smiley

legendary
April 08, 2016, 02:57:36 PM
Live stream not working and I should be down shortly but not looknig good as got work load on but maybe down tomorrow tho if cam make it really wanted to come down to this event. Hows things going so far?

Hey, Our last speaker local at CoinFestUK (BitcoinRat) finished at 17:30 - We have a live feed of the international hangout if you want to watch that Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucZDDh2ljBw
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
April 08, 2016, 01:37:18 PM
Live stream not working and I should be down shortly but not looknig good as got work load on but maybe down tomorrow tho if cam make it really wanted to come down to this event. Hows things going so far?
legendary
April 08, 2016, 11:52:08 AM
Thanks to bitcoingg.com for the Portsmouth Crypto article! - Read it here : http://www.bitcoingg.com/coinfestuk-2016-holds-bitcoin-education-sessions/
legendary
April 08, 2016, 07:51:11 AM
legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006
April 08, 2016, 07:01:13 AM
This feels very fascinating. I wish i could come to the event. Better luck next time and also will have to save loads of money Smiley
Hope it goes very well. Good luck to organizing committee and fellow bitcoiners

Hey, thank you for your help!! You created some amazing graphics!! Hopefully we can work together again!

Thanks

Thankyou Smiley and i hope that we work together too for further projects. Be in touch and do post some pictures and videos of the event.
legendary
April 08, 2016, 12:06:27 AM
Happy CoinFest, everyone, I hope you're all excited. The following will be the times of the International Hangout (UK time); there's also gonna be a Grabbit match for .2 BTC you can participate in, among other things, which I will announce the exact times of shortly. CoinFest UK will also be given a batch of preloaded Airbitz wallets for distribution to Bitcoin newbs

Friday

6:30 PM – Chelsea Barabas (MIT Media lab)

7:15 PM – Panel: Gaming on the Blockchain

– Anari Sengbe (Gamerholic)

– Michael Dugger (GameCredits)

– Andrew Wagner (Huntercoin)

8 PM – Paul Snow (Factom)

8:45 PM – Susanne Tempelhof (BitNation)

9:30 PM – Eric Duran (FairCoin)

Absolutely awesome thank you!
legendary
April 08, 2016, 12:05:50 AM
Happy CoinFestUK  Grin

Today is the start of CoinFest UK, see you guys at MadLab. 9am start today!

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: