Pages:
Author

Topic: COINOTRON pool - BTC pool closed, please withdraw your coins. - page 13. (Read 61829 times)

legendary
Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000
FYI

All statistics are working again.
legendary
Bitcoin round appears to be stuck at 125h10m, and no statistics for the top bitcoin miners.

Yesterday I had to disable statistics calculation due to performance issues caused by high load in SolidCoin 2 sub-pool. Currently only lists of solved blocks are being refreshed. Best miners and main pool stats are not refreshed. 
I hope to re-enable those stats soon.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Bitcoin round appears to be stuck at 125h10m, and no statistics for the top bitcoin miners.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Wondering how to withdraw SC?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Interesting, somewhat hidden Wink

I'm planning to lower this threshold for BTC to 0.1 Smiley

Ah, much appreciated and I'm sure it would be desired by many.

Maybe even a note on the My Account page stating the same minimum threshold is needed ?  Not just on the help page !
legendary

I'm planning to lower this threshold for BTC to 0.1 Smiley
Are the auto payouts via send threshold for BTC broken ?

No they are working fine.
If you have problems please check if payout address is valid and payout threshold > 0.5 BTC

No where on the website does it state that the threshold has to be > 0.5, might want to fix that.

It is stated on Help page, in section Payments.

legendary

If you have problems please check if payout address is valid and payout threshold > 0.5 BTC

No where on the website does it state that the threshold has to be > 0.5, might want to fix that.

It is stated on Help page, in section Payments.

legendary
Any plans for a Geist Geld option?
Honestly I'm afraid of these 1-2 sec rounds. This will generate a lot of network traffic that may stress my VPS server too much Smiley
Instead I'm considering Tenebrix. Solidcoins 2.0 will be available as soon as it is restarted.

I like the free market approach to all these forks as opposed to DoucheExpress' dictatorial approach... So here is an idea for the people who want GG in coinotron:

Try a donation/inverse-bounty payable in any of the currencies you work with such that when whatever $$ amount is reached to be able to upgrade your server big enough to support the extra load you will upgrade and add it?

If GG has enough supporters it shouldn't take too long to drum up the cash to upgrade the server(s) I would imagine?  Plus you might get some donations from other chains hoping to monopolize on the shared increased performance to them as well?

It may not be feasible but if so this could be a good idea for you.

That is very good idea. And it looks feasible, although there will be some work to perform. If it works, I will send you a bounty Smiley
legendary

legendary
So it's not really proportional, or is it? (Can you explain a bit more about your reward system?)

Here you have exact formula :

Share Score = exp ( C * time span from beginning of the round to share delivery time / round duration )

Payout = 50 * sum( miner’s share scores ) / sum( all miners share scores )

For C = 0 we have Share Score = 1 for each delivered share i.e system is proportional.
When we raise C value, system becomes similar to Slush’s method. Most precious are shares delivered at the end of the round.

Currently we use C = 0 – pool is small, round duration is measured in days.
But when we observe increase of pool-hoopers activity we will set this value to about 6.

How has this changed, if at all, for the BTC side ?

It didn't change for BTC.
So it's not really proportional, or is it? (Can you explain a bit more about your reward system?)

Here you have exact formula :

Share Score = exp ( C * time span from beginning of the round to share delivery time / round duration )

Payout = 50 * sum( miner’s share scores ) / sum( all miners share scores )

For C = 0 we have Share Score = 1 for each delivered share i.e system is proportional.
When we raise C value, system becomes similar to Slush’s method. Most precious are shares delivered at the end of the round.

Currently we use C = 0 – pool is small, round duration is measured in days.
But when we observe increase of pool-hoopers activity we will set this value to about 6.

How has this changed, if at all, for the BTC side ?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
Honestly I'm afraid of these 1-2 sec rounds. This will generate a lot of network traffic that may stress my VPS server too much Smiley
Instead I'm considering Tenebrix. Solidcoins 2.0 will be available as soon as it is restarted.

Simplecoin.us can do it...
legendary
Activity: 896
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
legendary
2011-09-28 New enhanced version of to auto-worker.

1. We've added possibility to set handicap for each coin. It affects algorithm of selection of most profitable coin. It can be used together with auto-worker. It works just like handicap in soccer betting.
If you prefer some coin over others you can set handicap to positive value. This coin will be selected for mining even if its profitability is below 1.0.
If you set negative value then coin will be selected only when its profitability is much higher than profitability of other coins.

Let's see how it works. Let's assume that we are interested only in BTC or I0C mining and BTC profitability is equal 1.

Example 1.
User wants to mine i0coins even if their profitability is below 1. He sets I0C handicap to +15%. Worker will be switched to I0C at I0C profitability = 0.87 ( 1/(1 + 15%) ). Below 0.87, worker will mine BTC.

Example 2.
User wants to mine i0coins only if they are significantly more valuable than BTC. He sets I0C handicap to -20%. Worker will be switched to I0C at I0C profitability = 1.25 ( 1/(1 - 20%) ). Below 1.25, worker will mine BTC.

legendary
Is there an ETA on the JSON API?

Atm no, there isn't. I'm working on pool improvements and integration with Solidcoin 2.0
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
2011-09-20  New features:

1. Two new columns in statistics: number of shares and difficulty at the time when block has been solved
2. For NMC, IXC, I0C, SC added links to multichain block explorer http://blockexplorer.sytes.net/
3. Links to multichain block explorer from user payouts list.
4. Pool's performance improvements - miners idle warnings almost eliminated!

Is there an ETA on the JSON API?
Pages:
Jump to: