Author

Topic: CoinMarket.io | New, self-moderated support and news thread. - page 119. (Read 211708 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
There ya go - someone go give Apt F a little knocky knock knock.  Smiley
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Lutz at people crying to get the cops involved. Goes agenst what cryptos are to be all about. You can not handle a possible loss this crap is really not for you. I have lost coins on few exchanges, I get upset, then shrug my shoulders and move on. Then again I understand the risks involved, shit happens.

Let me ask you guys this, if it does come back online and you guys get your stuff back, will you take back every word about it being a scam? I doubt it.

Kinda glad this crap happens in a way, weeds out the morons that should not be involved in cryptos anyways.

You should never keep anything in an exchange, just like a pool. If your day trading ... well take your shit out every day. Put it back in when you are ready to trade again.

Sorry for the harsh words, but really, this crap needs to stop. People like some will in fact be the downfall of cryptos. Once you get idiot governments involved, they over regulate every damn time.

+1

You have more than one good point there buddy, I guess its a matter of perspective and perception.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I have to agree with some of the other posters here that it looks like they got hacked and don't know how to deal with the situation so they are just not saying anything. I was fortune enough to be able to withdraw my coins, but feel bad for anyone stuck in limbo. One thing I noticed in the posted whois information is that the details had changed from previously with only a P.O Box for an address. I assume this is because of the change to  Cloud Fare. I'm not sure if this will be of any use to anyone but when this exchange went down for a few days when it first started up a couple of months ago, I copied all of their whois info that contained different names and real addresses. Here it is if anyone is interested.

Domain : coinmarket.io
Expiry : 2015-01-09

NS 1   : dns1.registrar-servers.com
NS 2   : dns2.registrar-servers.com
NS 3   : dns3.registrar-servers.com
NS 4   : dns4.registrar-servers.com
NS 5   : dns5.registrar-servers.com

Owner  : Kenneth Bjorke
Owner  : Coinmarket
Owner  : Knapstadveien 6F
Owner  : Knapstad
Owner  : Ostfold
Owner  : NO

Whois Search Successful
The results are shown below.
Domain Information
Domain Handle : DOM-170750
Domain Name : coinmarket.io
Domain Status : Live
First Registered : 2014-01-09
Last Updated : 2014-01-09
Expires : 2015-01-09
Domain Owner
User ID : NIC-282923
Contact Name : Kenneth Bjorke
Organization Name : Coinmarket
Street : Knapstadveien 6F
City : Knapstad
State : Ostfold
Postal Code : 1823
Admin Contact
Technical Contact
Billing Contact
User ID : NIC-1087
Contact Name : BR
Organization Name :
Street : Im Oberen Werk 1
City : St. Ingbert
State : .
Postal Code : DE-66386
Registrar
User ID : NIC-1087
Contact Name : BR
Organization Name : Key Systems GmbH
Street : Im Oberen Werk 1
City : St. Ingbert
State : .
Postal Code : DE-66386
Phone : +49 (0) 68 94 - 93 96 850
Fax : +49 (0) 68 94 - 93 96 851
E-Mail :
Primary Nameserver
Name Server: dns1.registrar-servers.com
Name Server: dns2.registrar-servers.com
Name Server: dns3.registrar-servers.com
Name Server: dns4.registrar-servers.com
Name Server: dns5.registrar-servers.com
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
If 1 then they are CUNTS for stealing and giving crypto a bad name

If 2 They are CUNTS for not even one tweet and giving crypto a bad name

However or whatever they are CUNTS.

And I would like to know where these CUNTS live so I can fuck them up the arse.

My first guess was that you're australian (because "cunts"), but the "arse" hints of UK. Am I close?
Activity: 238
<..>
I see only two options.

1/  They are the dumbest f..kin bunch of criminals who try to steal your money but yet lets 99% of the money leave untouched.
2/  They are truly trying to fix withdrawals and apply patches and its taking longer than thought and they decided not to answer a hundred and one emails and pms until they are done.

There is also a possibility that they were hacked, but if they were.  Then again rises the question.  If you are hacked, why in the F..kin world would you leave the site online?  Seems begging  for a disaster and no right dev would keep the site  online if he was hacked.  Even GOX and poloniex or whatever you want to call it shut down.

I see number 2 as the most reasonable explanation for all this, but its getting harder to have faith.
BUT I just can't wrap my head around the fact that they continued to let people withdraw their money the entire time.  No criminal can be that F..kin  dumb can they?
3 no dev in their right mind would keep the site online if it was truly hacked.

My thoughts exacly. Leaving website online in such condition makes no sense at all. People who was lucky enough to enter and request withdrawal, which with such "server stability" can and will fail at a numerous places, will later cause huge support problems when (and if) CM.io will be back.

Such a terrible damage control, I can't even find a reason for it, unless all the people in CM team got in to some kind of terrible accident and only a single guy survived, but he has only a twitter account access and is buying him some time (because whatever reason), while breaking in the co-workers houses with an intention to find a server password so he could withdraw all the coins and run away. Or, you know, ALIENS.

So, since nothing makes sense in this situation, I'm just waiting for a chance to login and withdraw my coins. I feel no hate, I do not think it was elaborate scam, but PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT'S HAPPENING. It's The Great Mystery of Crypto World.
Activity: 14
If 1 then they are CUNTS for stealing and giving crypto a bad name

If 2 They are CUNTS for not even one tweet and giving crypto a bad name

However or whatever they are CUNTS.

And I would like to know where these CUNTS live so I can fuck them up the arse.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Yeah something is wrong, one of our users sent +- 1.8 btc to this address on coinmarket.io by mistake yesterday. 1DFRVczZmc7s6sTNrHYvHoSKa4bswdN1Vt

The amounts have since been withdrawn into 2 separate wallet addresses.

https://blockchain.info/address/1DFRVczZmc7s6sTNrHYvHoSKa4bswdN1Vt

So why would bitcoins sent yesterday be under threat if the hack took place ages ago?

These might be cold storage wallets as the funds have not left those accounts unlike the other btc examples here but then again why put them into 2 accounts and not 1.

There is still hope that those funds are going into cold storage and they just need time to manually sort through all the stuck withdrawals and cancelled orders.  BUT the longer they take to not post an update, the more likely this ends badly.

The only reason I have hope is, if they were going to scam.  WHY KEEP THE SITE LIVE SO PEOPLE CAN WITHDRAW?  1% of us who were trying to withdraw when the site went offline were the only ones that lost their coins.  EVERYONE else got their coins.

I see only two options.

1/  They are the dumbest f..kin bunch of criminals who try to steal your money but yet lets 99% of the money leave untouched.
2/  They are truly trying to fix withdrawals and apply patches and its taking longer than thought and they decided not to answer a hundred and one emails and pms until they are done.

There is also a possibility that they were hacked, but if they were.  Then again rises the question.  If you are hacked, why in the F..kin world would you leave the site online?  Seems begging  for a disaster and no right dev would keep the site  online if he was hacked.  Even GOX and poloniex or whatever you want to call it shut down.

I see number 2 as the most reasonable explanation for all this, but its getting harder to have faith.
BUT I just can't wrap my head around the fact that they continued to let people withdraw their money the entire time.  No criminal can be that F..kin  dumb can they?
3 no dev in their right mind would keep the site online if it was truly hacked.
Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
If exchanges keep scamming people and hackers keep stealing money then it will be inevitable that one of two paths will be taken.

1. Crypto will die as people will simply lose faith or trust in self regulation.
2. Governments around the globe will move to ban them, and all banks/currency exchanges will be barred from accepting crypto currency.

If coinmarket comes back, gives me my 1.007 btc and 5.8m leaf then I will take back every negative word I've said about the exchange, but right now I think I've got more chance of seeing Santa Clause than seeing those coins again.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
Lutz at people crying to get the cops involved. Goes agenst what cryptos are to be all about. You can not handle a possible loss this crap is really not for you. I have lost coins on few exchanges, I get upset, then shrug my shoulders and move on. Then again I understand the risks involved, shit happens.

Let me ask you guys this, if it does come back online and you guys get your stuff back, will you take back every word about it being a scam? I doubt it.

Kinda glad this crap happens in a way, weeds out the morons that should not be involved in cryptos anyways.

You should never keep anything in an exchange, just like a pool. If your day trading ... well take your shit out every day. Put it back in when you are ready to trade again.

Sorry for the harsh words, but really, this crap needs to stop. People like some will in fact be the downfall of cryptos. Once you get idiot governments involved, they over regulate every damn time.
Activity: 4
Omg i have 1.97Btc on coinmarket.io .I hope in this exchange will be ready and fair!
legendary
Activity: 988
Merit: 1000
All the btc deposited seems to have gone to other wallets, and coin market.io has made zero updates recently.  Looks like the coins are gone and the kid running this exchange has either scammed everyone, or has no idea how to admit this problem to us.

The site initially went down due to a flaw someone found in the engine... then a new engine was about to be released, at this point no hacking had taken place.

I am going to go with scam for now until proven otherwise.
legendary
Yeah something is wrong, one of our users sent +- 1.8 btc to this address on coinmarket.io by mistake yesterday. 1DFRVczZmc7s6sTNrHYvHoSKa4bswdN1Vt

So why would bitcoins sent yesterday be under threat if the hack took place ages ago?

These might be cold storage wallets as the funds have not left those accounts unlike the other btc examples here but then again why put them into 2 accounts and not 1.

Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
All the btc deposited seems to have gone to other wallets, and coin market.io has made zero updates recently.  Looks like the coins are gone and the kid running this exchange has either scammed everyone, or has no idea how to admit this problem to us.
Activity: 126
Just got on and withdrew everything I could (some left as exchanges aren't available) and confirmed all withdrawals via email links with no failures. Time will tell if it works or not...
got your coins?

Yes, they came through.
if your coins are withdrew today I think (hope) its unlikely coinmarket is a scam.

+1 this
legendary

Looks like this is a scam after all!! Also had iCoin and BTC on this exchange although I withdrew most of it off straight away.

It's a really terrible situation the crypto world finds itself in... started off with scamcoins , now scam exchanges is the new craze which is a lot more dangerous!!

Activity: 210

Activity: 219
Just got on and withdrew everything I could (some left as exchanges aren't available) and confirmed all withdrawals via email links with no failures. Time will tell if it works or not...
got your coins?

Yes, they came through.
if your coins are withdrew today I think (hope) its unlikely coinmarket is a scam.
Activity: 182
Looks like this is where they are hosting their website. http://www.hetzner.de/en/
So do you think the germans stole our coins?

From the coinmarket.io profile:
Last Active:   2014-03-03, 04:23:03

If you look at the departures on oslo airport you can see this flight:
06:05   Gran Canaria   BLX725   TUIfly Nordic
An early monday flight to gran canaria. Is this a coincidence?
Activity: 672
Merit: 265
Time for the cops.
Activity: 8
I made a deposit of 194017.87182785 MINT coins to my wallet on coinmarket (Mm1AZgigknz1NMWup9PGMTSS5zgYjqWDZw) in the few minutes it was online for on Monday Can I get a refund of my coins,please.The coins price is dropping and I don't want to lose money on it.Thanks in adv!!!

TrxID: 446a8e92771b743e5534208619439911f62e0e75c80949eccde8ca73cdc58934 @ 2014-03-03 00:26:03

MINT address in case I can get refund : Ma1WBYENP5mBe879cZVdntcaxQDbcVzcqp
Jump to: