Pages:
Author

Topic: CoinMarketCap.com - Market Cap Rankings of All Cryptocurrencies! - page 97. (Read 639534 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
I feel sorry for Gliss, and that he has to make a call about this whole 'BCN premined or not' debacle.

He has to decide what is FUD, what is counter FUD, and what are facts. Not an easy choice.

That said, I'd like to at least make my own voice known in here (for whatever that is worth to Gliss) that the "two stars of premine shame" for BCN were deserved after all.

There is little evidence that the coin was advertised widely before a substantial portion was mined, so even if it was never the intention of the devs, it effectively is a premined coin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Ok, removed premine designation from BCN.

You disappoint me, Gliss. Everyone with half a braincell more than that fat French fuck know that Bytecoin was unacceptably mined:

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#bytecoin
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#bytecoin1

We can debate the nuances of the term "premine" all we want, but either you need to copy what CoinGeck are doing and not list Bytecoin entirely, or it needs a flag of some sort to indicate to new investors the danger inherent in taking the information on your site at face value.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Does admin or anyone have historical records of the values on CoinMarketCap? I'm trying to graph them for everyone to see. Thanks!
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Can you guys add the Bittrex.com Volume for WankCoin on Coinmarketcap.
Activity: 173
Merit: 182

You disappoint me, Gliss. Everyone with half a braincell more than that fat French fuck know that Bytecoin was unacceptably mined:

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#bytecoin
http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#bytecoin1

We can debate the nuances of the term "premine" all we want, but either you need to copy what CoinGeck are doing and not list Bytecoin entirely, or it needs a flag of some sort to indicate to new investors the danger inherent in taking the information on your site at face value.
Activity: 412
Merit: 10
Finally, thank you so much!
Justice exists!

Incredible! At the beginning of this story i thought that BCN will never throw that stupid premined status away (and this fact was literally killing me). But now you show me and my friends how careful and smart people can be.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
They say that good news could bring you back to life. They are right.
Wow. Didn't know that BCN status is so important for you.

P.S. God save the Gliss. Hope that wise administration of CMC won't change their mind
Activity: 24
They say that good news could bring you back to life. They are right.
Activity: 98
Finally, thank you so much!
Justice exists!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
please add SIS Siamese Coin - its on Bittrex/Europex and has full block explorer: http://sis.blockexplorer.cc/
Activity: 258
Merit: 252

Thanks Gliss.

Did you see this one too? Do you plan on listing the Nxt exchange volume and Nxt Asset Exchange volume separately?

Thanks

Hi Gliss,

How hard would it be to add the daily trade volume of the Nxt asset Exchange to the Nxt 24hr volume? Nxt is being used to buy assests and not just other coins and so the coinmarketcap picture is incomplete at the moment.

In the last 24hrs, there has been 1.4Million Nxt traded on the Asset Exchange that isn't captured in the current 24hr volume. It would add an extra $88,000 dollars to the $97,000 that you are showing and give a complete picture of the amount of NXT changing hands.

Source: http://nxtreporting.com/assetcap.php

I can put you in touch with the webmaster of nxtreporting.com if you need to ask any questions about implementing this.

Yes I think it should be separate.  Otherwise, that would be like adding all volume from the LTC markets at Mintpal and Cryptsy to the LTC volume.
Activity: 101
OMG! That's unacceptable! IMHO, this must be stopped!!! Immediately !

It must be fixed! I can't understand people's intention to lie about such a good coin.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
I am disappointed that ''two stars of shame'' as somebody has called them haven't been removed.
That's so weird that just because one person FUDing BCN without any proofs coinmarketcap have added those stars. How's that possible ?

If there's a dispute about BCN being premined or not, you'w better to make your research.
But I would like to mention that Cryptonote have official announced that Bytecoin was launched in 2012
You can find this on their web as well as descriptions of other CN-based coins 

https://cryptonote.org/coins.php
Activity: 314
As I've already mentioned
the coin was simply under conventional business radars
that's why there are some mining team who were in the right time in the right place to know about BCN.

I doubt this situation is a premine as the definition of premine is that it was mined before the official launch.
So, a deepweb launch followed by 2 years of mining is something else but, definitely, not a premine.
Activity: 246
The evidence that confirm it wasn't premined is here - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6066486

You can see that the h/r is high enough but not as high as nowadays because the community increased.
Btw, even after DStrange have begun BCN thread there were a few people to know about it.
So, if you were not at the beginning that doesn't mean its premine/instaminem.

Activity: 170
Nice to see BCN at the top 10 list. I am sure after substantial update BCN would move to a higher position. 

Most heavily premined coins end up at the top 10 for a while. Thankfully, nobody cares about the top 10 by marketcap, and they look at the top 10 by volume.

The market has already rejected your premined scamcoin.

Volume doesn't always mean that coin is great, so do marketcap list. I'd advise you to analyze one coin's position by all classifications.

"By classifications"? What do you mean?

I was trying to tell that there are different characteristics of coins that described on CMC.
CMC classify coins by features: price, volume of the coin and even there's a graph that shows changes of the price during last week.
Activity: 87
  There is one specific group of people claiming that Bytecoin was premined. All these people are suppotring Monero instead and as we all have noticed already, everything referring to Bytecoin's success makes them extremely annoyed.
 It is understandible.
 Competition is hard, especially when your coin is a fork and it's developers have no idea about making proper updates and maintaining it.
 Competition gets harder when you know that your competitor is that one-and-only original cryptonote currency and its developers are the only ones who understand how the technology works because they created it.
  Im am highly disappointed with the methods Monero supporters use. When you see another coin doing well you should think how you can make your coin better. Spreading falsehhood about competitors is not the way.

This is so deep.
I concur.
Pathetic trolling resulted into wrong understanding.
Bytecoin is not premined!
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Bytecoin devs do care about long-term technology elaboration, thanks to them we have a currency without bugs and GUI miner. They've updated bin files because of wallet and node API implementation. They do those significant changes that matter
Activity: 80
   There is one specific group of people claiming that Bytecoin was premined. All these people are suppotring Monero instead and as we all have noticed already, everything referring to Bytecoin's success makes them extremely annoyed.
 It is understandible.
 Competition is hard, especially when your coin is a fork and it's developers have no idea about making proper updates and maintaining it.
 Competition gets harder when you know that your competitor is that one-and-only original cryptonote currency and its developers are the only ones who understand how the technology works because they created it.
  Im am highly disappointed with the methods Monero supporters use. When you see another coin doing well you should think how you can make your coin better. Spreading falsehhood about competitors is not the way.

Pages:
Jump to: