Pages:
Author

Topic: Coins kept in exchange, are they safe? - page 30. (Read 5685 times)

Activity: 402
Merit: 19
August 07, 2018, 11:13:54 PM
You should keep it in your hardware wallet or a personal wallet. Keeping it on exchanges are not safe and it is very risky
Activity: 85
Merit: 0
August 07, 2018, 09:25:10 PM
I think It's not safe to keep coins on exchange for a long time  because Exchanges can be hacked, lose our money.
Activity: 217
August 07, 2018, 09:16:50 PM
If you keep the coin on the exchange you should send at sites like kucoin, houbi, bittrex, binance. KYC and turn on 2fa you can be assured.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
August 07, 2018, 09:09:21 PM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.
In what exchange you keep the coins. You'd better not keep the coin in big amount of money in exchangers. I have experience lost  2000 USD value in cryptodao. Cryptodao is fuck, they claim my asset and I can't get back. Many new exchangers now that you and I not know the reputation. Better keep the big amount of asset in your own wallet. it is much more secure,
Activity: 798
Merit: 104
August 07, 2018, 09:06:12 PM
Ill think it will safe but must choose to those exchange are popular to the people letting their coins to put in that exchange, Actually bittrex and binance are the better to kept your coins on their.

i think they are the same even though they highly popular well known exchange site its because they are more risk in attacking hackers due to a highly popular traders are in transacted. So better keep it the coins in offline wallet.
copper member
Activity: 266
August 07, 2018, 08:56:19 PM
As far as i've read, you should never store coins longer than necessary on a trading platform.
And i will definitely stick to that.
It calms me more when i have control over my coins.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 260
August 07, 2018, 08:19:29 PM
Ill think it will safe but must choose to those exchange are popular to the people letting their coins to put in that exchange, Actually bittrex and binance are the better to kept your coins on their.
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
August 07, 2018, 07:59:20 PM
I would say leaving your crypto in an exchange isn't safe at all.
The #1 reason why is because you don't have control over your keys that let you access you wallets.
So you are 100% at the mercy of the exchange itself.
that means, that not only hacks, you are also vulnerable for technical failures also.
For example, hitbtc frequently has technical errors when trading or trying to withdraw.
This can make your crypto currency "disappear" and there's nothing you can do about it.  The exchange controls it all.

Think of it like going to open a bank account and leaving all your money there.
But this bank is not regulated by government authorities or insured through federal programs.
That bank could do whatever they want with your money and their would be nothing you can do.
They can even just say, "oh, due to a filing error, your deposit didn't go through"
Activity: 368
Merit: 250
August 07, 2018, 07:58:40 PM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.
If you want to follow the scenario of the people who had their funds in etherdelta and bitconnect, you can store your funds in exchange. Though they said that exchange are safest storage of assets, I don't believe with them because of the hack events happened last year. If I were you, I will stock it in cold wallet than in exchange wallet because there is more assurance in cold wallet, trezor or ledger than exchange wallet.
Activity: 87
August 07, 2018, 07:53:57 PM
No it's not, always keep small amout on exchanges ! Exchanges can be hacked, some are very safe, other are really not safe... The best is to keep token on wallet (Best is legder or Trezor).

Moreover most of people have the same password for several exchanges (there is a lot of coins and so much exchanges), so if one is hacked you have to be careful with other account, and be sure you use unique password Smiley

Activity: 896
Merit: 500
August 07, 2018, 07:51:58 PM
Many times when you feel insecure holding your pennies. You are afraid of being scammed, stolen, hacked. It's best to keep your money in carefully-guarded wallets. Make sure you only know the password. Buy the best electronic wallet for safe deposit.
Merit: 10
https://auditchain.com
August 07, 2018, 07:51:39 PM
If you just know how many exchanges were hacked and how many people lost theirs money. Some exchanges can give your money back, some of course no. Crypto is maximum safe only in hard wallet (but not 100%). But if you want to keep crypto on exchange only, choose one from top 5
Activity: 84
August 07, 2018, 07:48:12 PM
never save coins in any exchange, it's not recommended and is very risky.
it's better to keep it in the wallet, because the security system is more secure.
Activity: 630
August 07, 2018, 07:43:48 PM
What coins do you keep depending on how much time they are in the market? If the price is too low you should keep waiting for the opportunity to sell high prices. If high prices you should sell immediately to make up for losses in case. Only you know if you hold the coin safe or not.
Activity: 217
Merit: 14
August 07, 2018, 07:29:19 PM
Coins kept on the exchange wallets were safe to some extent, because we can't do anything if they go out closing the exchange service. This has taken place several times, and the same has taken place with several bitcoin wallets as well. It is to learn and find the best way to keep our holdings in a secure manner.
Activity: 350
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
August 07, 2018, 07:26:43 PM
For now I think keeping coins on exchanges are really crucial because I read that some exchanges were hacked some time ago and if this happens that means if you have some amounts there it  will be gone forever.
Activity: 981
Merit: 503
August 07, 2018, 07:25:27 PM
I do not think that it is safe, it would only be safe if you are doing it on a good and a proper exchange (like binance, poloniex, or kucoin) otherwise just keep them on your  wallet

Good one or bad one, exchanges are not made to store your coins, but trade them. The best place to keep your coins is the hardware ledger or wallet. keeping them in exchange just increase the risk unnecessary.
Activity: 532
Merit: 6
August 07, 2018, 07:13:29 PM
Yes they are safe
All you need to do is activate two factor verification which is also called 2fa

Then avoid compromising the details
And avoid fake api apps
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
August 07, 2018, 07:04:43 PM
I do not think that it is safe, it would only be safe if you are doing it on a good and a proper exchange (like binance, poloniex, or kucoin) otherwise just keep them on your  wallet
Activity: 294
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!
August 07, 2018, 07:00:36 PM
Nothing is safe in this world, and exchanges are also regularly hacked.
I personallt try to minimize the time my tokens spend on exchange because a successful hack attack can happen even tomorrow.
Pages:
Jump to: