Pages:
Author

Topic: Coins kept in exchange, are they safe? - page 31. (Read 5685 times)

Activity: 313
Merit: 10
August 07, 2018, 06:59:52 PM
It is always advisable to avoid keeping coin on the exchange because most these exchanges especially the decentralized ones are easily prone hack and will lead to will lead of asset and the probabilitybof getting a return is very slim.
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
August 07, 2018, 06:52:27 PM
I never store substantial amounts of crypto on exchanges. Mainly, I keep there those alts and tokens which I am expecting to grow in price in the nearest future so I can easily fix my profit.
Activity: 658
August 07, 2018, 06:47:40 PM
in my opinion no first rule never let coin in an centralized exchange second rule never forget the first rule for real this is risky even binance and bitfinex are considering the migration to a decentralized exchange
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
August 07, 2018, 12:51:51 PM
I don't know what makes you think that keeping your coins on exchange wallets is going to be less risky than keeping them in your wallet. Do you know how vulnerable exchanges are to hacking. Storing you coins in your wallets is any time going to be better than keeping them on exchanges.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
August 07, 2018, 09:42:59 AM
Depending on the coin you choose to hold, if you choose the right penny, you will always be profitable, if you choose the wrong coin you will lose that opportunity.
Activity: 355
A p e S w a p ///$BANANA Farms
August 07, 2018, 09:22:30 AM
It is better to keep it in your personal wallet, do not store it in the exchange wallet
because the risk of loss can occur, because theft can occur on the exchange site,
it would be better to send it to nano ledger because of the possibility of a minimal loss,
copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 14
August 07, 2018, 09:13:01 AM
It is very important, on which Exchange you keep your coins. Sometimes even the market leaders fail. So keep a part of the coins on your personal wallet. So it will be safer.
Activity: 37
August 07, 2018, 09:07:50 AM
Coins are not really 100% safe anywhere... There are some scam exchanges out there too that'll disappear immediately enough users have deposited substantial amount of valuable assets on their site.. To minimize lose, the best and logical step is to distribute your assets in as many wallets as possible, making sure you don't share or expose you private keys, with this, even though a wallet is compromised, you don't end up losing all your assets..
Activity: 280
August 07, 2018, 09:00:59 AM
It depends on the exchange itself and always chose the top 10 exchange because the developer of the exchange always does improvement in their exchange especially on the security of their exchange that makes it become a good exchange.
Activity: 972
Merit: 255
Bear season or just the beginning
August 07, 2018, 08:58:25 AM
If you are holding long term coins. You are planning to hold them for years or even many months then keeping it in you own wallets are safer. I haven't had any problems so far with keeping coins in exchanges though.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1022
August 07, 2018, 08:56:21 AM
The coins that are in the exchangers do not belong to you. You can lose them and the exchange will not bear any responsibility.
Activity: 48
August 07, 2018, 08:54:24 AM
Security is above all. For long-term holding the exchange is not suitable. There are big risks of losing coins. But if i don't have a large amount of coins, then for a short term holding i can safely keep them there.
Activity: 59
August 07, 2018, 08:52:03 AM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.
I don't think storing your coins in the market can be guaranteed. because hackers can penetrate the market like last month which is often talked about.
but you don't need to be afraid because at this time after the incident all markets must focus more on the security of the market.
copper member
Activity: 253
Merit: 2
August 07, 2018, 08:50:04 AM
I feel keeping our coins in exchanges, mininize the risk of loosing our coins to wallet hackers.
Exchange are the most favourite of Hackers , so i will prefer not to keep my assets on any exchange , rather than i will keep it in any online wallet or app. The safest option to store our assets is Hardware wallets like Ledger Nano , Trezor T. But for exchanges it is a no no no from me.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
https://eloncity.io/
August 07, 2018, 08:46:37 AM

I totally disagree with you on this because over the years we have heard a lot about exchanges been hacked. I think the best place to keep your coin is wallet not exchange. Hardware wallet is the safest haven to keep your tokens.
Yes, many exchanges can often be attacked, especially those inexperienced small exchanges. I'd rather put it in the cold purse.
Activity: 672
August 07, 2018, 08:39:21 AM

I totally disagree with you on this because over the years we have heard a lot about exchanges been hacked. I think the best place to keep your coin is wallet not exchange. Hardware wallet is the safest haven to keep your tokens.
Activity: 65
August 07, 2018, 08:03:53 AM
I have been using the exchange wallet (Binance) for several years, I have not seen any problems
Activity: 139
August 07, 2018, 07:59:15 AM
This is not a good way to be safe from hackers , I advise you to choose better way instead of this like you can you hardware wallet. It is absolutely safe.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
August 07, 2018, 07:55:27 AM
It all depends on the exchange, because not all exchanges your coins will be safe!
Activity: 100
August 07, 2018, 07:27:34 AM
I don't think it's safe . a lot of bad news about how this or that exchange was hacked
Pages:
Jump to: