Pages:
Author

Topic: COINOTRON pool - BTC pool closed, please withdraw your coins. - page 10. (Read 61845 times)

legendary
Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000
FYI
2 weeks after DDOS attacks. Pool is working fine.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Testing you guys LTC pool with a bit over 100KH at present, so far so good.
legendary
Latest news:

1. Amended Profitability matrix. We added new entries, showing figures for LTC vs BTC profitability on Nvidia and Ati(AMD) GPUs.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1044577

2. We have made major improvement in Long Poll support. Now LP works fine even if all your miners are pointed to one worker. Previously there was limitation 1 worker = 1 mining program with LP or many mining programs without LP

3. DGM is working fine.

legendary
5 DGM blocks solved.
legendary
Second DGM block solved. We payed out 65 BTC !
legendary
Do value for "current round rewards" for btc update when a round is in progress? Just wondering how miners can take a look at their submitted shares.

Yes, it is being updated every 2 hours.
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
Do value for "current round rewards" for btc update when a round is in progress? Just wondering how miners can take a look at their submitted shares.
legendary
First DGM round was unlucky for pool ( 11 days and 2360000 ). Nonetheless we payed out 69 BTC !

PS
I hope, next round will be shorter Smiley
legendary
FYI.

Today last proportional BTC block has been solved.
Current round will be rewarded using DGM.

as i asked above:

what is with the pool-server-downtime in DGM-reward?

As far as I understand DGM, such downtime doesn't change miner's reward because algorithm of reward calculation doesn't depend on time when given share was submitted.

Here is quote from Meni's thread about DGM:
"In the capacitor analogy, every miner has a capacitor which is charged as he submits shares, and its charge level affects how much he gets per future block found. The pool at large does not have a capacitor which charges as blocks are found and affects the reward for future shares submitted. The pool's history has no effect whatsoever on the rewards for future shares."

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.687419

Activity: 309
Merit: 250
FYI.

as i asked above:

what is with the pool-server-downtime in DGM-reward?
legendary
FYI.

legendary
can we get the BTC  min withdraw lowered so some of us slower peeps can get our coins off?

seem like anything below 0.5 doesnt work

OK. I changed minimum withdraw amount to 0.1 Smiley

that was quick.. thanks

I was going to change that few months ago, but I was too lazy then Smiley
Activity: 476
moOo
can we get the BTC  min withdraw lowered so some of us slower peeps can get our coins off?

that was quick.. thanks
Activity: 309
all coinotron pools down?

how does the dgm handle the pool downtime, this seems like hopping of the members, but it is not hopping...
legendary

Activity: 476
moOo

legendary

DGM reward system in BTC pool !

We are changing our BTC payout algorithm to Meni Rosenfeld's Double Geometric Method. This method has been designed to limit reward variance and is hopping-proof. Details about DGM you can find here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/double-geometric-method-hopping-proof-low-variance-reward-system-39497
We chose following values for DGM parameters:
 f = -1
c = 0.5
o = 0.25
For next 10 rounds BTC mining fees will be reduced to 0%

Thanks for the notice!  Now there are sooo many reasons to mine coinotron!  Merged mining right? Wink  Switched in mid round, right?

Heh, DGM will be enabled in next round. Current round is proportional.
And to clarify merged mining issue: we don't plan to introduce it.
Activity: 742
Merit: 503

We are changing our BTC payout algorithm to Meni Rosenfeld's Double Geometric Method. This method has been designed to limit reward variance and is hopping-proof. Details about DGM you can find here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/double-geometric-method-hopping-proof-low-variance-reward-system-39497
 f = -1
c = 0.5
o = 0.25
For next 10 rounds BTC mining fees will be reduced to 0%

Thanks for the notice!  Now there are sooo many reasons to mine coinotron!  Merged mining right? Wink  Switched in mid round, right?
legendary

f = -1
c = 0.5
o = 0.25

Edit: DGM will be enabled in next round, ie round number 56. Current round (55) will be payed out like previous one, as proportional.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Looks like I just missed the boat. They've drawn the line for early adopters, and any mining done hence forth will be lucky to break even with the power bill  Sad
Pages:
Jump to: