Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinMarketCap.com - Market Cap Rankings of All Cryptocurrencies! - page 95. (Read 639534 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Interesting. Take a look at BCN on CMC. It seems that the double stars are now gone:

Not sure if NXT ever had them but it no longer shows them there either:

My thoughts: While NXT was premined, the premine was necessary in order for the IPO to happen. And BCN is a bit of a special case here, since there isn't really another comparable example of a coin that remained under the radar for so long (except maybe perhaps Bitcoin Wink).
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Activity: 429
Merit: 250
Karma was paired back with BTC today. there is 37 btc volume on mintpal
https://www.mintpal.com/market/KARM/BTC#

Could you please add this to Karma ??  https://coinmarketcap.com/volume.html#karm

Thank you

-Who

Please add KARM/BTC market to your page !
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
This site is awesome!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Ask me about Karmacoin
Karma was paired back with BTC today. there is 37 btc volume on mintpal
https://www.mintpal.com/market/KARM/BTC#

Could you please add this to Karma ??  https://coinmarketcap.com/volume.html#karm

Thank you

-Who
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049
What is the difference between available supply and total supply ? I can see, for Bitcoin, both are same !!!
Activity: 173
Merit: 182

Dude, seriously, Gliss asked to keep this topic clean. Please go FUD your nonsense here, you had your time.

Holy fuck that thread is stupid - this isn't a BCN vs. anything debate. The fact that the BCN shills (well, it's one person on multiple accounts, but using shill in the singular could be confusing) keep pointing at XMR is just retarded and shows an incredible lack of self-confidence in the scamcoin in question. If you have a fair launch you find yourself in the unique position of not needing to defend yourself. Amazing.
Activity: 173
Merit: 182
As was stated countless times... Bitcoin was mined by a few people too for a VERY long time. And there was no announcment on BitcoinTalk, hell, there was no BitcoinTalk.

So what? Bitcoin deserves **? If you don't know about something - it does not mean that nobody know.

No - the Bitcoin whitepaper was announced on the Cryptography Mailing List, and then the code was announced and released on the same mailing list a little while later:

http://satoshi.nakamotoinstitute.org/emails/cryptography/

The Cryptography Mailing List has tens of thousands of readers, thousands of which are very well known, very famous figures. It is also archived by a number of sources, which means we can always go back and look at those initial announcements.

With Bytecoin nobody cares where it was released, just that it actually was released in the middle of 2012. This leads to an easy solution: all we need are two things:

1. The location of the archived announcement for the CryptoNote whitepaper and the subsequent announcement of Bytecoin (even if these were in two different places)

2.A few hundred people as well known as those on the cryptography mailing list to come forward and verify the public release of Bytecoin

Both of these are really easy to provide, and yet remain unprovided.
Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com

Dude, seriously, Gliss asked to keep this topic clean. Please go FUD your nonsense here, you had your time.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
It's funny that all people against Bytecoin are just posting bullshit, while their opponents at least provide proof links for their arguments.

Oh, that's okay... no need to link to anything. I can do it right here...

Fact #1 (Widely known) announcement of BCN on bitcointalk: March 12, 2014

Fact #2 Quantity of issued coins as of March 12 2014: ~147 billion.

Fact #3 Total number of coins to be issued: ~184 billion.

Conclusion: 147 billion out of 184 billion ~= 80% BCN mined before widely known release, i.e. effectively pre-mined.

Questions?

EDIT If I take the April 2013 Google search spike for 'Bytecoin' as evidence that there was some awareness of BCN at that time, a year before the bitcointalk announcement...

... then it's still a 97B/184B ~= 53% pre-mine.

Bump
Activity: 728
Merit: 265
You seem to be a person who needs to be told twice to understand simple things

FACT: Blockchain started in 2012.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5950616

FACT: Coin started in deep web and then migrated to the open web that's why there is not Bytecoin_2012 website  
http://ol346fucnsjru223.onion/ - TOR only

FACT: Bytecoin dev's are THE MOST active and contributive and last updates (with blockchain/API changes).
http://www.reddit.com/r/BytecoinBCN/comments/28nmic/major_bytecoin_update/

FACT: 82% of BCN is in hands of A LOT of people and pump-and-dump is out of the question.
http://www.reddit.com/r/BytecoinBCN/comments/27gk62/bytecoin_bcn_mining_teams_20122014/

Come on, think about it. You don't create a brand new technology to secretly mine it for 1 year, it just doesn't make any sense. Bytecoin was mined by several teams of miners that was confirmed by the developers and by CryptoNote.

You have to face the ugly truth. If you didn't know about the coin, it doesn't mean it didn't exist. Or gravity should you say didn't exist before it was discovered?

As was stated countless times... Bitcoin was mined by a few people too for a VERY long time. And there was no announcment on BitcoinTalk, hell, there was no BitcoinTalk.

So what? Bitcoin deserves **? If you don't know about something - it does not mean that nobody know.

These are actually valid points. Being listed on the Bitcointalk.org from the moment of coin's launch isn't a single criterion to determine if it was premined or not, and it can't be. Just think about how bizarre that sounds: a site that has no affiliation with a forum adds a coin, mining of which was in no way restricted to new users, and now it has to attribute a premined status to it based on the coin's abscence on the said forum.

The point about Bitcoin is also sound, we've all seen this chart:

Yet everyone is all right with Gliss not adding ** next to Bitcoin.

You guys are confused.

You cannot Compare Bitcoin to Bytecoin.

Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency and as such, it was obviously hard to get skeptics interested in the early days. However once Bitcoin became bigger, tons of alt-coins sprung up.

You cannot try and "defend" Bytecoin by comparing it to Bitcoin in that way that it was mined by a few individuals, why?
Because Bytecoin was Purposelly hidden, Bitcoin wasn't. When bytecoin first came about, it was a innovative time with tons of alt-coins springing up, yet the Bytecoin devs and those mining Bytecoin refused to open it up to world and instead premined 82% of it.

Conclusion: Bytecoin had the chance many times to Not be a premine coin, however the devs and those mining it decided instead to keep it a secret and for them alone. Because of that, Bytecoin does have a premine and there is NO excuse for it. As you can see, there is a plethora of evidence showing Bytecoin's 82%+ premine in the hands of a few people. Anyone defending Bytecoin is either a staholder, a preminer, or a complete idiot that doesn't know what they're talking about.
Activity: 546
Carpe Diem
Come on, think about it. You don't create a brand new technology to secretly mine it for 1 year, it just doesn't make any sense. Bytecoin was mined by several teams of miners that was confirmed by the developers and by CryptoNote.

You have to face the ugly truth. If you didn't know about the coin, it doesn't mean it didn't exist. Or gravity should you say didn't exist before it was discovered?

These are actually valid points. Being listed on the Bitcointalk.org from the moment of coin's launch isn't a single criterion to determine if it was premined or not, and it can't be. Just think about how bizarre that sounds: a site that has no affiliation with a forum adds a coin, mining of which was in no way restricted to new users, and now it has to attribute a premined status to it based on the coin's abscence on the said forum.

The point about Bitcoin is also sound, we've all seen this chart:

Yet everyone is all right with Gliss not adding ** next to Bitcoin.
Activity: 728
Merit: 265
Will there be a special sign for a hacker mined coins?
Asking this since Monero was mined with a virus for a long time ( it was way back so you basically can call it instamine ) : https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/e2e6b6938879142c4e35542b5fe8d3eeec7bf9e682f915213fda009097c3878e/analysis/1401909211/
terra-credit.com
Re: BCN  Either way it seems people are going to be upset at the decision, so I thought it would be best not to risk labeling something incorrectly.

I'm working on implementing a tagging system so anyone can filter on whichever tags they want, maybe one of them should be "Deep mined" which applies to BCN?  

Just out of plane curiousity - Bitcoin and Dogecoin are also going to be on that deep mined list? (Bitcoin 61.7% mined, Dogecoin - 85% mined)

It's funny how only one side is supposed to "let it go", in your opinion.

The answer is of course: No. Neither Bitcoin nor Dogecoin were even remotely flying as much under the radar as BCN before a widely known public announcement.

Gliss made his opinion on the matter known. I don't share it, but I can't change it. However, as long as you keep on pushing for your pre-mine BCN, you yourself are not really taking the discussion into another thread.

Sorry, question was not intended as a flame war starter on this matter. It was a neutral question out of pure curiosity. I apologise if it wasn't clear enough.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
Re: BCN  Either way it seems people are going to be upset at the decision, so I thought it would be best not to risk labeling something incorrectly.

I'm working on implementing a tagging system so anyone can filter on whichever tags they want, maybe one of them should be "Deep mined" which applies to BCN?  

Just out of plane curiousity - Bitcoin and Dogecoin are also going to be on that deep mined list? (Bitcoin 61.7% mined, Dogecoin - 85% mined)

It's funny how only one side is supposed to "let it go", in your opinion.

The answer is of course: No. Neither Bitcoin nor Dogecoin were even remotely flying as much under the radar as BCN before a widely known public announcement.

Gliss made his opinion on the matter known. I don't share it, but I can't change it. However, as long as you keep on pushing for your pre-mine BCN, you yourself are not really taking the discussion into another thread.
terra-credit.com

Activity: 258
Merit: 252

@Hexah, jellyhashman, Agent99

Now that the '**' is gone, the discussion should stop, huh?

You wish.

I'm waiting for feedback from gliss, if he has an opinion on this. It's his thread, his opinion matters. But you'll excuse if I don't take the opinion of BCN shills too seriously.

Well, to be honest, there is no opinion that should be taken too seriously. XMR shills on the one side and BCN's are on the other.

I assume that Gliss is already fed up with all this trashtalk. He decided to add ** to the website, then he changed it back. I assume he used some kind of arguments.

I also think that if there is anyone who want to continue this discussion it's better to go to this thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=665950.new#new  

Thanks.  I agree, for any further discussion on BCN, please use that thread to discuss.
Pages:
Jump to: